Page 1650 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 65011501550160016401648164916501651165216601700175021502650 ... LastLast
Results 32,981 to 33,000 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “no pun is really mature until it is fully groan.”

(not original)
    Strong work either way.

Invasion of the weasel

where else to put this? There is a local woman whom I help out, she has MS and her husband died last year. I primarily shovel snow, do winter stuff for her, have not seen her in a few months.

Yesterday I emailed our Christmas wishes, and she replied with quite a tale/tail: in addition to her cat and car dying, she had entered her home ten days ago and evidently did not shut the door properly. A weasel shot into the house, ran around her kitchen, and disappeared. So she set out about ten traps, but couldn't catch it. She locked herself in her bedroom at night, every morning woke the find the weasel sitting in the sink, or kitchen, or living room, grabbing hot dogs out of her traps...finally on day nine she came downstairs and it was dead in the kitchen, the siege was over... I tried to post the photo she sent me but screwed it up...

We live in a tough neighborhood...

p.s. it was sixteen inches from nose to tail...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    where else to put this? There is a local woman whom I help out, she has MS and her husband died last year. I primarily shovel snow, do winter stuff for her, have not seen her in a few months.

Yesterday I emailed our Christmas wishes, and she replied with quite a tale/tail: in addition to her cat and car dying, she had entered her home ten days ago and evidently did not shut the door properly. A weasel shot into the house, ran around her kitchen, and disappeared. So she set out about ten traps, but couldn't catch it. She locked herself in her bedroom at night, every morning woke the find the weasel sitting in the sink, or kitchen, or living room, grabbing hot dogs out of her traps...finally on day nine she came downstairs and it was dead in the kitchen, the siege was over... I tried to post the photo she sent me but screwed it up...

Great story! Was she able to ferret out what killed it? That would be disturbing. If weasels were much bigger, they’d probably hunt people.

Probably all the hotdogs that finally killed it!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Great story! Was she able to ferret out what killed it? That would be disturbing. If weasels were much bigger, they’d probably hunt people.
    Reported

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Reported
    Oh, ya sneaky stoat!

No weasels here...

No, though I wonder if maybe it was dehydration, do not know if it was able to access any water, maybe toilet water, but that's a literal stretch, and maybe she shut the bathroom doors?

I wish she had called me, though I can't think of doing anything other than what she did, she had traps everywhere and he took the bait but didn't get nabbed...death by hot dog might be a reasonable guess, too...

...death by hot dog might be a reasonable guess, too...
    Nathan's Famous hosts a contest for that every year. Surprisingly, I see the same competitors year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nathan's Famous hosts a contest for that every year. Surprisingly, I see the same competitors year after year.
    Yeah, the Japanese guy, Kobayashi(?) is an eating marvel.

On the processed meats front, Mrs Womble and I were just having lunch when the UPS guy waddled thru the snow and lobbed a big box at us, an unexpected gift from Katz's Deli, featuring a pound of pastrami, pound of tongue, jar of pickles, jar of mustard , two loaves of rye bread and a most wonderful chocolate babka which has already been violated. All thanks to Cousin Pete and his wife Sue, our official People Of The Day.

Those proto-humans at the beginning of 2001 are something else. Pretty sure a couple of them are breakdancing.

Those proto-humans at the beginning of 2001 are something else. Pretty sure a couple of them are breakdancing.
    Olympic quality?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Olympic quality?
    To the untrained eye...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Huh? You lost me. What are we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Huh? You lost me. What are we talking about again?
    1_pfWaSPILJn3erObSrbwbMA.jpg

Ahh, I was thinking of the year not the movie.

Ahh, I was thinking of the year not the movie.
    Don't tell me that couldn't be the scene at a Miami night life dance off? Talk about the Golden Triangle in action!

I will be running a virtual 5k wearing a Santa suit tomorrow. The world's largest Santa run, they billed it. By signing up, I got a Santa suit in the mail.

By signing up, I got a Santa suit in the mail.
    Something you wanted or a necessary impediment?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Something you wanted or a necessary impediment?
    Well, I did sign up for the race . . .