Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Just realized Jalen Johnson's dad's name is Rod.

Rod. Johnson.

Ha.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Any recruit who watched the UNC/Duke game has got to have been impresses by the display of the Duke brotherhood when Moore's shot went in.
    I saw a tweet showing a positive response from Kuminga to one of the game winning moments . I'll take any positive sign I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Doesn’t every team display brotherhood when they hit a buzzer beater?
    Or two.

A new center prospect?

According to Jake Weingarten, Duke has reached out to Suffield, CT C Micawber "Mac" Etienne. Big Mac is a 6'10" 220 lb prospect noted for his high motor and shot blocking. Etienne, a top 75 recruiting in the junior class, is being heavily recruited by Dan Hurley at nearby UConn and many other high major schools. It is unclear how serious the interest is between Duke and Etienne. The young man bears more than a glancing resemblance to Joakim Noah if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    According to Jake Weingarten, Duke has reached out to Suffield, CT C Micawber "Mac" Etienne. Big Mac is a 6'10" 220 lb prospect noted for his high motor and shot blocking. Etienne, a top 75 recruiting in the junior class, is being heavily recruited by Dan Hurley at nearby UConn and many other high major schools. It is unclear how serious the interest is between Duke and Etienne. The young man bears more than a glancing resemblance to Joakim Noah if you ask me.

Or:

Bob Ross.jpg

It appears that there is going to be some 2021 recruiting updates or news coming.

Banchero and Chandler both high on Kentucky?

Is Duke all in for both Christie and Keels?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    It appears that there is going to be some 2021 recruiting updates or news coming.

I haven't seen much chatter or posts and there haven't been too many Crystal Ball selections towards Duke of late. Do you have a source on this?

I haven't seen much chatter or posts and there haven't been too many Crystal Ball selections towards Duke of late. Do you have a source on this?
    Based on his consistent, excellent work in this and other recruiting threads, I'm with DBA on this one.

Thanks, DBA, for all you do.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Based on his consistent, excellent work in this and other recruiting threads, I'm with DBA on this one.

Thanks, DBA, for all you do.

- Chillin
    Thanks, but I am not doubting. I am curious.

No sources. Just what I have been reading from guys like Evans, Daniels and others.

Just curious too about Kentucky and Banchero and Chandler. Those two have said they could be teaming up together in college and if they did, they would be quite the duo.

The other thing I was asking is if Keels and Christie are A and B or is the plan to add both.

No sources. Just what I have been reading from guys like Evans, Daniels and others.

Just curious too about Kentucky and Banchero and Chandler. Those two have said they could be teaming up together in college and if they did, they would be quite the duo.

The other thing I was asking is if Keels and Christie are A and B or is the plan to add both.
    Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Just based on nothing but my own hunch, I doubt much happens for the Class of 2021 over the next couple of months. The coaching staff are focused on the end of the season while the high schoolers are finishing up their own seasons. Then comes the Class of 2020 all star games (McDonald's, Jordan Brand, etc.). And the team usually focuses on finishing up any lingering recruiting battles for the upcoming season in April and May. So I don't think we'll see much about the Class of 2021 until the summer AAU circuit is well underway.

Now it is certainly possible a player like Patrick Baldwin, Jr. or Max Christie makes a surprise visit to campus when Duke hosts UNC. And there have been a few guys - Jalen Johnson, Jeremy Roach, and AJ Griffin come to mind - that have committed out of the blue. So it is always possible that something big affecting the Class of 2021 like a reclass happens. But other than that, I don't think we'll see too much news until May or June.

The 2020 class is all but done except for maybe the reclassification of Jonathan Kuminga from 2021 to 2020. There hasn't been any mention of any other names that have surfaced. With Coleman being the option as the 5 after Williams, it appears the staff is content. Unless someone of the returning guys elects to transfer which is interesting to take a look at too.
    Alex, is able to finish his degree over the summer thus he could become a grad transfer. Bot saying this will play out but there have been some whispers out there of this being a possibility.
    Joey has not quite developed as expected and he too could pack his bags for another college.
    JGold is the only returner I see for sure coking back.

Speculating about Joey and O'Connell is simply that - speculation. There were rumors that Alex was looking to go elsewhere last summer and here he is. I don't care to engage in speculation on recruiting threads or suggest that a player "isn't panning out as planned." Just look at Goldwire and his development. Perhaps we will thank our lucky stars that we have a few upperclassmen on the team this time next year. If there's one thing I know for sure, it is that recruiting is a state of constant change. A guy going pro or not or an unexpected transfer can change things in a hurry. We shall see.

Alex, is able to finish his degree over the summer thus he could become a grad transfer. Bot saying this will play out but there have been some whispers out there of this being a possibility.
    Joey has not quite developed as expected and he too could pack his bags for another college.
    JGold is the only returner I see for sure coking back.
    Alex is a legacy recruit. I don't see him leaving. Joey appears to be really invested in our program. I doubt he would leave too.
    The only potential transfer that I see is Matthew Hurt if he elects not to go to the draft.

According to Jake Weingarten, Duke has reached out to Suffield, CT C Micawber "Mac" Etienne. Big Mac is a 6'10" 220 lb prospect noted for his high motor and shot blocking.
    Sounds like he could become a McDonald’s All-American.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Alex is a legacy recruit. I don't see him leaving. Joey appears to be really invested in our program. I doubt he would leave too.
    The only potential transfer that I see is Matthew Hurt if he elects not to go to the draft.
    Why would Hurt transfer? He gets lot of playing time.

Please stop posting transfer speculations. It’s not fair to the players on the team and, more importantly, against the posting guidelines of the boards.

So Hurt would either go pro or sit out a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So Hurt would either go pro or sit out a year?
    I don't think transfers would need to sit out a year next season.

I don't think transfers would need to sit out a year next season.
    Yeah, it is increasingly looking like the wild wild west of free transfer is coming. It is fairly likely to be pass this April. It will completely change the landscape of college sports and could really upend team building.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...evenue-sports/
    Imagine a disgruntled five-star freshman dissatisfied with his dorm accommodations leaving after a season for a softer bed. Imagine two of the biggest dates on the college football calendar becoming the end of spring practice and end of fall camp. That's when a potential glut of quarterbacks (or wide receivers or running backs or defensive backs) would hit the market after losing position battles.

Basically, imagine the transfer portal times 10.
    -Jason "I truly fear that the multi-year player at a school is going to become a thing of the past" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?