Page 624 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 12452457461462262362462562663467472411241624 ... LastLast
Results 12,461 to 12,480 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    But traveling to far, distant lands can be fun and very educational.
    And, if anyone should know about traveling to far, distant lands, it's DiK! Note the ruby slippers. They brought her back from Oz!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    And, if anyone should know about traveling to far, distant lands, it's DiK! Note the ruby slippers. They brought her back from Oz!
    She wasn't with me! I didn't do it!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    She wasn't with me! I didn't do it!
    I was getting ready to ask ArkieDukie what she knew that I should know! Maybe this fall I'll get to visit Ozzie.

I was getting ready to ask ArkieDukie what she knew that I should know! Maybe this fall I'll get to visit Ozzie.
    I thought you promised him a ticket to the Duke-KU game this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I thought you promised him a ticket to the Duke-KU game this fall.
    I have one for him if he wants to come to Kansas. He kindly ordered tickets for me and 1 of them has not been claimed yet. If you claim it first, there are a couple of breweries we can visit. (Don't tell Mrs DD though!)

I haven't posted much anywhere lately...darn fantasy baseball.

Dang! I made what I thought was an obvious reference to the Wizard of Oz and no one got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I have no recollection of that infarction.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."

Dang! I made what I thought was an obvious reference to the Wizard of Oz and no one got it!
    I knew what you meant - but tying it to Ozzie was much more fun!

I knew what you meant - but tying it to Ozzie was much more fun!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..."
    Perhaps angina is more appropriate?

Infarction is topologically equivalent to infraction.

They are who we thought they were?

We got a cell phone for the eldest of the young Turks. I am very nervous...

Verizon wants to charge $2 a month for something called "detailed billing". What's up with that? So if I choose to be a cheapskate they're going to send me a 3 x 5 index card with "Pay this: $175.64" on it? But wait, there's more! Then you have to choose from about 500 different phones - where is Henry Ford when you need him? Yeesh...

We got a cell phone for the eldest of the young Turks. I am very nervous...

Verizon wants to charge $2 a month for something called "detailed billing". What's up with that? So if I choose to be a cheapskate they're going to send me a 3 x 5 index card with "Pay this: $175.64" on it? But wait, there's more! Then you have to choose from about 500 different phones - where is Henry Ford when you need him? Yeesh...
    As I'm sure you know, detailed billing lists every call and text message, in and out from each number. You've seen TV news stories where parents get their cell bill in 12" x 12" x 12" boxes instead of an envelope and the bill is $2,600.00 because of the 14,000 text messages?

I certainly suggest you get the plan with unlimited text messaging. Personally, I don't understand the allure of texting instead of calling, but obviously the kids, and many adults, do! Until I became friends with many on this board I never texted. Now I do text occasionally, at 15 cents each (when you're sitting in Cameron during a game and can't hear a phone call, texting is the only way to go!)

I don't know how old your eldest is, but I certainly recommend you have a sit down with him/her and set some ground rules, and then review the results with him/her each of the first few bills. I think the $2/month for at least a couple of months would be worth the object lesson for your son/daughter. After that, assuming he/she complies with your rules and knows you're monitoring usage, you could probably drop it.

I got my daughter her own cell phone the day she got a drivers license 11 years ago. My peace of mind was well worth it, and still is! (Of course, she's no longer on my bill and hasn't since she graduated from college and got her first job five years ago. )

9F 9F 9F

Driver's licenses?!?! AAAGH!!! I can only take so much at one time!!! Let me wrap my head around the cell phone before we even think about going there... It was only yesterday the little gobblers were newly hatched, all covered in fuzz, and wobbling around their nest making tiny peeping noises...

Seriously, thanks for the good advice, Oz... I think we did OK on the consumer education due diligence... Just felt like a little Monday morning mini-rant... Besides, if you can't make fun of the phone company, who can you make fun of? (other than people who end sentences with prepositions...)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    That's the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That's the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put!
    Yoda? Is that you?

9F 9F 9F

This thread currently has 12,237 posts and 137,384 views and it started on 12-20-2007.

The John Wall thread has 1,724 posts and 219,084 views and it started on 1-02-2008.

Almost 100,000 more views for one person...

Quote Originally Posted by dukediv2013 View Post
    This thread currently has 12,237 posts and 137,384 views and it started on 12-20-2007.

The John Wall thread has 1,724 posts and 219,084 views and it started on 1-02-2008.

Almost 100,000 more views for one person...
    That is amazing.

And with 2 more posts, you should have a new status...

Against my better judgement, I went and read the last few pages of the John Wall thread to see what all the fuss is about. Yuck. Blecch. Patooey.

Somehow the worst of sportsbabble radio got teleported over to EK - too much repetitive redundancy to find the good posts (and don't get me wrong, I did find a few). I can't even imagine what the Kentucky boards are like...

I prefer the general weirdness in OTB - we got beer, pastrami, movies, and don't forget the dead Koreans in DiK's backyard...
    Last edited by Turk; 04-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.

I prefer the general weirdness in OTB - we got beer, pastrami, and dead Koreans in DiK's backyard...
    What? Dead Koreans in DiK's backyard? What did I miss? What thread didn't I read?

9F 9F 9F