Page 3004 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2004250429042954299430023003300430053006301430543104 ... LastLast
Results 60,061 to 60,080 of 67388
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Y’all hear about the guy that got sent to the hospital with a peekaboo injury?
    They sent him to the ICU.
    Wow, sorry! Is he okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    US or UK gauge?
    I did not know there is a difference! My last attempt to put needle to thread was in mrs Howe’s (who was too cool for school) 4th grade Art Class when I tried to knit a rendition of the White House when it was being burned by the Brits in 1812.. Mrs Howe took away my project after I had blasted through two balls of red 🧶 (true). That was kind of it as far as knitting needles go, then it was back to eating paste on a double-dare.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    back to eating paste on a double-dare.
    Though I've never done it myself, this is always the right answer.

Deepest bluest. My hat is like a sharks fin!

Deepest bluest. My hat is like a sharks fin!
    Oh my god did we just become best friends?

I did not know there is a difference! My last attempt to put needle to thread was in mrs Howe’s (who was too cool for school) 4th grade Art Class when I tried to knit a rendition of the White House when it was being burned by the Brits in 1812.. Mrs Howe took away my project after I had blasted through two balls of red 🧶 (true). That was kind of it as far as knitting needles go, then it was back to eating paste on a double-dare.
    1814. August 24. And no I didn't date a ton in college, why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oh my god did we just become best friends?
    It takes genius to appreciate high art!

the theme today

horrific rainy cold day, so the priorities are to get the dog to poop, then clean out the kennel now that most of the snow is gone (many big brown mounds to tend to) then I'll apply the splendid Fiskars tool to the 70 ft pine tree lying in the yard. Hard not to get excited about the day.

Dodged another round of tornados in TN last night. Up 'til 3:30 this morn watching the TV weather nerds play with their cool radar toys. Two confirmed tornados in abutting counties.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There is a difference. In UK sizes, the bigger the number the smaller the needle. In US sizes the smaller the number the smaller the needle which leads to there being sizes of 0, 00, 000, 0000, and crazily enough 00000. Canada just uses millimeters, no sizes.

So, back to the catheter question, a UK size 10 knitting needle is 3.25mm in diameter and a US size 10 knitting needle is 6mm in diameter.

sizes of 0, 00, 000, 0000, and crazily enough 00000.
    Steel wool stops at 0000.

Talking

There is a difference. In UK sizes, the bigger the number the smaller the needle. In US sizes the smaller the number the smaller the needle which leads to there being sizes of 0, 00, 000, 0000, and crazily enough 00000. Canada just uses millimeters, no sizes.

So, back to the catheter question, a UK size 10 knitting needle is 3.25mm in diameter and a US size 10 knitting needle is 6mm in diameter.
    Well I am truly glad I asked...kindof

Pulled in at 12:04 for today’s noon check-in. For road warrior performance on this latest journey, I give myself an A.

Well I am truly glad I asked...kindof
    I do not expect you to retain this knowledge and there will never be a quiz.

there will never be a quiz.
    Then why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Then why are we here?
    You want a quiz? OK.

Bostondevil's LTE Knitting Quiz (answers to all questions have been previously posted by Bostondevil in this thread.)

1) What is the difference between knitting needle sizes in the US versus the UK?
    2) In knitting terminology, what do the following terms mean: SABLE, Tink, Frogging, the Boyfriend Curse?
    3) What is the name of the website where all the knitters congregate to share their collective knowledge?
    4) What are the three kinds of knitting needles?
    5) What kind of knitting needles are typically used to knit socks?
    6) Name one person who is famous for knitting.
    7a) When the US Olympic Committee sued knitters for engaging in an activity known as the Knitting Olympics, what was the response of the knitters?
    7b) What were the rules of the Knitting Olympics?

Bonus Question (I think I've posted the answer to this but I'm not positive): On the knitting website that is the answer to question 3, there is a much, much, much longer thread than the LTE but with a similar goal called The Very Longest Thread. What is that thread's nickname?

Bostondevil's LTE Knitting Quiz (answers to all questions have been previously posted by Bostondevil in this thread.)

1) What is the difference between knitting needle sizes in the US versus the UK?
    2) In knitting terminology, what do the following terms mean: SABLE, Tink, Frogging, the Boyfriend Curse?
    3) What is the name of the website where all the knitters congregate to share their collective knowledge?
    4) What are the three kinds of knitting needles?
    5) What kind of knitting needles are typically used to knit socks?
    6) Name one person who is famous for knitting.
    7a) When the US Olympic Committee sued knitters for engaging in an activity known as the Knitting Olympics, what was the response of the knitters?
    7b) What were the rules of the Knitting Olympics?

Bonus Question (I think I've posted the answer to this but I'm not positive): On the knitting website that is the answer to question 3, there is a much, much, much longer thread than the LTE but with a similar goal called The Very Longest Thread. What is that thread's nickname?
    Honestly, I'm only going for partial credit by taking a shot at half an answer:

7a) They said the USOC was knit-picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Honestly, I'm only going for partial credit by taking a shot at half an answer:

7a) They said the USOC was knit-picking.
    Seriously, you can't answer question1?

Seriously, you can't answer question1?
    I’m disappointed #3 isn’t knitwit.com.