Page 801 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 30170175179179980080180280381185190113011801 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,020 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by rfaison View Post
    So what are the pubs to hit in Asheville? My niece is getting married not far from Asheville this summer. Asheville was listed, in some article about best cities for micro-brews (I think that was it) that my sister (mother of the bride-to-be) posted on Facebook a little while back. Thus there could be some interest in pub-crawling ... recommendations??
    It depends on what you are looking for, really.

Thirsty Monk is rated one of the best beer bars in America. Upstairs they have about 30 taps with american style ales, downstairs is Belgian beer theme. It is most certainly a must.

You really want to check out the south slope of downtown, aka "the brewery district". Here you will find 6 breweries within a couple blocks of one another. Literally, all of the south slope is NOTHING but breweries. I would recommend hitting up Wicked Weed if you get hungry. They make some great brews and serve up some pretty nice food. If pizza is more your thing, try Asheville Brewing and Pizza, they just won gold at the World Beer Cup for their Ninja Porter.

If you have an evening dedicated to it, you can take the Asheville Brews Cruise. You can check out the details here.

Hopefully this is helpful, but if you have questions feel free to send a PM.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    What cars are you hoarding? Anything interesting?
    Interesting is in the eye of the beholder. Right now, two 1968 Pontiac Firebirds and a 1970 Buick GS 455 convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Thirsty Monk is rated one of the best beer bars in America. Upstairs they have about 30 taps with american style ales, downstairs is Belgian beer theme. It is most certainly a must.

You really want to check out the south slope of downtown, aka "the brewery district". Here you will find 6 breweries within a couple blocks of one another. Literally, all of the south slope is NOTHING but breweries. I would recommend hitting up Wicked Weed if you get hungry. They make some great brews and serve up some pretty nice food. If pizza is more your thing, try Asheville Brewing and Pizza, they just won gold at the World Beer Cup for their Ninja Porter.

If you have an evening dedicated to it, you can take the Asheville Brews Cruise. You can check out the details here.

cheers!
    From the link:

"Typically you will receive approximately 15-16 4oz samples during your tour."

Holy hops, Batman, that's a helluva lotta beer, especially if ~half those samples might be 7%+ ABV.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From the link:

Holy hops, Batman, that's a helluva lotta beer, especially if ~half those samples might be 7%+ ABV.
    Batman would have no trouble with this...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From the link:

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Batman would have no trouble with this...
    Why do you think he has a ward?

"Robin, you're driving tonight. Alfred and I are gonna get hammered."

008 Document Size.jpg

My '68 Coupe

68 Firebird Convertible.jpg
    The current state of my other '68 Firebird(Convertible)

IMG_5370.JPG
    My Buick is in a little better shape...

Just finished my last exam of 2L. And to cap it off in style, it was a racehorse exam. Now to Target, then to the Dodger game with school friends.

I just want to say, I love DBR.

That is all.

cheers!
    Thanks a bunch mattman - this is perfect! As you said in the post above, "I love DBR!"

This thread went to page two, so...

Kate Upton.

This thread went to page two, so...

Kate Upton.
    George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    George Clooney.
    Also Mallory Edens, apparently, to keep it on topic (while throwing in the gratuitous - if appropriately weak - pun, too).

-jk

I don't care about American Idol, but go Caleb Johnson! Make Asheville proud!

Poster from NY Rangers-Canadiens NHL playoff match tonight:

Are you pregnant ref?

Because you've missed two periods.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I love the internet! I was able to watch the Freddy's online tonight. Got to see niece Elizabeth in the opening and closing numbers plus in the number from Seussical. It was great.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I love the internet! I was able to watch the Freddy's online tonight. Got to see niece Elizabeth in the opening and closing numbers plus in the number from Seussical. It was great.
    Wait... back up. The Freddys as in the awards? I have a friend who's won for choreography and other stuff before.

I have no connections to the Freddys.

Wait... back up. The Freddys as in the awards? I have a friend who's won for choreography and other stuff before.
    Yes - Freddy's as in awards for high school musicals in eastern PA/NJ area. Her school was nominated in 11 award categories - they did win best lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Yes - Freddy's as in awards for high school musicals in eastern PA/NJ area. Her school was nominated in 11 award categories - they did win best lighting.
    Nice! Congrats to them! I'm pretty sure my friend won again last night, too.

Nice! Congrats to them! I'm pretty sure my friend won again last night, too.
    Winners and performances from last night are available on wfmz.com You'll have to PM me the name of the school. Sister Sue and Niece EBeth tend to go to a lot of the area plays so they may have seen the play.

Niece Ebeth was in the opening and closing numbers and in the Seussical number. She ended up wearing a mic in the Seussical number so I could pick out her voice easily.