Page 1371 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3718711271132113611369137013711372137313811421147118712371 ... LastLast
Results 27,401 to 27,420 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    After a few 70 hour work weeks we got all the formal approvals necessary for our project to being deployment earlier today Cracked a beer shortly after. It's they eye of the storm, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it while I can.
    Congrats!

format c:\ !!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    New wrinkle - Tommy had to let W&M know already but he just today got accepted to Vanderbilt. I told him if he really would prefer to go to Vanderbilt, it is not too late and we would do what's necessary to tell W&M no and Vanderbilt yes.

Big caveats, W&M will cost us about $20k less per year and I told him to factor that into his decision and W&M provides on campus housing to transfer students. Still, he's looking over the course offerings again. He says he's still favoring W&M but I told him he could take a few days. He doesn't have to turn Vanderbilt down right away.

Ymo - feel free to weigh in on the perks of going to Vandy!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, we have several new hires that only know our organization for a virtual standpoint.
    I’ve been just phoning it in for years, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ymo - feel free to weigh in on the perks of going to Vandy!
    Nashville is a great town but with 16 years between now and graduation my experiences are likely outdated.

With that said, the campus is nearly in the middle of downtown, so that helps set the atmosphere. While in the SEC, athletics didn’t play a big role but that may have been because I was in grad school. Weather is similar to Durham. I had a fun two years...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ve been just phoning it in for years, if that helps.
    It has been a few months for me...

Nashville is a great town but with 16 years between now and graduation my experiences are likely outdated.

With that said, the campus is nearly in the middle of downtown, so that helps set the atmosphere. While in the SEC, athletics didn’t play a big role but that may have been because I was in grad school. Weather is similar to Durham. I had a fun two years...
    W&M is very close to "downtown" Williamsburg. Right now though, with the whole pandemic thing, being in a downtown area isn't all that appealing, at least not to me. It's going to come down to what is more important to him, the archaeology opportunities (W&M has the upper hand) or the Mayan language courses (Vandy has the upper hand).

W&M is very close to "downtown" Williamsburg. Right now though, with the whole pandemic thing, being in a downtown area isn't all that appealing, at least not to me. It's going to come down to what is more important to him, the archaeology opportunities (W&M has the upper hand) or the Mayan language courses (Vandy has the upper hand).
    Archaeology sounds more intersting to me. My thought process was Top 25 b-school, they are going to subsidize my tuition, and I do't have to move? Bonus!

Archaeology sounds more intersting to me. My thought process was Top 25 b-school, they are going to subsidize my tuition, and I do't have to move? Bonus!
    I think he's going to stick with W&M, but it's nice to be wanted. I told him he can probably arrange to study a Mayan language as an independent study or, fingers crossed, do a study abroad program next summer. I'm really putting my thumb on the W&M scale, but getting into Vandy is a nice ego boost since he didn't get into the dream school (Cornell). Vandy has a lower acceptance rate than Cornell. I suspect the Massachusetts/Vermont thing helped at Vandy and might have been a drawback at Cornell.

I wasn't paying attention - that last post was number 27,000! (This is the 27,000th reply.)

I took archeology at Duke (100-level course), all I remember was plumb-lining some landscape behind the Allen Building and next to the parking lot (Flowers Drive had collapsed that year).

I took archeology at Duke (100-level course), all I remember was plumb-lining some landscape behind the Allen Building and next to the parking lot (Flowers Drive had collapsed that year).
    I spent too much time on Science Drive...

I took Introduction to Jazz (with Tommy Amaker). Getting an A was not particularly hard work in that class, but, I learned a heckuva lot.

Off to the dump with a truckload of junk. A beautiful morning for a jaunt.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Low 90s humidity here right now.

Oooo cardinal sin in my family...walking on the joke. I'm watching two siblings fussing at each other for stepping on a punchline. Haha, two goobers.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oooo cardinal sin in my family...walking on the joke. I'm watching two siblings fussing at each other for stepping on a punchline. Haha, two goobers.
    I saw a cardinal at my bird feeder yesterday.

I had a Zoom cocktail hour with some friends tonight and actually drank some wine! (I don't drink a lot of wine.)

I had a Zoom cocktail hour with some friends tonight and actually drank some wine! (I don't drink a lot of wine.)

I haven't had a drink since this whole stay at home thing started. Maybe that's the issue?

I wasn't paying attention - that last post was number 27,000! (This is the 27,000th reply.)

Slowly climbing...