Page 2012 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 101215121912196220022010201120122013201420222062211225123012 ... LastLast
Results 40,221 to 40,240 of 67370
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That's a pretty cool job. What theater was it (I'm from the DFW area)?

Meanwhile:

1. Changed spikes at a golf course and clean the restroom
    2. Sold ice cream at a Marble Slab Creamery (don't eat anywhere teenagers work)
    3. Sold shoes at a mall shoe store (don't buy shoes from a place teenagers work)
    4. Worked the cater side of a restaurant business (see 2)

I did have a cool research assistant job at Duke. Worked out in one of the forests helping the PhD students collect data.

I want to say it was called the Village Theater. It was an independent theater and it was in Highland Park in an older shopping center that I think was called the Highland Park Village Shopping Center. It was a cool place to work. It was haunted. Yeah, right, but I saw some unexplained stuff so I decided to just roll with the ghost story. We weren't teenagers, it was mostly college kids so the popcorn was safe.

Just googled it and it's still there (although closed for now due to covid). They've made themselves over as theater that serves beer which was probably necessary. I had heard a rumor that it had ceased being a movie theater awhile back but it looks like those rumors were either wrong or somebody decided to reopen it as a movie theater.

DUDE! Don't erase our posts that aren't actually doing anything wrong! Are you working for Yum Beer? I knew they felt threatened!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. Didn't really understand it. Was more intrigued with how he got away with his verbage without being wankerized. Used an image?
    I missed it entirely. Although I guess perhaps I started it? Apologies to the Deebers, I was just curious.

fuse just wanted a free holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I missed it entirely. Although I guess perhaps I started it? Apologies to the Deebers, I was just curious.
    Don't victim shame. On another note it is chilly in the Old North State this morning on my morning walk. It feels really good. Headed to watch the State High School 1A football championships in a bit. I am only obliquely interested, I have friends I grew up with who have children playing in the game. I'm ecstatic about eating at one of my favorite restaurants in Chapel Hill and seeing my first live sports since the pandemic hit. Plus I will get to feel smug because Kenan Stadium has a really problematic name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nah. But apparently we discovered a structural flaw in the wanker filter. It’s a monstrosity but it’s got a small opening for destruction. I don’t want to brag but I nailed it. Then again, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home so, you know, maybe I’ll just kiss my sister later.

Nah. But apparently we discovered a structural flaw in the wanker filter. It’s a monstrosity but it’s got a small opening for destruction. I don’t want to brag but I nailed it. Then again, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home so, you know, maybe I’ll just kiss my sister later.
    A lot going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    A lot going on here.
    If you don’t start your day strong, you might as well get back in bed.

Going back to bed.

I'm one of those folks who hits the ground running. Pretty much 6 days a week within three minutes of my eyes opening I am doing a set of push-ups. The rest of my family does not suffer from this affliction.

buying a standby (automatic start) generator is more complex than one might imagine.

Did my Monty Python reference get deleted?!? Man, it was perfffffect situational humor!

You'll delete this post, but ham is the best sandwich meat...but not even close to the best derivation of pork. The pig is a wonderous animal.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    buying a standby (automatic start) generator is more complex than one might imagine.
    What size generator?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What size generator?
    14Kw...more than enough to keep everything going if we're gone for a week.. What the (very capable) generator guy does not dwell on is the issue of the required propane tank(s), which is VERY complicated, one must make many assumptions...and the smart solutions are not inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You'll delete this post, but ham is the best sandwich meat...but not even close to the best derivation of pork. The pig is a wonderous animal.
    Can bbq be a sandwich?

My morning...

Sitting in car, protected from steady drizzle.

Awaiting the start of my first live road-race since pre-pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Can bbq be a sandwich?
    I would argue no. Deli meat on sandwich bread only. We are a country with a system of rules people.

...sort of figured. Makes your assertion more defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Sitting in car, protected from steady drizzle.

Awaiting the start of my first live road-race since pre-pandemic.
    Wait. Are you a spectator or driver?