• Maleficent 2 (Oct 18)

21 40.38%
  • Zombieland 2 (Oct 18)

5 9.62%
  • Terminator: Dark Fate (Nov 1)

8 15.38%
  • Frozen 2 (Nov 22)

51 98.08%
  • Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Nov 22)

4 7.69%
  • Knives Out (Nov 27)

2 3.85%
  • Jumanji: Next Level (Dec 13)

48 92.31%
  • Star Wars 9 (Dec 20)

52 100.00%
  • Cats (Dec 20)

4 7.69%
  • Bad Boys III (Jan 17)

3 5.77%
  • Dr. Dolittle (Jan 17)

5 9.62%
  • Birds of Prey (Feb 7)

9 17.31%
  • Field

9 17.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Blech...I wish I would have taken the field.
    You should be able to change your vote before the deadline.

I am also strongly considering it based on that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    You should be able to change your vote before the deadline.

I am also strongly considering it based on that trailer.
    Can we??? PLEASE!

I hate to be mean, but I feel like it will be really tough to track the picks if folks make changes. Not impossible, but not as easy as it is if the pick recorded by the poll is considered sacrosanct.

It is not like there is any prize other than pride and bragging rights.

-Jason "I'm glad so many of you agree that it was a truly awful, uninspiring trailer" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Can we??? PLEASE!
    People have done it in the past (by posting their change in the thread itself). I can't see why anyone would care, so long as you get it in before the deadline.

EDIT: I guess Jason cares.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I hate to be mean, but I feel like it will be really tough to track the picks if folks make changes. Not impossible, but not as easy as it is if the pick recorded by the poll is considered sacrosanct.

It is not like there is any prize other than pride and bragging rights.

-Jason "I'm glad so many of you agree that it was a truly awful, uninspiring trailer" Evans
    As someone who opted for Knives Out over Birds of Prey as my 5th pick after the 4 most popular ones, I support NO CHANGES

As one of those who wishes they could take back their pick I'm fine with not being able to change it. We knew the rules and should have waited until the end to vote if we were that worried about it.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    People have done it in the past (by posting their change in the thread itself). I can't see why anyone would care, so long as you get it in before the deadline.

EDIT: I guess Jason cares.
    I'm not sure I care all that much, but if a bunch of folks change their votes, it will be a pain. As DukieCB points out, you were under no obligation to vote early. The deadline is pretty clear as 10-02-2019 (tomorrow!!) at 02:31 PM. No one made you vote early.

-Jason "the only person forced to vote early is me... cause I am seeing one of the contenders tonight" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I haven't exhaustively searched the internet, but The Ringer and most people on Reddit think the Birds of Prey trailer looks really good. I think it looks fantastically awful, so now I'm really curious to see how this one fares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I haven't exhaustively searched the internet, but The Ringer and most people on Reddit think the Birds of Prey trailer looks really good. I think it looks fantastically awful, so now I'm really curious to see how this one fares.
    I don't think Reddit is a representative sample of America. Or at least I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I don't think Reddit is a representative sample of America. Or at least I hope not.
    I think Reddit is incredibly representative of Americans under 30. Take what you will from that.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Mostly an all woman cast, directed by a woman, produced by women.
    That movie is gonna make a lot of bank.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I will have my 100 Word Review a little later, but for now ya'll can listen in to my podcast on Joker. It was a slow burn but once it got going I was utterly enthralled by this descent into madness that features a truly remarkable performace by Joaquin Phoenix. My podcast partner, Josh, didn't love it quite as much as I did but we both agree it is worth your moviegoing dollar.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-evans-1...ht-about-joker

Field voters... How does a new Guy Ritchie action/gangster film starring Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding, Michelle Dockery, Colin Farrell, and Hugh Grant sound?

It may be too British to be a big boxoffice hit. I'm getting some Lock Stock/Snatch vibes which means it could be a really fun film... but not really connect with US audiences.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-02-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Field voters... How does a new Guy Ritchie action/gangster film starring Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding, Michelle Dockery, Colin Farrell, and Hugh Grant sound?

