Page 2156 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 115616562056210621462154215521562157215821662206225626563156 ... LastLast
Results 43,101 to 43,120 of 67649
    Huge unforced error this morning when I checked on my son and woke him up 90 minutes earlier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Huge unforced error this morning when I checked on my son and woke him up 90 minutes earlier than normal.
    Your wife will get everything in the settlement. And she will deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Your wife will get everything in the settlement. And she will deserve it.
    I’ll probably have to move in with company-wife. She won’t like that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If you search for a nearby drug store in small-town Colorado, the first result is not Walgreen’s.
    CVS?

Haha, I get it. Sometimes the synapses close less quickly than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Ahh - a very insightful question! No, that's what derailed my senior year.

However, as intramural exploits go, I am somewhat embarrassingly proud of this accomplishment:

Attachment 13375

...as prominently displayed in my office to this very day. And perhaps the pinnacle of my life's athletic achievements.
    Do you have a Volkswagen bus in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do you have a Volkswagen bus in real life?
    My hopeful answer is... I did once and will again someday? In 1992, we received overseas orders and sold our '73 pea-green VW transporter to a fellow Dukie (for $1) who took it to Colorado to experience Hors Catégorie climbs through the joys of reduction gears.

A colleague presented that little model to me as a departure gift back in '98. It continues to rate shelf space in my office - which speaks to the sentimentality with which I recall our professional/personal relationship. As a somewhat cool coda to the last 24 hours - your question caused me to fondly reflect on my life's experiences and I tracked the gent down and just reconnected on LinkedIn. His reaction to seeing his handiwork, still on display after 23 years, was a gift to us both.

So thank you YBT! Wittingly or unwittingly, you've done your good deed for the day. Semper grateful.

Plaque.jpg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have been invited to a "Women of Aycock" reunion in Blowing Rock next April. I intend to go if I possibly can. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have been invited to a "Women of Aycock" reunion in Blowing Rock next April. I intend to go if I possibly can. You have been warned.
    Such a great town. And the temperature should be somewhere between 11 degrees and 72. So that makes packing easy.

You're almost in Asheville by then!

I also can reiterate that the weather may be all over the charts. The elevation there makes it impossible to guess.

One of my brothers went to ASU back in the early 80s. It was in a (then) dry county; Blowing Rock wasn't. The legal drinking age was 18. There was only a twisty mountain road connecting them. Not a good mix!

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    And the temperature should be somewhere between 11 degrees and 72. So that makes packing easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You're almost in Asheville by then!

I also can reiterate that the weather may be all over the charts. The elevation there makes it impossible to guess.
    Geez, guys, where do you think I live? The high was 60 degrees on Tuesday. It's 90 today. I remember that one day, although it's been a few years, where it was 25 degrees during my morning commute and in the high 70s by the time I went home. Everywhere I have ever lived, people make the joke, 'If you don't like the weather, wait a minute", in New England, it's a true statement.

Geez, guys, where do you think I live? The high was 60 degrees on Tuesday. It's 90 today. I remember that one day, although it's been a few years, where it was 25 degrees during my morning commute and in the high 70s by the time I went home. Everywhere I have ever lived, people make the joke, 'If you don't like the weather, wait a minute", in New England, it's a true statement.
    Colorado has been like that too. What do you wear when it’s 90 and sunny? Also what do you wear when it’s 50 and rainy? Pack all of that, every day.

Wilson and BD-good points.

My first trip to San Francisco, in July, I couldn't understand why everyone wore tank tops with fleece jackets tied around their waists. then the wind shifted and starting coming off the Pacific. I got it.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My first trip to San Francisco, in July, I couldn't understand why everyone wore tank tops with fleece jackets tied around their waists. then the wind shifted and starting coming off the Pacific. I got it.
    It was 108 degrees in Seattle when we were there a couple of weeks ago and we chartered a private sailboat from Bainbridge Island and it was 58° out in the sound. It was literally perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"...Mark Twain
    He’s got some good quotes.

Burritos. One of the many earthly delights.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Burritos. One of the many earthly delights.
    I eat a ton of burrito bowls. They make me happy. I am grilling steak and chicken kabobs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I eat a ton of burrito bowls. They make me happy. I am grilling steak and chicken kabobs tonight.
    To each his own but I think people that eat the inside of burritos in a bowl should be deported to Finland.