Page 2030 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 103015301930198020202028202920302031203220402080213025303030 ... LastLast
Results 40,581 to 40,600 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    He has his detractors, but I really like Michael Barbaro.
    He got an Oreo beard.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    He got an Oreo beard.
    Oreos are overrated in my opinion.

Oreos are overrated in my opinion.
    Given your other food choices, I will strongly discount this opinion.

Given your other food choices, I will strongly discount this opinion.
    I don't really have a good comeback for this. I also thought Girl Scout Cookies were overrated. I think I shared that before.

I don't really have a good comeback for this. I also thought Girl Scout Cookies were overrated. I think I shared that before.
    The Samoa’s (they’ve been renamed but can’t remember what to) aside, I agree.

BUT one of the few flavors I actively dislike is the combo of chocolate and mint. So, thin mints ain’t my thing.

(Ducks).

Quote Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
    "Case in point of an area where the Canadian healthcare system fails - covid vaccines. The US has gotten 265 million shots in arms, 118 million (35.8%) people fully vaccinated (nearly 4 times the adult population of Canada) while Canada has managed ~17 million shots in arms and 1.3 (3.5%) fully vaccinated. Darn straight that border should remained close - to protect US! And Canada wouldn't even be doing that well if the US hadn't started sharing doses with them in late March. (There are several factors that get into PPB territory to explain why Canada failed so miserably, but a large contributing factor has to do with how their healthcare system is structured.)"

I would argue that Canada's lag in vaccinations compared to the US is largely attributed to the lack of production facilities rather than the healthcare system, which has actually been pretty effective in distributing the vaccines Canada has been able to acquire. (The loss of production facilities dates back to Mulroney's Conservative government program of privatization in the 80's.)

One could judge the effectiveness of the healthcare systems in dealing with Covid by cases and deaths per 100,000. Covid cases per 100,000: US 10,005; Canada 3505. Covid deaths per 100,000: US 177.82; Canada 65.86.
    Yeah, I don't think vax rates say much about Canada's system...I will readily concede that one of the few VERY good things the last U.S. administration did was to procure gobs and gobs of vaccine...that has proved to be a smart move...

BUT one of the few flavors I actively dislike is the combo of chocolate and mint. So, thin mints ain’t my thing.

(Ducks).
    They are not what they used to be, and it also depends on the baker. For some unknown reason, central NC was switched to ABC Bakers, which call them peanut butter sandwich, pb patty, and caramel delights. USED to be Little Brownie Bakers which have do-si-dos, Tagalongs, and Samoas. ABCs are just not as good. And now, Little Brownie has Lemon-ups which are much better than ABCs lemonades.

Yes, I was a Girl Scout and sold many a cookie. And, yes, I LOVE thin mints, though they are not as good as they used to be, either. I am trying to accept that there are some freaks of nature out there that do not like mint and chocolate, so no punches thrown.

(Ducks).
    Won't help, we know to swing low. And given your height, you are still well in the strike zone.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Won't help, we know to swing low. And given your height, you are still well in the strike zone.
    Hmmmm, callback. I may need to limit my secrets. Got some art of war readers I see.

Hmmmm, callback. I may need to limit my secrets. Got some art of war readers I see.
    Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetland ponies.

Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetland ponies.
    Viva Lil' Sebastian!

Viva Lil' Sebastian!
    I always loved Ben's reaction to Lil Sebastián. Or lack thereof.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yeah, I don't think vax rates say much about Canada's system...I will readily concede that one of the few VERY good things the last U.S. administration did was to procure gobs and gobs of vaccine...that has proved to be a smart move...
    Yep. Credit where credit is due. And they didn't just procure, they invested in the process which helped get multiple vaccines to market.

I'm sad Girl Scouts stopped selling the Thanks-a-Lot cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    They are not what they used to be, and it also depends on the baker. For some unknown reason, central NC was switched to ABC Bakers, which call them peanut butter sandwich, pb patty, and caramel delights. USED to be Little Brownie Bakers which have do-si-dos, Tagalongs, and Samoas. ABCs are just not as good. And now, Little Brownie has Lemon-ups which are much better than ABCs lemonades.

Yes, I was a Girl Scout and sold many a cookie. And, yes, I LOVE thin mints, though they are not as good as they used to be, either. I am trying to accept that there are some freaks of nature out there that do not like mint and chocolate, so no punches thrown.
    This is insider trading but with Girl Scouts. Solid knowledge drop. I’m impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm sad Girl Scouts stopped selling the Thanks-a-Lot cookies.
    They probably got quite a few very sarcastic fan notes upon discontinue.

This is insider trading but with Girl Scouts. Solid knowledge drop. I’m impressed.
    On my honor
    I will try
    To serve God
    My country
    and Mankind
    And to live by
    The Girl Scout Law!

and eat Thin Mints!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    On my honor
    I will try
    To serve God
    My country
    and Mankind
    And to live by
    The Girl Scout Law!

and eat Thin Mints!
    Sadly, thin mints aren't what they used to be. They're still good, don't get me wrong, but they were better back in the old days when they we basically a a chocolate-covered half-Oreo with actual mint creme. The new (meaning, been around several decades) "no creme" kind are delicious, but just not quite as delicious, and certainly less fun.

I was also a Girl Scout in my elementary school years.

Post number 40,600. We are clawing our way back into relevance.