It may be too British to be a big boxoffice hit. I'm getting some Lock Stock/Snatch vibes which means it could be a really fun film... but not really connect with US audiences.
    My most likely pick for a Field winner would be Ford v Ferrari.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    While this is from only one small chain that owns a measly 40 theaters, the story just got posted nationally, which means it will be read by parents in areas that these folks don't even own properties.

“Parental warning (this is not a joke),” begins the message. “Joker is Rated R and for good reason. There’s lots of very, very rough language, brutal violence, and overall bad vibes.”

Continues the warning: “It’s a gritty, dark, and realistic Taxi Driver-esque depiction of one man’s descent into madness. It’s not for kids, and they won’t like it, anyway.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...xbG?li=BBnbfcL

Of course the definition of "kids" is subjective and likely meaning the 10 and under crowd, but those are some weighty words.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    While this is from only one small chain that owns a measly 40 theaters, the story just got posted nationally, which means it will be read by parents in areas that these folks don't even own properties.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...xbG?li=BBnbfcL

Of course the definition of "kids" is subjective and likely meaning the 10 and under crowd, but those are some weighty words.
    The hand wringing over the violence in Joker is absurd. The film is no more violence or curse-filled than half the R-rated films in theaters these days and it contains barely PG-rated sex stuff. I don't get all the concern over this film. I think there are maybe four or five violent scenes. A couple of them are fairly graphic, but it is not like we see rivers of blood or brutally mutilated bodies. It isn't over the top at all. Having seen this film, there simply is nothing to be concerned about versus most other R-rated films.

-Jason "I would not hesitate to take a 14 or 15 year old kid to see it... younger than that I might pause but any kid in high school is more than fine for this flick" Evans

The hand wringing over the violence in Joker is absurd. The film is no more violence or curse-filled than half the R-rated films in theaters these days and it contains barely PG-rated sex stuff. I don't get all the concern over this film. I think there are maybe four or five violent scenes. A couple of them are fairly graphic, but it is not like we see rivers of blood or brutally mutilated bodies. It isn't over the top at all. Having seen this film, there simply is nothing to be concerned about versus most other R-rated films.

-Jason "I would not hesitate to take a 14 or 15 year old kid to see it... younger than that I might pause but any kid in high school is more than fine for this flick" Evans
    But it doesn't matter that you personally don't get it. The thing is, it's a story that has taken on a life of its own, and has for a few weeks now. It will affect the numbers for sure. (If it weren't for the fear mongering, I would have voted for it.)
    Personally, I'd love to see it in the theater, but my gf would never agree. I can tell you now she won't even watch it after its media release due to the stories she has read. (To be fair, she listens to true horror stories all day long due to her job and I'm understanding of her not wanting to view fictionalized versions.)

I've said a lot... but if you want to read a little bit more, here is my 100 word review of Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    But it doesn't matter that you personally don't get it. The thing is, it's a story that has taken on a life of its own, and has for a few weeks now. It will affect the numbers for sure. (If it weren't for the fear mongering, I would have voted for it.)
    Personally, I'd love to see it in the theater, but my gf would never agree. I can tell you now she won't even watch it after its media release due to the stories she has read. (To be fair, she listens to true horror stories all day long due to her job and I'm understanding of her not wanting to view fictionalized versions.)
    I agree that what you referred to as fear-mongering will keep a certain segment of the population (your gf, maybe families with tweens/young teens) away.

However, I think this very message will make 17-25 year old males (and probably females) MORE likely to see the movie. When I was that age there were lots of factors that made me want to do things. My parents or "the man" telling me not to do something was near the top of the list. I also think that demographic is more likely to have repeat viewings than adult females or families (this is an R rated movie so families with kids aren't going to be clamoring for multiple viewings anyway).
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

While it will have absolutely no impact on the $$$, Wrinkles The Clown now has a higher tomato meter rating than Joker. That's pretty funny.

(71% to 70%)
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/