Page 352 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2523023423503513523533543624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    the four
    is the

character
    way to

limit
    PWing.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    It's PW skill like this that propelled you so far ahead in total post count. Do you remember when you so kindly waited for me to hit 2,500 before you did? And now look at our respective numbers!

Hmm, socially acceptable PWing behavior. I think there's a study to be conducted here. If there are experimental drugs and money involved I'll volunteer for tests.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    My trip to the see the parents takes me to Vegas... when I can get away.
    I hope you have the bestest time in Vegas. I heard a repot on NPR about how bad things were in Vegas. Hope your parents are rocking out and withstanding and preparing my guest room, just in case.

Ahhh 20 away from 1k. What to do, what to do.
    Post more! Lots more!

What really sucks is that I have a bandwidth usage limit every month so I'm kinda crippled late in the evening. I live far enough out in the boonies that I don't get any cable service, which means I don't get conventual highspeed. We have a 1.5 Mbps connection through Wild Blue's satellite service which restricts us to 15 MB (donwload) every 30 day rolling period.
    First of all, I'm bummed not to have any choice in programming.
    Second of all, we only get 17 GB of download a month. That sucks when it's split among two users.

Anywhow I'm setting up my firewall to monitor bandwidht usage by IP Address, so the only way he'll knowin I"m jammin i s o ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Colour me jealous - my trip to visit the 'rents and sibling takes me to the frozen Wimpy (mid-)West.
    At least our weather is entertaining here. They are predicting a high of 61 on Sunday followed by a high of 16 on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    No way was that chastising. Haven't you seen shameless PWIng beofe? Just wait and see...
    Thanks for not correcting my spelling.

I applaud your decision to drink a 'healthier' drink when you have a cold. When it all comes down to it, health is the most important factor; one has to take care of them self. Hold that though I need another glass of wine. Maybe I should switch to mimosas?
    I always knew my license to practice medicine would come in handy! PA, heal thyself!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    At least our weather is entertaining here. They are predicting a high of 61 on Sunday followed by a high of 16 on Monday.
    I used to think this phenomenon of an incredibly fast change in temperature was an exaggeration. Until I experienced it a few years back. I don't remember the exact details of how quickly the temperature dropped, or what the temp dropped to. I just remember that it happened.

I hope you have the bestest time in Vegas. I heard a repot on NPR about how bad things were in Vegas. Hope your parents are rocking out and withstanding and preparing my guest room, just in case.
    I invited you for Super Bowl.

What really sucks is that I have a bandwidth usage limit every month so I'm kinda crippled late in the evening. I live far enough out in the boonies that I don't get any cable service, which means I don't get conventual highspeed. We have a 1.5 Mbps connection through Wild Blue's satellite service which restricts us to 15 MB (donwload) every 30 day rolling period.
    First of all, I'm bummed not to have any choice in programming.
    Second of all, we only get 17 GB of download a month. That sucks when it's split among two users.

Anywhow I'm setting up my firewall to monitor bandwidht usage by IP Address, so the only way he'll knowin I"m jammin i s o ask.
    Shouldn't have moved.

Eeeek! That's "Watch Sue Get Sick" weather.

Edit: I'm Gene Banks

Eeeek! That's "Watch Sue Get Sick" weather.
    At least it is Sunday/Monday and not Saturday/Sunday for any poor sucker that is using his chefs tickets for the home game on Sunday.

Congrats on Gene Banks status.

At least it is Sunday/Monday and not Saturday/Sunday for any poor sucker that is using his chefs tickets for the home game on Sunday.

Congrats on Gene Banks status.
    Thanks.

Severe* temperature swings like what was mentioned always mean that I'll get sick. I can't tolerate them.

* Severe = 30+ degree swings in 24-72 hours

Thanks.

Severe* temperature swings like what was mentioned always mean that I'll get sick. I can't tolerate them.

* Severe = 30+ degree swings in 24-72 hours
    That would be a problem here - they aren't unusual (happens several times a year).

Oooh - I'm Alaa. Did he ever finish his degree?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    One time, in Boston, in relatively recent memory it was in the 20s on the way to work in the morning and in the 70s on the way home.

I've heard the expression "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." In Boston, it's true.

I was having lunch with a few of the 20-somethings at work the other day. They were discussing what was their favorite album of the '90s. Yes, their middle school and high school years, but still that was the topic of conversation.

I got fairly analytical about my answer. I thought, what songs from the '90s do I never turn away from when they come on the car radio? Are there more than one from the same album? The answer is yes.

Bostondevil's favorite pop album of the '90s - What's the Story, Morning Glory?, Oasis.

It's also time for a cute kid story.

We had our annual cookie swap at work on Tuesday. Tuesday is one of my days off because the younger kids get out of school at 12:30pm so I brought them to the cookie swap. (I made chocolate peppermint snowball cookies.) My 4-year old declared that he had made cookies too, pretend cookies. He then preceeded to go around the party handing everyone a pretend cookie "with frosting". According to my coworkers they were delicious and low cal! We have several categories on the white board, most delicious cookie, best presentation, most creative, etc and people write in their votes. They added a category this year, best pretend cookie, Ronnie won. He was very excited.