Page 386 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2863363763843853863873883964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It was hectic. I kept losing my place jumping between pages.
    I hate that - I wish the board would return you to the post you were reading when you replied. I have an old laptap and the refresh rate is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    BTW, DiK, I finally remembered to check out our handbells. THey have that funky German (I think) name; I can't remember what it is. We played Dobrinksi's arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and an arrangement of "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" that had "Coventry Carol" as an interlude. Both were pretty nice, even though the Dobrinski piece was complete with her usual random time and key signature changes.
    So you have Schlemerich (sp?) also. We had the discussion at the last practice that someone wanted the handles to be color coded so that the accidentals were black and the naturals were white like a keyboard. Although that would be nice, we aren't going to come up with the funds to replace our bells with Malmark bells to get that feature.

I have to admit that the end of the Texas - Michigan State game has been exciting.

Jim Spanarkel Sighting

Lavabe - Put the Purdue game on for ILJ - Jim is one of the announcers. It is on CBS here.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So you have Schlemerich (sp?) also. We had the discussion at the last practice that someone wanted the handles to be color coded so that the accidentals were black and the naturals were white like a keyboard. Although that would be nice, we aren't going to come up with the funds to replace our bells with Malmark bells to get that feature.
    I have never noticed, but my current director says that the Malmarks have superior sound quality. Different overtones. Maybe I'd notice if I heard them one after the other.

Turk - if you're tired of the dead Korean shtick, I also have a horse and a soldier haniwa. In 4th to 6th century Japan, these statues started appearing on graves in Japan. One version of the origin is that the servants/soldiers/animals of a ruler would be buried alive in the deceased's tomb. Someone in power couldn't stand the sound of the people buried alive and instituted the policy of burying terra cotta replicas instead. FYI - mine are not original - they are small replicas.

Only 32 to reach 7,500 - can we do that in just over an hour?

31 after this post.

I have never noticed, but my current director says that the Malmarks have superior sound quality. Different overtones. Maybe I'd notice if I heard them one after the other.
    I've never heard them side by side to judge. Frankly, my ear probably isn't good enough to notice the difference. I'm just used to ours. I would like to find a place to learn how to work on the bells. I think we have a few that could benefit from some adjustments but I don't know enough to do them. I can change the clapper from S to M to H and have replaced the collars on two that cracked. No one else wanted to do it so I did.l

I have taken to keeping the tools at hand when we play. One service, a bell fell apart just as we finished a piece and before the next piece with no tools at hand. Fortunately, someone had a paperclip and we quickly tightened the screw on the clapper.

Lavabe - Put the Purdue game on for ILJ - Jim is one of the announcers. It is on CBS here.
    Gminski is part of the team also.

I've never heard them side by side to judge. Frankly, my ear probably isn't good enough to notice the difference. I'm just used to ours. I would like to find a place to learn how to work on the bells. I think we have a few that could benefit from some adjustments but I don't know enough to do them. I can change the clapper from S to M to H and have replaced the collars on two that cracked. No one else wanted to do it so I did.l

I have taken to keeping the tools at hand when we play. One service, a bell fell apart just as we finished a piece and before the next piece with no tools at hand. Fortunately, someone had a paperclip and we quickly tightened the screw on the clapper.
    One of our ringers thinks he knows how to fix bells. He tightened all of them before our last performance. There were several times I tried to ring and no sound came out. It's really amazing how quickly we become accustomed to our bells and how hard we have to ring them to get just the right volume.

Gminski is part of the team also.
    Ooohh. The G-Man is my all-time favorite.

I have a batch of spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker and it is smelling like Italian heaven. Mmmmm. This is the first time I've cooked in forever. My guy does all the cooking and it was killing him not to be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I have a batch of spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker and it is smelling like Italian heaven. Mmmmm. This is the first time I've cooked in forever. My guy does all the cooking and it was killing him not to be in charge.
    That sounds really good! Can I have some spaghetti?

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    So your house smells like Anthony, Iowa? Tones Spice donated garlic salt for them to use on the roads.

One of our ringers thinks he knows how to fix bells. He tightened all of them before our last performance. There were several times I tried to ring and no sound came out. It's really amazing how quickly we become accustomed to our bells and how hard we have to ring them to get just the right volume.
    That's why I would like to learn how to work on them before I start messing with the springs and the tension bolts (which I'm sure has a much more technical term.) I think our D6 needs work, or I do, because it seemed to want to double ring on me last week.

That sounds really good! Can I have some spaghetti?
    Yes you may. Come on over!

So your house smells like Anthony, Iowa? Tones Spice donated garlic salt for them to use on the roads.
    It does! I used lots of garlic. I think it's hilarious that they used garlic salt on the streets. Very resourceful.

Looks like getting to 7500 posts today is a given
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Is there a time deadline for reaching 7500?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Looks like getting to 7500 posts today is a given
    Yee ha! Thanks for helping from the snowy north.

GO DUKE!!

GTHC!!