I thought it was California Über Alles

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    Or possibly pastafarian?

Flying Spaghetti Monster, Über Alles
    Is a pastafarian the Anti-Clem?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Is a pastafarian the Anti-Clem?
    Carbohydrates Über Alles.

Instead of the Cookie Monster, I picture Clem as the Protein Monster.

An anti-turkey Protein Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I was thinking more along the lines of "Behold, the Lamb of Clem!"

Last night I ordered the 3 meat sampler at one of my favorite BBQ restaurants with sides of collards and green beans (I do eat a ton of green veggies). Burnt ends, fatty brisket (skinny brisket is pot roast) and hot guts sausage. I'm ok if someone chooses turkey as their tertiary meat. But it can't be one of the top 2 choices. Also I came home and ate a full bag of pork skins.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Last night I ordered the 3 meat sampler at one of my favorite BBQ restaurants with sides of collards and green beans (I do eat a ton of green veggies). Burnt ends, fatty brisket (skinny brisket is pot roast) and hot guts sausage. I'm ok if someone chooses turkey as their tertiary meat. But it can't be one of the top 2 choices. Also I came home and ate a full bag of pork skins.
    Burnt ends are God’s way of rewarding a life well-spent.

Burnt ends are God’s way of rewarding a life well-spent.
    Meat candy.

Meat candy.
    That was my nickname in high school, oddly enough.

That was my nickname in high school, oddly enough.
    yeah. Odd!!!! Lol!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I avoid post-game threads after a loss for the most part. And I gave up on live chats. I don’t need the negativity.

When I do read the threads, I tend to only read the posters I know. No offense to the infrequent posters, but it sure seems a lot of the most negative crap comes from someone with a pretty thin posting history. Hard to separate the honest lurkers from the trolls, so I just skip it all. I hope the honest lurkers post more often and build some rep!
    Yep, I stopped the live chat years ago. Just too many hot takes, terrible language and bashing players and coaches. Most of the time I don't post until the next day win or lose. Gives me time to think and not embarrass myself. Like you OPK, I pay more attention to the longtime posters and I agree the negative crap comes mostly from new posters. I got a few infractions when I first joined DBR so I can't say too much.

GoDuke!

I am the ultimate authority on meats.
    especially turkey I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    especially turkey I understand...
    Look. There are people who like turkey. That doesn't make them bad people. Or at least not all of them. I mean I could never fully trust someone for whom turkey is a top three meat in general but I can understand someone at least thinking it's okay. I could just never work for a company who thought that turkey was a top tier meat. Or vote a turkey advocate for president or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukerulz View Post
    I’m an infrequent poster and a lot of my posts are critical of something. I’m pretty sure I have been sporked in the past and I survived it. I’m thick skinned and negative posts affect me very little. I hope that this forum isn’t censored to death going forward. If so, I probably just won’t read it.
    Ummm, you don't seem to realize that sporkz are actually a good thing. You want sporkz!

Saying turkey is your favorite meat probably won't get you any from the looks of this thread.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ummm, you don't seem to realize that sporkz are actually a good thing. You want sporkz!

Saying turkey is your favorite meat probably won't get you any from the looks of this thread.
    Flamed and reported this post.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    The whole point is that here on DBR we try to respect the views of others. IMO that includes keeping politics off the main board. There's plenty of room for that in the off-topic board or elsewhere.
    Okay, thanks! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    I am growing weary of some of the posters here telling other posters how to feel about the frustrations many of us have over the current men's basketball season. It is a forum. It is not expected, or rather, it should not be expected that we all agree. It is almost chilling to see some people telling others that maybe they should seek different outlets for their frustrations. People don't need to be lectured or called names. Stop projecting. One of the problems is that the college game has been seriously overexposed. Expectations (of players and fans) are unrealistic and we continue to see issues caused by the American evolution of the game which focuses on flash over fundamentals. Many of us don't know each other personally and don't know what's going on in the personal lives of posters. I have cancer, for example. Please stop telling others how to feel. Stay safe and well. Let's Go Duke!
    peteandpete, a season is a lifetime. Stay the course. Go Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    peteandpete, a season is a lifetime. Stay the course. Go Duke.
    and a lifetime is a journey...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Yeah Spam is what Turkey aspires to be. However, I will give a shout out to the Honeysuckle at Lakewood in Derm. Had their Turkey Club the other evening and it was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Yeah Spam is what Turkey aspires to be. However, I will give a shout out to the Honeysuckle at Lakewood in Derm. Had their Turkey Club the other evening and it was outstanding.
    I can't ever remember seeing television commercials for Spam before. It always strick me as the sort of thing that has such brand loyalty that it scarcely has to advertise, although I know I used to see print ads.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I can't ever remember seeing television commercials for Spam before. It always strick me as the sort of thing that has such brand loyalty that it scarcely has to advertise, although I know I used to see print ads.
    Perhaps I shouldn't be so judgmental. It's surprising the things I've put in my mouth after the age of maturity. There was a product called Potted Meat, made by Armor that I lived on in college. The ingredient list included "meat by-product with binder".