Page 1280 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2807801180123012701278127912801281128212901330138017802280 ... LastLast
Results 25,581 to 25,600 of 67676
    It’s a Valentine’s Friday. If you haven’t already made dining arrangements, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My quiz bowl team won a big match this evening. 💪🏼
    I was a math-lete once upon a time.

Anyone ever been to Prague?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Going this summer, everything I have seen and heard makes it sound incredible!

I started a tread on it on the off-topic board that had done very helpful feedback from the DBAr community.

Yes, I have. Will try to recall what I remember from the trip and post here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Going this summer, everything I have seen and heard makes it sound incredible!

I started a tread on it on the off-topic board that had done very helpful feedback from the DBAr community.
    Oh yeah? The wife and I are considering going in mid May. I'll peep that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Yes, I have. Will try to recall what I remember from the trip and post here.
    Thanks!

We went to Budapest in 2018 and have been wanting to go back to central Europe every since.

Thanks!

We went to Budapest in 2018 and have been wanting to go back to central Europe every since.
    I will need to PM you about Budapest, and if you go to Prague I will hit you up on that too.

Or maybe I need to do a brewery swing in Asheville soon ...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nero fiddled while Rome burned...what is he likely to do with your coffee?
    Who knows? I certainly never will. I'm excited about the Caffe Nero (which is going in across the street from a Starbucks) because Caffe Nero sells good tea!!! (It better, it is a London based company. I first discovered it when I traveled to the UK in 2013.) I hate coffee. Starbucks only serves 2 things I like, hot chocolate and passionfruit iced tea. Their hot tea is substandard.

Thanks!

I preferred Budapest of the two, but they are pretty similar.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I wonder if the frequent buyers card I picked up the last time I visited London will be good at my local Caffe Nero. I'll have to find out.

I preferred Budapest of the two, but they are pretty similar.
    But did you prefer Buda or Pest?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    But did you prefer Buda or Pest?
    Pest was larger. Buda seemed a bit more touristy, IIRC. Very hilly. Our Airbnb was off the beaten path in the Pest side, and was in the middle of a giant beer garden with different craft beer and chocolate bars. Best trip I've ever taken.

Would love to hear Luburch's opinion.

Pest was larger. Buda seemed a bit more touristy, IIRC. Very hilly. Our Airbnb was off the beaten path in the Pest side, and was in the middle of a giant beer garden with different craft beer and chocolate bars. Best trip I've ever taken.

My current plans are to stay on the Buda side but it sounds like transportation around town is maybe not as easy as most European cities (am I wrong about that?). Prague, staying between the train station and the old town area. (Vienna, the Innere Stadt).

I certainly spent more time on the Pest side. It felt a little easier to get lost and absorb the culture there. Buda felt more open, but more crowded as well. So I'd lean Buda over Pest.

Regarding travel OPK, I didn't venture outside of the city much so I walked everywhere and didn't have any issues. I'm also comfortable walking 2-3 miles at a time and I know that doesn't work for everyone.

I certainly spent more time on the Pest side. It felt a little easier to get lost and absorb the culture there. Buda felt more open, but more crowded as well. So I'd lean Buda over Pest.

Regarding travel OPK, I didn't venture outside of the city much so I walked everywhere and didn't have any issues. I'm also comfortable walking 2-3 miles at a time and I know that doesn't work for everyone.
    Thanks. I walk about 8 miles a day every Saturday and then on Sunday so walking is no issue. Mainly thinking of getting to/from the train station; there is no Uber and I understand it the taxi drivers have a Vegas-like ability to take the long way around. Thankfully, Apple Maps allows you to pick a public transportation option on its directions which works really well.

Thanks. I walk about 8 miles a day every Saturday and then on Sunday so walking is no issue. Mainly thinking of getting to/from the train station; there is no Uber and I understand it the taxi drivers have a Vegas-like ability to take the long way around. Thankfully, Apple Maps allows you to pick a public transportation option on its directions which works really well.
    You're probably downloading the American version of the app. You need to download the version that sounds like this:

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Liver - it’s what’s for dinner?
    That would be a big NO!

Gotcha. I can't specifically remember how we got into town form the airport. Might have been a bus. Definitely wasn't an uber or a taxi.

OPK, public transportation in Budapest is pretty good. We only needed a taxi from the airport. On the way back to the airport we had already mastered the bus/tram system. We used Google maps to figure out how to navigate the system.

The first few days we walked 8-10 miles per day (according to my wife's phone). Might not be a bad idea to walk a lot anyway. The beer is so cheap you will need to burn the extra calories!