Page 2945 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1945244528452895293529432944294529462947295529953045 ... LastLast
Results 58,881 to 58,900 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed. I feel like everyone understandably flocked to Zoom in 2020, but now it's time to put your pants on and come to in-person meetings when feasible.
    My coworkers use online education as a means to not travel anymore. The story they tell themselves is that they're able to reach a wider audience. But you can't virtually take care of sick babies. Plus the people who are on the front lines taking care of these children don't have the luxury of sitting at home and virtually working. I think you have to get it to the trenches. Online education is valuable in that you can reach a wider audience. But it's an adjunct traditional, in person education. Not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My coworkers use online education as a means to not travel anymore. The story they tell themselves is that they're able to reach a wider audience. But you can't virtually take care of sick babies. Plus the people who are on the front lines taking care of these children don't have the luxury of sitting at home and virtually working. I think you have to get it to the trenches. Online education is valuable in that you can reach a wider audience. But it's an adjunct traditional, in person education. Not a substitute for it.
    Yes. And I understand the "accessibility" argument.

I just agree regarding added value of in person.

I would be more likely to go if it was pants-optional.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would be more likely to go if it was pants-optional.
    Not if it's my pants which were optional you wouldn't. #Ken doll

Agreed. I feel like everyone understandably flocked to Zoom in 2020, but now it's time to put your pants on and come to in-person meetings when feasible.
    I work on a small college campus, and have had many meetings recently over Zoom when all of the participants are in their offices. On the same campus. You know, less than a 5 minute walk from each other. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I work on a small college campus, and have had many meetings recently over Zoom when all of the participants are in their offices. On the same campus. You know, less than a 5 minute walk from each other. Smh
    Make no mistake. It's not for collaboration. It's not for the sharing of ideas. It's because it's easier and more convenient. Also meetings are stupid and generally could be an email. And committees are a cul-de-sac down which great ideas are lured and slowly strangled.

Make no mistake. It's not for collaboration. It's not for the sharing of ideas. It's because it's easier and more convenient. Also meetings are stupid and generally could be an email. And committees are a cul-de-sac down which great ideas are lured and slowly strangled.
    Meetings are stupid and should be emails. You just freed up half of my work week.

Meetings are stupid and should be emails. You just freed up half of my work week.
    Yes. I hate them. We do a monthly meeting and they usually last an hour and a half to two hours and there's about 7 minutes worth of information that I find to be valuable. I always exercise during the meeting so I can at least be productive physically while not being productive with work.

Yes. I hate them. We do a monthly meeting and they usually last an hour and a half to two hours and there's about 7 minutes worth of information that I find to be valuable. I always exercise during the meeting so I can at least be productive physically while not being productive with work.
    MONTHLY? Geez, the days where I don't have 2 or 3 Zooms are a blessing.

MONTHLY? Geez, the days where I don't have 2 or 3 Zooms are a blessing.
    I would move to a city with a healthy mass transit system that included a subway system, just so I could step in front of a train.

I once had a friend tell me that the best part of being friends with me is that I'm as close as it gets to being able to be friends with a serial killer. I took this as a compliment.

Also meetings are stupid and generally could be an email.
    Who reads e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Who reads e-mail?
    Definitely not me.

I’m on a one-person crusade to bring back singing telegrams.

I have a Teams presentation tomorrow. I prefer this format for two reasons. One, we are hoping for 100+ which could not happen in person. Two, in person, I can actually SEE everyone who is playing on the phone and not paying attention. On Teams, I can kid myself and believe that more are into what I am discussing. Note, we do not have folks on their cameras. Teams does not do well with too many cameras activated, thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have a Teams presentation tomorrow. I prefer this format for two reasons. One, we are hoping for 100+ which could not happen in person. Two, in person, I can actually SEE everyone who is playing on the phone and not paying attention. On Teams, I can kid myself and believe that more are into what I am discussing. Note, we do not have folks on their cameras. Teams does not do well with too many cameras activated, thank goodness!
    I just like to assume everyone is paying as little attention as I do.

Had one of my better Valentine's Days in memory last night...maybe the best.
    Ordinarily, we don't really make that big a deal of it, but it so happened that Drew & Ellie Holcomb, two of our favorite musicians, were playing a show together in town, and that their music is a beautiful meditation on life and love...especially poignant with our upcoming life changes. Every time we see them, it's downright spiritual, and last night was especially so.
    Add in a delicious, romantic Italian dinner, and we really enjoyed our evening.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m on a one-person crusade to bring back singing telegrams.
    I heard that you were feeling ill. Headache, fever, and a chill. I came to help restore your pluck...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Had one of my better Valentine's Days in memory last night...maybe the best.
    Ordinarily, we don't really make that big a deal of it, but it so happened that Drew & Ellie Holcomb, two of our favorite musicians, were playing a show together in town, and that their music is a beautiful meditation on life and love...especially poignant with our upcoming life changes. Every time we see them, it's downright spiritual, and last night was especially so.
    Add in a delicious, romantic Italian dinner, and we really enjoyed our evening.
    I love that!

I heard that you were feeling ill. Headache, fever, and a chill. I came to help restore your pluck...
    [insert joke about Abe Froman's sausage here]