Page 831 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33173178182182983083183283384188193113311831 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m saving the two I have for Thanksgiving.
    Good plan as their beer calendar indicates that the Cranbic 2018 release was Jan-March and they never promise that specialty/Thumbprint beers like that will ever be released again. Until they release it again.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

https://blog.foothillsbrewing.com/

You have to scroll a bit.

Discovered Tangled Vine Berry Rose in Publix today.

Last six pack, so this was a FOMO purchase.

The description sounds very tasty.

I've seen that more than once but never put a 6er in the cart. Anxious to read your tasting impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've seen that more than once but never put a 6er in the cart. Anxious to read your tasting impressions.
    If I haven’t reviewed it, I intended to (paved road to Chapel Hill). It’s tasty.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    If I haven’t reviewed it, I intended to (paved road to Chapel Hill). It’s tasty.
    Also starting to see some Wise Man brews in the Triangle. Good products? Inquiring minds and all that stuff.

Also starting to see some Wise Man brews in the Triangle. Good products? Inquiring minds and all that stuff.

I'd just like to see some Wise People in the Triangle!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Well, we have started to see some Wiseman posts on Duke football.

Yes, very. Solid IPA. Some good saison style brews. Dunno exactly what they are distributing in cans/bottles.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yes, very. Solid IPA. Some good saison style brews. Dunno exactly what they are distributing in cans/bottles.
    Good to know. Thanks. I'll start paying attention to what I see on the shelves locally.

At least three things are wrong with that article.

Leaving off Brewery Bhavana, Fullsteam, and Raleigh Brewing instead of Clouds (maybe not fair, can’t recall ever having their beer), Aviator (the king of average beer) and Big Boss (in the running with Lone Rider as the A-B of the Triangle) seems like major mistakes imo (h definitely silent on this one).

Managed to get my hands on some Asheville beer this weekend. Shadowclock Pilsner and Haysaw. Both delightful and gone far too soon.

I think the Taxman is making an extended visit this evening...

At least three things are wrong with that article.

Leaving off Brewery Bhavana, Fullsteam, and Raleigh Brewing instead of Clouds (maybe not fair, can’t recall ever having their beer), Aviator (the king of average beer) and Big Boss (in the running with Lone Rider as the A-B of the Triangle) seems like major mistakes imo (h definitely silent on this one).
    I hold Aviator and Big Boss in a bit higher esteem than you do but fully agree that they shouldn't be top 5, guessing I'd rank Crank Arm, Ponysaurus, Neuse River, Brueprint and Gizmo above them, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Managed to get my hands on some Asheville beer this weekend. Shadowclock Pilsner and Haysaw. Both delightful and gone far too soon.
    Oops, failed to mention that these came from Burial Beer Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    There are quite a few Wise Acres in the Triangle.

Word chosen carefully to avoid the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Oops, failed to mention that these came from Burial Beer Co.
    Definitely one of the better NC breweries. Great assortment of high quality brews.

I hold Aviator and Big Boss in a bit higher esteem than you do but fully agree that they shouldn't be top 5, guessing I'd rank Crank Arm, Ponysaurus, Neuse River, Brueprint and Gizmo above them, for sure.
    I don’t think either are bad. I just think there are others that are better.

Other than Devils Tramping Ground, I’d choose a Lonerider or Big Boss over Aviator any day.

Just returned home after 8 days of "vacation" in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... I'm trying to enjoy what little time I have with these little people I created, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to them being grown up and of drinking age (or at least out of diapers and sleeping more than 4 hours at a time!). My wife's family owns a private lake up there (300 acres and only three cabins on the water) and have been coming up for the past 40 years, meaning I spend at least a week of time off in the middle of nowhere each year whether I like it or not. Luckily her buddy that owns the local grocery store has one of the best beer selections in the state of Wisconsin, so if you guys are ever around the UP/Wisky border and need to stock up, Snow's Family Market in Mercer, WI is the place to go. Since the fish weren't biting, here are my Top 10 memories from the week:

