Page 211 of 3387 FirstFirst ... 1111612012092102112122132212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 67739
    When checking in on a neighbor's cats, the youngest one did jump on the back of the sofa and reach up to my neck to be held and petted. (At least I don't think he was attacking) It was cute.

I grew up in a dog household with a mother that was afraid of cats, so never wanted to own one. I am the spinster aunt in the family and refuse to give in to the stereotype of owning multiple cats.

I grew up in a household with both cats and dogs. They each have their advantages. I stick up for the cats because like being a Duke fan, everyone seems to be against them for irrational reasons...

Somebody say something before I get cited for PUI.

But seriously...I won the 4000th Post Contest, so obviously, I'm the best.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Another thread...I was crossposting
    BD suggested I do some crossposting recently. I politely declined

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I did? When?

I have neither a dog nor a cat. I had dogs as a kid. I'm allergic to cats.

Personally, I love pigs. I sometimes think about getting one of those pot-bellied pigs as a pet. Birds too, I love birds. Although one chewed on my knuckle at the pet store once and it took forever to heal, I'm not too sure about bird saliva. I'd want one that didn't bite me.

The thing about big cats in the wild, don't the males get the harems together so they can lay around without having to do any of the hunting? I'm pretty sure that's true of lions. Can't say I applaud that behavior.

We have a stray cat hanging around our neighborhood. It killed a mouse and brought to me on the back porch yesterday. Sadly, as I said before, I'm allergic or I might be tempted to feed it. Youngest son likes chasing it around though.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I did? When?

I have neither a dog nor a cat. I had dogs as a kid. I'm allergic to cats.

Personally, I love pigs. I sometimes think about getting one of those pot-bellied pigs as a pet. Birds too, I love birds. Although one chewed on my knuckle at the pet store once and it took forever to heal, I'm not too sure about bird saliva. I'd want one that didn't bite me.
    miniskirt and white go-go boots or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    What kind of a dog is this?
    This got buried, Fish, but that dog looks like a young French bulldog. Frenchies have the perky, bat-ears.

I have a youngish (adolescent, I guess) bulldog/boxer snuggling and snoring with me, and generally being way better than your cat. The sweeeetest.

Way to get this thread to 4,000+ posts!!

We've added nearly 200 just in the past week. At this rate (and provided BB maintains his board silence,) the LTE can pass BB by Halloween, no problem.

Maybe we should set a stretch goal* of Columbus Day, for LTE>BB?

(*I apologize for the corporate-speak here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The thing about big cats in the wild, don't the males get the harems together so they can lay around without having to do any of the hunting? I'm pretty sure that's true of lions. Can't say I applaud that behavior.
    The harems are kind of there already. Perhaps a chicken or the egg thing? The males provide protection, mainly from other males and hyenas and will get involved in hunts on some of the bigger prey(water buffalo, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I have a youngish (adolescent, I guess) bulldog/boxer snuggling and snoring with me, and generally being way better than your cat. The sweeeetest.
    Mere supposition...your assertion has no basis in fact. And remember to wash the blanket/comforter in the morning. The drool starts to smell after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    But seriously...I won the 4000th Post Contest, so obviously, I'm the best.
    The GOAT might beg to differ...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    miniskirt and white go-go boots or something like that
    Oh, that kind of crossposting.

I still say male lions are lazy.

Cats/Dogs

I grew up in a dog household. Both my sister and I have cats.

Unlike Dukieinkansas, I am proud being a spinster aunt with multiple cats. In fact, my long range goal is to be know as old lady Galore with a thousand cats. You better not go near her house or you'll end up in the dungeon she keeps for the neighborhood kids. Bwahhahahahahahhahah!

Seriously, I love that my cats are independent and can somewhat take care of themselves when I'm not home. They do greet me at the door, though admittedly the older one (16) does come to the door if I come home around her dinner time and tells me it's time to feed her. The other cats do greet me at the door so they can get their ritual lovins.

I have a theory, that will tick off dog-lovers, about who chooses which animal and why. A dog is totally dependent on his keeper. The keeper feeds the dog and lets the dog out for the dog to do business. Thus, the keeper has a need to feel needed.

A cat is pretty independent, the cat keeper can go away for a weekend and leave extra food and water out, as well as extra litter. The cat keeper wants to be wanted, not needed.

lte

cats? dogs? harummph-we have neither. need another subject started on this thread to pad #s

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    What time do you get up to take the dog out?
    My dogs don't poop in a sandbox in the house, they go outside.

I usually get up at 5:45 and go for a run before work. I love the smell of victory in the morning!

This morning there was good moonlight.

". . . leaping and hopping in the moon shadows . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have no pets - but if I did, it would be a dog. They are actually happy to see you when you get home whereas most cats I know don't care. Also, cleaning a litter box daily is just wrong. The dogs I care for go out before bed and then when I get up in the morning.

If I knew how to set up a poll and could figure out how to word the question/answers, I'd want to find out if the cat lovers grew up in a cat household and dog lovers in a dog household, etc. I'm thinking there is a correlation between the type of pet you had as a child and the type you are drawn to as an adult. (Our best pet was our dog - Charlie Brown - part poodle/part fence jumper.)
    Also postulate that there is a strong correlation between democrats and cats. If you remove the R from democrats (they don't like R's), they end in cats. Q.E.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Also postulate that there is a strong correlation between democrats and cats. If you remove the R from democrats (they don't like R's), they end in cats. Q.E.D.
    Are you trying to get this moved to the PPB?

I would think cat owners would fall more in the category of Independents than Democrats or Republicans.