Page 2907 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1907240728072857289729052906290729082909291729573007 ... LastLast
Results 58,121 to 58,140 of 67649
    So my W-2s are now available. I'm tempted to download ghem now and work on my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So my W-2s are now available. I'm tempted to download ghem now and work on my taxes.
    You, my friend, have unusual temptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Apology accepted.
    Thank you. And I apologize for using "impune" incorrectly. I meant "impugn". I know you know that, but it bugs me!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You, my friend, have unusual temptations.
    I just want my money back...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    mine are slooooow to arrive this year

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Thank you. And I apologize for using "impune" incorrectly. I meant "impugn". I know you know that, but it bugs me!
    I never, ever publicly correct someone else's grammar. I view that as worse than the original grammatical sin. Unless it's Clem, cause then it's funny.

I never, ever publicly correct someone else's grammar. I view that as worse than the original grammatical sin. Unless it's Clem, cause then it's funny.
    Hahaha! This made me laugh out loud!

I do, because I teach 7th grade and these people are linguistic cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I do, because I teach 7th grade and these people are linguistic cretins.
    It's like I taught them K-6.

Seeking advice: I'm a 56 yo male, single and dating. I'm an attorney and graduated from Duke so fairly well educated (IMO). I was texting with a woman referred by a friend last night. She added an apostrophe to every word that ended in an "s" regardless of whether it was plural or possessive (as in, "I'm having dinner with my son's over the weekend" or, when describing her work, "I do lot's of wedding parties"). Dealbreaker?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Seeking advice: I'm a 56 yo male, single and dating. I'm an attorney and graduated from Duke so fairly well educated (IMO). I was texting with a woman referred by a friend last night. She added an apostrophe to every word that ended in an "s" regardless of whether it was plural or possessive (as in, "I'm having dinner with my son's over the weekend" or, when describing her work, "I do lot's of wedding parties"). Dealbreaker?
    Nope. Have a great dinner you two!

No, but it bear's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No, but it bear's watching.
    This.

Bears repeating.

I admit I used to be a member of a local apostrophe militia, and we were known for taking action.

Depend's.

Ah, who am I kidding. Go have fun.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    If it's a phone text, chalk it up to autocorrect. Once you've met her, you can decide if it's autocorrect or not. At that point, it's up to you. Can you stand getting note's/email's/text's that contain that contain that many apostrophe's? For how long?

For me, personally? Probably a dealbreaker.

Sounds like you're worried that she may be the possessive type.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    If she chews gum and sticks it on the underside of the table I ‘d bail

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Sporked

I’m the last person to pass judgement on grammar.
    Since you said it happens every time, it might be an artifact from Speak to Text transcription. Heck it might even be a TikTok trend.