Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dukes -33 v Central Arkansas, O/U at 153.5.

We need a 94 to 60 win!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Dukes -33 v Central Arkansas, O/U at 153.5.

We need a 94 to 60 win!
    I be them early so I got -32.5 and an O/U of 153... those half points are gonna save me, right?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

114 to 40 would work

I went 4-1 yesterday (thank Duke and the over)... but many of us also had big days. ACC treated us well on Tuesday.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I went 4-1 yesterday (thank Duke and the over)... but many of us also had big days. ACC treated us well on Tuesday.
    Not me. I went with Howard to cover against Notre Dame, figuring 28 points was a lot to give. And of course they lost by 29.

No ACC teams playing today? Nuts.

Crazy Good

Billv47 is at 18-5. 78.26%

That's crazy good. Small sample, yes, but any 23 game run at over 78% is darn good. Especially this early when we don't know jack about the teams yet and ACC is playing ... whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm a remarkably good 9-2 against the spread... and a remarkably bad 2-8 on O/U. I am seriously considering stopping betting the O/U. I actually bet on the over in a Virginia game last week... where was my head?!?!
    The O/U is where I lost most of my points last year. I'm only betting against the spread this season and so far it's working out for me.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Billv47 is at 18-5. 78.26%

That's crazy good. Small sample, yes, but any 23 game run at over 78% is darn good. Especially this early when we don't know jack about the teams yet and ACC is playing ... whoever.
    Yup, though it is not that far off from some of our top pickers. Like I said earlier, the ACC has been very good about covering thus far leading to a lot of folks to post gaudy "win" percentages. Fish80 is 25-9 (73/5%) through 34 games. That might be even more impressive than 78% through 23. Billv needs to go 8-3 over his next 11 to tie Fish80's win percentage.

-Jason "This week alone, 7 of us who have picked multiple games are hitting at a 70+% clip... we truly have a bunch of good degenerates around here!" Evans

Came back to earth a bit yesterday, returning to my norm, but Fish has got it going!
    Did not think Wake would cover and too much faith in state %*%)

Uhhhh Utah and Minnesota are NOT in the ACC. GreenWaveDukie has broken the rules of the contest by betting on Utah to cover a 4 point spread tonight.

GreenWave, if Utah does cover, you will be required to post here in this thread about your efforts to undo those ill-gotten gains. Failure to do so will result in your expulsion from the contest. I hope, for your sake, that Utah fails to cover.

James 5:16 - ‘Therefore, confess you’re sins to one another ...’

Somehow I managed to put 200 on Utah -4 tonight (against Minnesota). This is my 3rd year doing this (being in the contest in general - not necessarily failing to play by the rules). I know better.

I also know the drill. Hopefully they don’t cover and I move on. If I ‘win’ I’ll consult RichardJackson or others for ‘advice/guidance’ on how to properly repent of my ways.

Sorry to all. 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Somehow I managed to put 200 on Utah -4 tonight (against Minnesota).
    Minnesota is coached by Richard Pitino, the son of Rick Pitino who was the coach at Louisville when they joined the ACC so maybe you got confused and thought Minnesota was in the ACC.

Sorry man, that is the best I can come up with here

Duke -28.5 over Georgia State, O/U 150.5. We need a 90 to 61 victory.

Ugh...I mistakenly bet on Georgia State +28.5 when I meant to bet on Duke to cover. Lack of attention to detail bit me in the butt.

Oh well, now I will root for Duke to win by 28 points.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Ugh...I mistakenly bet on Georgia State +28.5 when I meant to bet on Duke to cover. Lack of attention to detail bit me in the butt.

Oh well, now I will root for Duke to win by 28 points.

Bob, you could have made an even dumber mistake. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    James 5:16 - ‘Therefore, confess you’re sins to one another ...’

Somehow I managed to put 200 on Utah -4 tonight (against Minnesota). This is my 3rd year doing this (being in the contest in general - not necessarily failing to play by the rules). I know better.

I also know the drill. Hopefully they don’t cover and I move on. If I ‘win’ I’ll consult RichardJackson or others for ‘advice/guidance’ on how to properly repent of my ways.

Sorry to all. ��
    If this happens to you or anybody else, just let me know if you need me to pick a loser for you. It's a gift!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    If this happens to you or anybody else, just let me know if you need me to pick a loser for you. It's a gift!
    I can manage quite well on my own thank you very much. Well, THAT was a veritable bloodletting. I went 2 for 7 and honestly felt like it could have been worse. And maybe this is a first: to the extent that I can tell* no one finished in positive territory on the evening. At least I didn't fall for picking Duke at -28. This team just doesn't have that kindof firepower.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 11-15-2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: * It's not a memory issue, it's just that as I've aged I've become militantly apathetic.

Tough day yesterday ... went 0-5, down 2750 fictional monetary units. ouch.

should have known better than to bet on Manning coached team