1. The Wolf – 13.5% ABV BBA Imperial Stout – 3 Sheeps Brewing Company – Amazing. Rich and thick with that sweet bourbon barrel finish. Cracked it open after my daughter hooked her cousin in the ear while fishing.
    2. Dragon’s Milk Reserve: Salted Caramel – 11% ABV Imperial Stout – Love this series, and this iteration was no different; sweet caramel with a smooth boozy finish.
    3. Choklat Oranj – 10% ABV Imperial Stout – Southern Tier Brewing Company – Exactly what the bottle says; delicious dessert beer with notes of chocolate and orange.
    4. Wood-Aged I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es Brew – 9% ABV Imperial Stout – Dogfish Head Brewery – Purchased as a joke for my father-in-law whose daughter was on the warpath, both of us enjoyed it while hiding from our wives.
    5. RE:FRESH Radler - 3.2% ABV Shandy/Radler - Wisconsin Brewing Company - Would have been higher if it wasn't 3.2%... Delicious but it would take a few gallons to get a buzz.
    6. Hard Wired Nitro – 6% ABV Porter – Left Hand Brewing Company
    7. American Pale Ale - 5% ABV Pale Ale - Pabst Brewing Company?? - Stumbled upon this at a gas station and thought it would be funny to send a pic to my buddy that only drinks Pabst... It was actually pretty good and surprised the hell out of me.
    8. Fire Fox Red - 5.5% ABV Red Ale - Stevens Point Brewery
    9. Galaxy Pale Ale - 5.3% ABV Pale Ale - 3 Sheeps Brewing Company
    10. Blu Bobbler – 5% ABV Fruit Beer – Door County Brewing Co. – Nice easy drinker, our beer of choice out on the fishing boat.

*side note – My wife’s extended family consists of diehard Purdue fanatics with a few Wisconsin fans sprinkled around, so I can’t wait to see how they react to the gift I left them on the back deck... It's not letting me attach the picture, but I painted a nice big Duke logo on the bar I bought for them a few years back. I'm sure there will be a big Black and Gold P on it when I get back, but it felt necessary after a few beverages

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Just returned home after 8 days of "vacation" in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... I'm trying to enjoy what little time I have with these little people I created, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to them being grown up and of drinking age (or at least out of diapers and sleeping more than 4 hours at a time!). My wife's family owns a private lake up there (300 acres and only three cabins on the water) and have been coming up for the past 40 years, meaning I spend at least a week of time off in the middle of nowhere each year whether I like it or not. Luckily her buddy that owns the local grocery store has one of the best beer selections in the state of Wisconsin, so if you guys are ever around the UP/Wisky border and need to stock up, Snow's Family Market in Mercer, WI is the place to go. Since the fish weren't biting, here are my Top 10 memories from the week:

1. The Wolf – 13.5% ABV BBA Imperial Stout – 3 Sheeps Brewing Company – Amazing. Rich and thick with that sweet bourbon barrel finish. Cracked it open after my daughter hooked her cousin in the ear while fishing.
    2. Dragon’s Milk Reserve: Salted Caramel – 11% ABV Imperial Stout – Love this series, and this iteration was no different; sweet caramel with a smooth boozy finish.
    3. Choklat Oranj – 10% ABV Imperial Stout – Southern Tier Brewing Company – Exactly what the bottle says; delicious dessert beer with notes of chocolate and orange.
    4. Wood-Aged I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es Brew – 9% ABV Imperial Stout – Dogfish Head Brewery – Purchased as a joke for my father-in-law whose daughter was on the warpath, both of us enjoyed it while hiding from our wives.
    5. RE:FRESH Radler - 3.2% ABV Shandy/Radler - Wisconsin Brewing Company - Would have been higher if it wasn't 3.2%... Delicious but it would take a few gallons to get a buzz.
    6. Hard Wired Nitro – 6% ABV Porter – Left Hand Brewing Company
    7. American Pale Ale - 5% ABV Pale Ale - Pabst Brewing Company?? - Stumbled upon this at a gas station and thought it would be funny to send a pic to my buddy that only drinks Pabst... It was actually pretty good and surprised the hell out of me.
    8. Fire Fox Red - 5.5% ABV Red Ale - Stevens Point Brewery
    9. Galaxy Pale Ale - 5.3% ABV Pale Ale - 3 Sheeps Brewing Company
    10. Blu Bobbler – 5% ABV Fruit Beer – Door County Brewing Co. – Nice easy drinker, our beer of choice out on the fishing boat.

*side note – My wife’s extended family consists of diehard Purdue fanatics with a few Wisconsin fans sprinkled around, so I can’t wait to see how they react to the gift I left them on the back deck... It's not letting me attach the picture, but I painted a nice big Duke logo on the bar I bought for them a few years back. I'm sure there will be a big Black and Gold P on it when I get back, but it felt necessary after a few beverages
    Great stuff with the beer reviews and the art/decoration/painting/souvenir story. Sounds like we need to have a Ymm, Beer retreat up there one summer. ;-)