Page 1856 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 85613561756180618461854185518561857185818661906195623562856 ... LastLast
Results 37,101 to 37,120 of 67390
    “California Über Alles
    California Über Alles
    Über Alles California
    Über Alles California”

— The Dead Kennedys

(most of the lyrics would start a PPB fight so I’ll leave it at that)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That probably makes me the idiot neighbor. But I host a dessert only party every December* so, we're good.

*non pandemic years.
    we have occasional neighborhood get togethers in the summer months...Idiot Neighbor 1 has been known on several occasions, to bring kielbasas and then crack penis jokes, to the mortification of everyone. This is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What do you do? I went to physical therapy in my twenties and had my therapist tell me I had some of the tightest hammies she's ever seen. I feel like my hip flexors and hammies are pretty locked in. Best stretch for hip flexors for me is one knee on the floor, second leg out back and lean forward...
    I've been borrowing some ideas from this guy. Not full out routines but bits here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Or is it because, as the Red Hot Chili Peppers taught us, it’s just Californication?
    I do dream of that sometimes, and I love the Chili Peppers. I'm not sure I Dre and Tupac love them, but I love them a significant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we have occasional neighborhood get togethers in the summer months...Idiot Neighbor 1 has been known on several occasions, to bring kielbasas and then crack penis jokes, to the mortification of everyone. This is who he is.
    I think I'm your neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I do not have idiot neighbors, at least not in my immediate surroundings. I have two neighbors who own snow blowers. Whoever finishes their driveway first comes over and does mine, especially when they see that the hubby's car is not in the driveway.
    We have some of those neighbors, too, which is nice. One of them has a 4x4 with a plow and they do the cul-de-sac's. We always get them a six-pack or a gift card and they say we don't have to do it but we really appreciate it.

What do you do? I went to physical therapy in my twenties and had my therapist tell me I had some of the tightest hammies she's ever seen. I feel like my hip flexors and hammies are pretty locked in. Best stretch for hip flexors for me is one knee on the floor, second leg out back and lean forward...
    Also, I start my mornings with this a couple times a week, I find the runner's stretch at the start to be really effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think I'm your neighbor.
    There was no doubt about it from Andre 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

I have an excellent response to this...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've been borrowing some ideas from this guy. Not full out routines but bits here and there.

Also, I start my mornings with this a couple times a week, I find the runner's stretch at the start to be really effective.

Nice, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by -jk; 03-21-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: fix quote tag

I have a lot of chronic pain: torn rotator cuff injuries, spinal cord stenosis that caused compression fractures of 3 lower vertebrae, no attached knee ligaments in my right knee from a high school basketball ACL/MCL/LCL complete tear, knee and back arthritis. I find I can't stop exercising or I just hurt all the time. Exercising is the only thing that keeps me loose enough to manage the pain. I also go to the acupuncturist and that offers a lot of relief. And I don't care if it is the placebo effect.

Boy, LTE super gabby this AM. Everyone just sipping coffee, pounding away on the keyboards letting the bacon sizzle.

I can't stop exercising or I just hurt all the time. Exercising is the only thing that keeps me loose enough to manage the pain. I also go to the acupuncturist and that offers a lot of relief. And I don't care if it is the placebo effect.
    The pandemic has helped me rediscover exercise. I was a bit sketchy about it since I moved from Boston in '09. Job I had when I moved to Ohio left me little to no time for anything else.

Boy, LTE super gabby this AM. Everyone just sipping coffee, pounding away on the keyboards letting the bacon sizzle.
    Pounding the pavement and pounding out pushups. I am increasing to 500 6 days a week starting today. Sunday is usually one of 2 off days, so cutting that down to 1. I have also been cutting down the time between sets to 15 minutes from 20.

I haven't decided on breakfast yet. Bacon is in the mix.

Bacon is what gets the shrimp nice and ready for the grits.

Pounding the pavement and pounding out pushups. I am increasing to 500 6 days a week starting today. Sunday is usually one of 2 off days, so cutting that down to 1. I have also been cutting down the time between sets to 15 minutes from 20.
    I had a skin excision and MOHS this week so I’ve had to put my push-up challenge on hold. Bummed. Hopefully kayak season is about upon us though so I can get some upper body exercise to go with my long hikes.

I had a skin excision and MOHS this week so I’ve had to put my push-up challenge on hold. Bummed. Hopefully kayak season is about upon us though so I can get some upper body exercise to go with my long hikes.
    Good luck with the procedure! I think I would like kayaking. I figured out long ago that I'm never going to be an endurance athlete. I tried to become a runner and there is nothing I have ever hated more. It is the boiled brussel sprouts of exercise. It made me absolutely miserable. I have never run more than 3 miles in my life. I straight-up can't do it. I have to find something with a ball involved or it has to be strength training.

Whitewater or flat water paddling? I haven't in years, but I loved going down rivers in western NC.

-jk

I haven't decided on breakfast yet. Bacon is in the mix.
    Breakfast tacos here. A staple, though we did biscuits last weekend.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Good luck with the procedure! I think I would like kayaking. I figured out long ago that I'm never going to be an endurance athlete. I tried to become a runner and there is nothing I have ever hated more. It is the boiled brussel sprouts of exercise. It made me absolutely miserable. I have never run more than 3 miles in my life. I straight-up can't do it. I have to find something with a ball involved or it has to be strength training.
    Since you are a relatively recent addition to our merry little band, perhaps I have not sufficiently bragged about running the Boston Marathon 5 times. Although, to be fair, I have one DNF, 2012 - the hottest Boston Marathon on record. I can only do 20 miles when the temp hovers around 98F.

That said, I am not particularly good at distance running. I don't let that stop me but I ain't fast. However, when it comes to exercise, I prefer running - you don't really need any equipment, just proper clothing, including the right pair of running shoes - which are, by far, the biggest expense. Running is cheap and easy.