Page 2459 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 14591959235924092449245724582459246024612469250925592959 ... LastLast
Results 49,161 to 49,180 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Well, there's actually boudin rouge ("red boudin"), which is made from congealed blood, sinew, and other byproducts, and is in my opinion what the French would call dégueulasse, and then there's boudin blanc ("white boudin"), which is traditionally prepared with ground meat, egg, some starch or meal, and usually a bit of milk or cream. This is much closer to the "boudin" on offer in Cajun contexts, and is in my opinion much more miam-miam, as it were, than boudin rouge.
    As I understand it, boudin rouge is the Louisiana version of the French boudin noir, both use blood sausage. Both sound gross to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    As I understand it, boudin rouge is the Louisiana version of the French boudin noir, both use blood sausage. Both sound gross to me.
    I mean, I'm not here to yuck anybody's yum, but yeah...it's gross.

As a teenager, I spent a semester living with a family on a French farm. They regularly enjoyed boudin rouge, as it's a very traditional countryside dish in France (they simply called it "boudin"). I tried it a couple of times and really just couldn't get into it. To their credit, my host family appreciated that I tried it, recognized that it's a very particular taste, and didn't try to force it on me once I determined that I don't care for it.
    There are precious few things that I won't try at least once, but after that I won't hesitate to be clear about things I don't want to eat.
    This. 100%. I ate spicy pigs ears in Atlanta recently. I like trying new foods and I have had some outstanding things. This wasn't one of them. The flavor was amazing honestly, but the consistency was so chewy that I felt like I could have blown a bubble with it. Having a voracious appetite, I did finish the plate.

Cow marrow in France is a delicacy, it’s like a butter that you spread on bread. Not bad, although odd to dig out of the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Cow marrow in France is a delicacy, it’s like a butter that you spread on bread. Not bad, although odd to dig out of the bone.
    Oh I passionately love bone marrow. And I don't eat the bread so I just eat spoonfuls of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh I passionately love bone marrow. And I don't eat the bread so I just eat spoonfuls of it.
    Same here. Although it’s pretty rich — hard to eat a lot in one sitting.

Same here. Although it’s pretty rich — hard to eat a lot in one sitting.
    I love when you say things that sound like a challenge.

I love when you say things that sound like a challenge.
    https://honestcooking.com/prepare-serve-bone-marrow/

Ymm, marrow.

https://honestcooking.com/prepare-serve-bone-marrow/

Ymm, marrow.
    Yum!

I mean, I'm not here to yuck anybody's yum, but yeah...it's gross.
    IMO, if it doesn't taste like a bloody nose, it isn't boudin! Having said that, it's not my favorite food in sausage form...

Okay I have a question for any law enforcement or lawyer types. I'm in Alabama and I'm passing a police car and he gets me for failure to signal. And there's literally no way that occurred. One, I recognized it was a police car and who in their right mind would make that mistake? Two, I literally always signal. I signal to go in my driveway in my neighborhood. I never ever make a lane change without signaling. But it feels like I have absolutely no leg to stand on here even though there is literally no way this occurred.

Okay I have a question for any law enforcement or lawyer types. I'm in Alabama and I'm passing a police car and he gets me for failure to signal. And there's literally no way that occurred. One, I recognized it was a police car and who in their right mind would make that mistake? Two, I literally always signal. I signal to go in my driveway in my neighborhood. I never ever make a lane change without signaling. But it feels like I have absolutely no leg to stand on here even though there is literally no way this occurred.
    Take it to a shop who documents a (somehow) blown fuse. Take that to the judge.

-jk

Did you calmly explain your position to the southern fuzz?

Is there dashboard video? File a Brady motion for exculpatory evidence; move to dismiss and for sanctions for failure to comply when they don’t produce it; and bring a court reporter to make an official record. Then if needed, cross-examine the officer on his lying, cheating, thieving ways until he cries on the witness stand.

(Just kidding, you’re screwed.)

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you calmly explain your position to the southern fuzz?
    I said to him that I always signal and he responded that I did not on this occasion. From that point on I approached him like he was Sheriff Little of Chickasaw County and I was going to end up with a busted out tail light if I didn't keep my mouth shut. I'm going to be honest here, he didn't seem like he would be all that fun at parties.

Is there dashboard video? File a Brady motion for exculpatory evidence; move to dismiss and for sanctions for failure to comply when they don’t produce it; and bring a court reporter to make an official record. Then if needed, cross-examine the officer on his lying, cheating, thieving ways until he cries on the witness stand.

(Just kidding, you’re screwed.)
    So what should I actually do?

You’re in a tough spot. If you contest it, you likely have to take a day off to go back there on the court date. Then there will be a trial where you testify, the local cop testifies, and the local judge likely believes the local cop. It sounds like a simple “he said/she said” with no third party witnesses, and you ain’t from around there.

You may be able to call the court and ask who the prosecutor/solicitor is, and then call them to see if you can make a deal. Of course, anything you say can and will be used against you. But you may be able to enter a nolo contendere (“no contest” — not an admission of guilt but not contesting the charge) and pay a reduced fine to resolve.

I hate to give the real answer — hire a local lawyer if you want to fight it — but that is the best (yet most expensive) answer. The key word there is local. But that likely costs more than the ticket.

Again, you’re in a tough spot.

You’re in a tough spot. If you contest it, you likely have to take a day off to go back there on the court date. Then there will be a trial where you testify, the local cop testifies, and the local judge likely believes the local cop. It sounds like a simple “he said/she said” with no third party witnesses, and you ain’t from around there.

You may be able to call the court and ask who the prosecutor/solicitor is, and then call them to see if you can make a deal. Of course, anything you say can and will be used against you. But you may be able to enter a nolo contendere (“no contest” — not an admission of guilt but not contesting the charge) and pay a reduced fine to resolve.

I hate to give the real answer — hire a local lawyer if you want to fight it — but that is the best (yet most expensive) answer. The key word there is local. But that likely costs more than the ticket.

Again, you’re in a tough spot.
    Boy, you really know how to make “bend over” longer and sound more complicated than need be.

I'm suspect you were in a rental car with out of state plates. Is my suspicion correct?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I filed the documents with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts today to make my theater company an LLC.