Page 331 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2312813213293303313323333413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 67415
    Work avoidance...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    For now that is (winky). He has been on an absolute PW rampage for what seems like weeks now.
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

I would like to thank the Oakland Raiders for attempting a fake field goal on 4th & 10 allowing the kansas city chefs to score a touchdown. Our offense isn't getting anywhere, so it is nice to see our defense score.

And I would like to thank the Falcons for getting stuffed on four straight carries inside the 2-yard line just before halftime. Play calling was particularly lame on that series. Birds still lead 15-7 at the break though, thanks to a pretty stellar safety by the incomparable John Abraham.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Yes, another one!
    Phew. And I thought I was on an island here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Sinking to new depths?

My sink is a two basin stainless steel model.
    Must make it pretty hard to chew!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Recalibrating. We've got 20 days to make it to our goal of 7500. Shoot, I just looked but I forget already what post this is.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ok this is 6367. 7500-6367=1133. So, that means we need 56-57 posts per day to reach our goal. We've fallen off the pace a bit. I'll blame it on Thanksgiving and too much turkey. Plus, I've slacked off myself.

Not to worry. I've got lots of computer time ahead of me in this week's finals push, followed by lots of computer/couch/egg nog time in the two-week march to Christmas.

I'm at a seminar for the next two days - but will try to do my part in the evenings.

Does this post help in the count?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Does this post help in the count?
    I would say so.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I would say so.
    Good. I'll try again with this one.

I almost started a new thread, but decided to post here instead.

I'm annoyed. REALLY, really annoyed. I made Grandmom's meatballs the other day. Tonight for dinner, I decided to heat some up. I put them on the plate, cut them up so they'd heat faster & more evenly, and loosely covered the plate with plastic wrap. Into the microwave...

The microwave signaled it was done. I opened it.

Sauce everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Plastic wrap melted onto the plate and practically disintegrated around the meatballs. I was able to get the plastic wrap off the plate & meatballs, and they tasted fine, but I'm so avoiding the microwave now. Cleaning it will be a b*tch. I'm so freaking mad.

I didn't put them in for any longer than normal. WTF????

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I almost started a new thread, but decided to post here instead.

I'm annoyed. REALLY, really annoyed. I made Grandmom's meatballs the other day. Tonight for dinner, I decided to heat some up. I put them on the plate, cut them up so they'd heat faster & more evenly, and loosely covered the plate with plastic wrap. Into the microwave...

The microwave signaled it was done. I opened it.

Sauce everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Plastic wrap melted onto the plate and practically disintegrated around the meatballs. I was able to get the plastic wrap off the plate & meatballs, and they tasted fine, but I'm so avoiding the microwave now. Cleaning it will be a b*tch. I'm so freaking mad.

I didn't put them in for any longer than normal. WTF????
    I've been on a big oatmeal kick in the mornings lately, and a couple of times, even under what seem to be normal circumstances, my oatmeal barfs up over the sides of the bowl and oozes out into the microwave. I make it the same way every day, but still this happens about every 10th-12th time. I have no explanation either.

I've been on a big oatmeal kick in the mornings lately, and a couple of times, even under what seem to be normal circumstances, my oatmeal barfs up over the sides of the bowl and oozes out into the microwave. I make it the same way every day, but still this happens about every 10th-12th time. I have no explanation either.
    No ooze here. More like explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    No ooze here. More like explosion.
    One time, my mother dyslexified the instructions on a Moon Pie wrapper and stuck it in the microwave for 1:00 instead of 10 seconds. Talk about an explosion, and an unpleasant, sticky mess in the microwave. But I did happen to look over just in time to see the thing puffed way up, followed immediately by the rupture and questions of what the hell Mom was thinking. It was pretty impressive, really.

One time, my mother dyslexified the instructions on a Moon Pie wrapper and stuck it in the microwave for 1:00 instead of 10 seconds. Talk about an explosion, and an unpleasant, sticky mess in the microwave. But I did happen to look over just in time to see the thing puffed way up, followed immediately by the rupture and questions of what the hell Mom was thinking. It was pretty impressive, really.
    That is the very reason my kids beg for Peeps at Easter. They don't care a bit about eating them. They just want to watch them blow up in the microwave.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    That is the very reason my kids beg for Peeps at Easter. They don't care a bit about eating them. They just want to watch them blow up in the microwave.
    Okay... I've never put a Peep in the microwave, but now I've just got to try it!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I am back, about 85% moved into the new place. I understand that I have a lot of catching up to do. Game on.