Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Does anyone have Joel Dahmen? A Dahmen victory would make our contest interesting.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Does anyone have Joel Dahmen? A Dahmen victory would make our contest interesting.
    Of course not. He's #130 in the OWGR (1.2337 points)! The lowest actual 2-pointer (Alex Noren 2.0117) is #60.

Maybe if mkirsh didn't make every golfer count a minimum of 2 points. (please mkirsh, don't change the rules...some idiot <cough, cough, looks at toes> might take 30 1-point players)

I wish this guy the best because I love underdogs, but these guys tend to fade on Sundays if not earlier. It may not come until the 72nd hole (just look a month ago at the PGA Championship and Pereira) but it usually comes.

Edit: For those with short memories. Man, did I feel bad for the guy.

Last edited by dudog84; 06-18-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Of course not. He's #130 in the OWGR (1.2337 points)! The lowest actual 2-pointer (Alex Noren 2.0117) is #60.

Maybe if mkirsh didn't make every golfer count a minimum of 2 points. (please mkirsh, don't change the rules...some idiot <cough, cough, looks at toes> might take 30 1-point players)

I wish this guy the best because I love underdogs, but these guys tend to fade on Sundays if not earlier. It may not come until the 72nd hole (just look a month ago at the PGA Championship and Pereira) but it usually comes.

I have heard from several people Dahmen is a great guy. Testicular cancer survivor too. Pulling for him this weekend.

You don't understand how this works. If Davis Riley wins you are virtually guaranteed a top-3 spot, and actually you have the best shot at winning.

BTW, good Freudian slip.
    That's right - money moves around A LOT, especially at the top. First place this year is a whopping $3.15M (up from $2.25M last year, which might be some vindication for Phil that LIV is pushing the rest of golf to keep pace if he hadn't made such a disgrace of himself); second place usually around 60% of first, third around 65% of second, fourth around 70% of third, etc until it starts really bunching up outside the top 20. And then there are ties. So if you have someone jump from 5th to second (which is pretty easy with a tight leaderboard), their winnings would go from ~$700k to ~$1.9M. So I think many people are still very much in this contest, especially if you have someone in the top 5 that many others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I have heard from several people Dahmen is a great guy. Testicular cancer survivor too. Pulling for him this weekend.
    Here's a short article on him - he does seem like a good down to earth dude. Also sounds like he will be part of the upcoming Netflix PGA series.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Just like the actual Open, we have a tight top of the leaderboard. Great golf so far, hopeful it continues into the weekend
    Thanks again to mkirsh for organizing these contests and most importantly tracking the results. I would like to point out the CDu's team went from DFL after round 1 to leading after round 2. That's a big jump

I've seen on Twitter that the temps on the course are cooler and conditions windier this morning than at anytime the first 2 days. Should make for interesting golf. Always interesting that there was such a big difference between the 2 waves once again due to weather conditions. The wind completely died down Friday afternoon and the early/late group once again (like the PGA) had a big advantage over the late/early.
    Last edited by tbyers11; 06-18-2022 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Table removed to save space
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

The top 20 haven't teed off yet, but almost everyone moving the wrong way today. 15 mph winds on a U.S. Open layout can't be fun.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I gave him some consideration for my team. His main virtue is that he hits the ball generally pretty straight. He is not long, though, not at all.

He does seem like a really nice guy. He has been in several videos with Youtube golfers. Pretty much all of them outdrove him.

I would love to see him win, and it is certainly possible, but extremely unlikely.

Scheffler just holed out for eagle on 8. He’s the leader at -6 and is -3 today thru 8.

Players to make multiple eagles in a U.S. Open win in the last 30 years:

Bryson DeChambeau
    Tiger Woods

Scottie Scheffler would join them if he wins this week.

Scheffler just holed out for eagle on 8. He’s the leader at -6 and is -3 today thru 8.
    Scottie ascending. Rory descending. I’m happy.

Until a second ago LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Scottie ascending. Rory descending. I’m happy.

Until a second ago LOL
    Yep Rors is stinking today. I was really pulling for him this weekend. He needs to get it going on the back 9.

Scottie just made double bogey 5 on the par 3 11th. He’s now back down to -4

Yep Rors is stinking today. I was really pulling for him this weekend. He needs to get it going on the back 9.

Yep. Just watched that. Absolutely shocking the Scottie air-mailed that so far past the green.

Rory only 3 shots back with about 27 to play. There's at least a dozen guys that could win this tournament and he's definitely one of them.

Yep. Just watched that. Absolutely shocking the Scottie air-mailed that so far past the green.
    Now a bogey on 12 for Scottie. He’s +3 on his last two holes.

The U.S. Open is often cruel.

Now a bogey on 12 for Scottie. He’s +3 on his last two holes.

The U.S. Open is often cruel.
    I really jinxed Scottie. That’s horrible.

Well, he has no chance now. It’s over for him.

I'm asking nicely, please don't bring that here. You didn't even pick a team, please allow us to enjoy the thread.

Rory birdies 11!

He’s 2 back of the leader Zalatoris!

I'm asking nicely, please don't bring that here. You didn't even pick a team, please allow us to enjoy the thread.
    Wasn’t planning on making it a habit. Just a one time thing after literally saying seconds before he double bogeyed he was doing well.

Wasn’t planning on making it a habit. Just a one time thing after literally saying seconds before he double bogeyed he was doing well.
    So you're saying if you do it again the mods can ban you. I'm good with that.