Page 1638 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 63811381538158816281636163716381639164016481688173821382638 ... LastLast
Results 32,741 to 32,760 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    At this point, I'm more connected to the football team than I am the basketball team.
    Everyone knows Duke is a women's basketball school.

Hold on there, chief, didn't one of the Rhodes Scholars winners mention a Duke figure skating team? Maybe it's time to switch horses...

John Tesh’ head is unnaturally big.

Seems I picked the right game to sleep through with a headcold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Everyone knows Duke is a women's basketball school.
    I think you mean women's golf. 7 titles to rule them all...

Seems I picked the right game to sleep through with a headcold.
    A cold would need to be especially big to take up residence in John Tesh’s head.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A cold would need to be especially big to take up residence in John Tesh’s head.
    That would be an occluded front.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I assumed this was a joke - one that I found funny, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I assumed this was a joke - one that I found funny, btw.
    There are two things I don't joke about: fried chicken and Mario Lopez. But, like you, I did not think those two things would ever cross, particularly with Mario's lifelong commitment to fitness.

Chatted with The Colonel himself on the Duke campus (main quad) many years ago, he was dressed to the nines as usual (silver cane, etc)...I think he was there to see an eye doctor...somewhat surreal sight, that was.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Chatted with The Colonel himself on the Duke campus (main quad) many years ago, he was dressed to the nines as usual (silver cane, etc)...I think he was there to see an eye doctor...somewhat surreal sight, that was.
    Color me impressed. I’d probably fan boy and embarrass myself, blurt out my top 11 herbs and spices.

Headcold maintains into today. COVID test tomorrow to allay concerns.

We live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Long before my time, my mom, grandmother, and older brother (3) saw him in Duke Hospital. My brother, on his own, went up to him and said, "I love 'tucky fried chicken!" The Colonel gave him a quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Long before my time, my mom, grandmother, and older brother (3) saw him in Duke Hospital. My brother, on his own, went up to him and said, "I love 'tucky fried chicken!" The Colonel gave him a quarter.
    Which quarter? Leg?

Perhaps the tide of bad news is turning? Break dancing to become Olympic Sport.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=a763d6d4204b

Perhaps the tide of bad news is turning? Break dancing to become Olympic Sport.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=a763d6d4204b
    Sweet. About 35 years too late!

Headcold maintains into today. COVID test tomorrow to allay concerns.

We live in interesting times.
    Head to warmer climes?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I enjoyed a quarter chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, FREE ICED TEA, at the Bojangles on Hillsborough during my undergrad years. It was a Sunday morning favorite.

Snowing nicely today, several inches on the ground, it looks like Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Head to warmer climes?
    My wife and I are taking the RV to the Keys to sit in the sun and the sand by ourselves for the entirety of my school holiday break (we'll be gone 16 days). It will be my first time being away from home on Christmas, which I initially planned with trepidation, but given the current trajectory of Covid, I regret it less and less.
    RV travel has been a godsend for me this year...contactless checkin, and I otherwise just don't go inside anywhere...restaurants, shops, whatever. Given our typical activities on RV trips (hiking, national parks, etc.), it lends itself well to distancing for us, and being self-contained for everything helps us stay safe. Really looking forward to going to the islands and telling this year to [wanker] off.