Page 2263 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 126317632163221322532261226222632264226522732313236327633263 ... LastLast
Results 45,241 to 45,260 of 67398
    Well, I have one in my signature, but it also has a spoiler. So I guess I'll go again:

He was wearing his damn jammies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, I have one in my signature, but it also has a spoiler. So I guess I'll go again:

He was wearing his damn jammies!
    Also Raising Arizona!

I think I enjoy hunting spotted lantern flies more than my toddler does.

Hot take: The Big Lebowski is vastly overrated. It has put me to sleep on four separate occasions. I will never watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Hot take: The Big Lebowski is vastly overrated. It has put me to sleep on four separate occasions. I will never watch it.
    After that TLC take, I wasn’t sure you could create more enemies on this board.

I stand corrected.

Wilson is a nihilist.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

I’ve seen Raising Arizona, Fargo, The Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men from the Coen brothers list.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’ve seen Raising Arizona, Fargo, The Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men from the Coen brothers list.
    I loved Fargo. I believe it's the only Coen Brothers film I've seen in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I loved Fargo. I believe it's the only Coen Brothers film I've seen in its entirety.
    I'm not sure I've seen any of their movies. I haven't seen any of the ones listed above. Not sure what else they have done.

Title Distributor
    1984 Blood Simple
    1987 Raising Arizona
    1990 Miller's Crossing
    1991 Barton Fink
    1994 The Hudsucker Proxy
    1996 Fargo
    1998 The Big Lebowski
    2000 O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    2001 The Man Who Wasn't There
    2003 Intolerable Cruelty
    2004 The Ladykillers
    2007 No Country for Old Men
    2008 Burn After Reading
    2009 A Serious Man
    2010 True Grit
    2013 Inside Llewyn Davis
    2016 Hail, Caesar!
    2018 The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    TBA The Tragedy of Macbeth

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Title Distributor
    1984 Blood Simple
    1987 Raising Arizona
    1990 Miller's Crossing
    1991 Barton Fink
    1994 The Hudsucker Proxy
    1996 Fargo
    1998 The Big Lebowski
    2000 O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    2001 The Man Who Wasn't There
    2003 Intolerable Cruelty
    2004 The Ladykillers
    2007 No Country for Old Men
    2008 Burn After Reading
    2009 A Serious Man
    2010 True Grit
    2013 Inside Llewyn Davis
    2016 Hail, Caesar!
    2018 The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    TBA The Tragedy of Macbeth
    I'm a movie failure - haven't seen any of these. Thought for a minute I had seen Blood Simple but I was thinking of Blood Work with Clint Eastwood.

Raising Arizona is weird but funny. Big Lebowski and Fargo too. That is kind of a Coen Brothers theme. Their movies are very much married to time and place and deal strongly in regional stereotypes, laced with absurdist humor. O Brother Where Art Thou and No Country for Old Men are just fantastic films.

I missed the sandal/shoe thread yesterday, but if I could revive it for an actual question among you sandal people, I have an actual question:

I'm looking for an open-toed, rugged, arch-supported, fasten-around-the-ankle pair of sandals, preferably leather, although that last is not required. I had a pair of Ocean Pacific sandals that lasted 20 years (of, granted, not very hard use), but I can't find that model (or even anything very close). I took a picture of the recently departed for reference:
    Ocean Pacific Sandal.jpg

Any suggestions?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I saw Blood Simple in a theater during its first theatrical run. I can't quote from it though.

The Hudsucker Proxy is an overlooked masterpiece.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    "You fascinate me!"

(It's not so much the quote but the way it is delivered. Brilliant.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That's how I feel about Miller's Crossing.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I missed the sandal/shoe thread yesterday, but if I could revive it for an actual question among you sandal people, I have an actual question:

I'm looking for an open-toed, rugged, arch-supported, fasten-around-the-ankle pair of sandals, preferably leather, although that last is not required. I had a pair of Ocean Pacific sandals that lasted 20 years (of, granted, not very hard use), but I can't find that model (or even anything very close). I took a picture of the recently departed for reference:
    Ocean Pacific Sandal.jpg

Any suggestions?
    I swear by my Chacos. They're not the cheapest, but they last like crazy. I positively live in mine for fully half the year.

I swear by my Chacos. They're not the cheapest, but they last like crazy. I positively live in mine for fully half the year.
    Chacos and Keens have great arch support. Most people swear by one or the other. I'm a weirdo who has both. Go try some on at REI. You might find an end of summer deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I saw Blood Simple in a theater during its first theatrical run. I can't quote from it though.

Star M. Emmett Walsh (aka Mike) lives near here...very funny guy.

Meanwhile on the small time sports front, the exchange student from Barcelona who is living with neighbors of ours for a year is playing varsity football, loves special teams, he's a really good tackler. Not bad for a kid who had never touched a U.S. football..