Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    That is indeed a 3-way (just chili, cheese and noodles; no onions or beans, crackers always come on the side). I'm a Cincinnati native and love my local chili. But it's definitely an acquired taste, and usually best acquired late at night as a teenager with a lot of beer in your stomach.
    Isn’t that when all fast food tastes the best? I mean, at what other time of day would a place like White Castle ever be considered a good idea? Or Jumbo Slice Pizza in Adams Morgan (DC).
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
    Isn’t that when all fast food tastes the best? I mean, at what other time of day would a place like White Castle ever be considered a good idea? Or Jumbo Slice Pizza in Adams Morgan (DC).
    I'd eat White Castle any time of day except I barely drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
    I'd eat White Castle any time of day except I barely drink.
    Opposite. I won’t touch White Castle no matter how much I’ve had to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    They sell White Castle in the supermarket, which really makes absolutely no sense. You've got all of the options available in a supermarket, and you consciously pick frozen White Castle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Ah, jumbo slice. It lives up to its name. So jumbo and definitely a slice!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    They sell White Castle in the supermarket, which really makes absolutely no sense. You've got all of the options available in a supermarket, and you consciously pick frozen White Castle?
    I had a co-worker who would buy those things and stick them in our office microwave!!!! Bleah!

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Ha, my own personal Bottom of the Barrel food choice from many decades ago: at the bar, the kitchen is closed, the only food available comes from the big glass jugs on the bar, the Pickled Polish Sausages and the Pickled Eggs.

Eat one of those, and the next day the National Weather Service will issue an air pollution alert for your area, this I know. I still see that these are around...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, my own personal Bottom of the Barrel food choice from many decades ago: at the bar, the kitchen is closed, the only food available comes from the big glass jugs on the bar, the Pickled Polish Sausages and the Pickled Eggs.

Eat one of those, and the next day the National Weather Service will issue an air pollution alert for your area, this I know. I still see that these are around...
    Those are roughly equivalent to the eternally rotating hot dog at 7-11. Or the 7-11 sushi made from fish that were previously doing the back stroke in a superfund site.

With grocery stores open 24 hours perhaps they are counting on people coming at 3am after a few beers?

Personally, I think some of you folks are interpreting the "go to" in the thread title slightly differently than I am...

Those are roughly equivalent to the eternally rotating hot dog at 7-11. Or the 7-11 sushi made from fish that were previously doing the back stroke in a superfund site.
    ah yes, 7-11 pizza is also a marvel.

This is my go-to thread for when I'm feeling bad about myself.

I don't eat any of this stuff. Even on the road, we'll try to find something like a Panera or a Mellow Mushroom.

Okay, Chick-fil-A makes a pretty darn good chicken sandwich. But I have other issues with them.

Truth be told, having your gall bladder surgically removed does limit one's options. Burgers and I don't play well together and don't get me started on fried chicken. But I just turned 71 and I'd like to see 72.

The above wisdom does not apply to 7-11s in Asia. That food is legitimately very good (the sushi included), it's incredibly cheap, and they're everywhere.

I see the food snobs have arrived.

I suppose you've got no interest sitting back on the porch and knocking back a few Busch Ices either.

Not fast food, but my brother bought frozen School Pizza at King's the other day. Said it was just like old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I see the food snobs have arrived.

I suppose you've got no interest sitting back on the porch and knocking back a few Busch Ices either.
    When I eat out for lunch, I usually have a turkey sandwich on toasted wheat-no cheese, hold the mayo-, chips, half-and-half iced tea and some sort of chocolate dessert. I'm about as far from being a food snob as one can be.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    When I eat out for lunch, I usually have a turkey sandwich on toasted wheat-no cheese, hold the mayo-, chips, half-and-half iced tea and some sort of chocolate dessert. I'm about as far from being a food snob as one can be.
    I was joking around, in case it wasn't clear from the Busch Ice comment and the winky face.

I was joking around, in case it wasn't clear from the Busch Ice comment and the winky face.
    Why would you joke about Busch Ice?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why would you joke about Busch Ice?
    Because real men drink Natty Daddy

Because real men drink Natty Daddy
    All threads lead back to Ymm, Beer, except those who frequent that thread would be horrified by the names being mentioned here.