Page 2043 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 104315431943199320332041204220432044204520532093214325433043 ... LastLast
Results 40,841 to 40,860 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. But that's lazy on his part. Getting pissed off is a choice. Act like an adult and question all you want. Skilled people who know the material and are prepared crave questions. It gives you a chance to really tap into the minutiae. This person emoted. He should grow up.
    The long-timers on his leadership team circled the wagon for me which is nice. Good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    indeed, you might be disappointed that he's a geologist who analyzes rock formations.
    I wonder how he would critique this:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/g...ses/index.html

Man, I had forgotten how wonderful My Neighbor Totoro (and really, Miyazaki’s entire œuvre) is. Just a pure delight.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. But that's lazy on his part. Getting pissed off is a choice. Act like an adult and question all you want. Skilled people who know the material and are prepared crave questions. It gives you a chance to really tap into the minutiae. This person emoted. He should grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The long-timers on his leadership team circled the wagon for me which is nice. Good sign.
    I audit for a living, and it is amusing how some people get so defensive when you point out their errors. I'm not a hard*** at all, I am simply showing them what needs to be corrected before the Bigwigs come and REALLY come down on them. Most are grateful/helpful when we give them feedback, but there are some real egos we have to deal with from time to time.

I, fortunately, have really good backup if I am given any grief. Have not really had to resort to it, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The New York Times ripped UNC a new one today but it's too PPB to discuss. I'll just alert everyone here should they care to seek it out. Oh wait, there's a thread. It has to deal with tenure.
    Morale is not good among the unc faculty...ongoing cuts to the humanities, hostility from the legislature. Not sure how well they can recruit in this environment, though I imagine that jobs are still hard to come by in the Ph.D world...

indeed, you might be disappointed that he's a geologist who analyzes rock formations.
    That is definitely in the mix. But I would love that too.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I audit for a living, and it is amusing how some people get so defensive when you point out their errors. I'm not a hard*** at all, I am simply showing them what needs to be corrected before the Bigwigs come and REALLY come down on them. Most are grateful/helpful when we give them feedback, but there are some real egos we have to deal with from time to time.

I, fortunately, have really good backup if I am given any grief. Have not really had to resort to it, yet.
    You learn a lot about people when you correct them. We’ll see how this guy reacts. I’ve got to break everything out so he can see how the big number was built.

Honestly, I empathize with these SVP+. They deal with A LOT and I’m sure they’re stressed. Zero interest in that level. I like to loaf.

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    I don't know if this thread will reach 700 posts or not. It's hard to say. Any predictions? I have my doubts. And frankly, it's getting late and I'm too plum tuckered out to care, so I think I'm gonna hit the hay. G'NITE!
    Just started re-reading this thread - yes, from the beginning. I'm waiting for almost a terabyte of data to copy, so I've got time on my hands.

This post didn't age well

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

Accountability at work is such a big deal. We had a rule at work that one of my all-time best friends violated one time when I was working in the NICU. Now this was my bestie and I still called her into my office to discuss the issue. She got so unbelievably defensive, so I responded: "Just so we're clear, are you going to get this mad every time you screw up?" She put on her angry eyes after that. Then I went and bought her a coffee. We were still friends after all.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just started re-reading this thread - yes, from the beginning. I'm waiting for almost a terabyte of data to copy, so I've got time on my hands.

This post didn't age well
    Oh, nice find!

You learn a lot about people when you correct them. We’ll see how this guy reacts. I’ve got to break everything out so he can see how the big number was built.

Honestly, I empathize with these SVP+. They deal with A LOT and I’m sure they’re stressed. Zero interest in that level. I like to loaf.
    I don't have a ton of sympathy or empathy. Hermione would say I have the emotional range of a teaspoon. I prefer to think of myself as having the emotional range of the great white shark as it bites into a baby seal.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I get defensive, but, when it's a work related problem, I keep it to myself. When it's the hubby, especially when I think the criticism, remark, request, what have you, is either unfair or unwarranted, I let my defensiveness have free rein.

Stupid nice out but that heat is coming.

90 here right now, just tested the new a/c we bought last Fall after it was too late to use...weather is nice, though, humidity is 24% so the dewpoint is only 49 degrees, which is swell...

90 here right now, just tested the new a/c we bought last Fall after it was too late to use...weather is nice, though, humidity is 24% so the dewpoint is only 49 degrees, which is swell...
    90? In VT? In May?

Schnikies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    90? In VT? In May?

Schnikies.
    now it's 94...beer and lamb burgers loom

now it's 94...beer and lamb burgers loom
    I swear y’all just had snow.

I swear y’all just had snow.
    yes we did, we are known for our changeable weather and crochety residents

yes we did, we are known for our changeable weather and crochety residents
    True but wasn’t there just another crater formed in New Hampshire from a gender reveal?

True but wasn’t there just another crater formed in New Hampshire from a gender reveal?
    The Vermonters probably got a good laugh out of that one.