Page 1920 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 92014201820187019101918191919201921192219301970202024202920 ... LastLast
Results 38,381 to 38,400 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    As long as we are doing slide shows.

Attachment 12908Attachment 12909

Same rock - 4 years and 2 weeks apart. Mission Trips with a view.
    Damn, it shrank in that time!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Damn, it shrank in that time!
    Actually, it grew. The one on the right is the older picture.

We had great storms every night in 2018.

Actually, it grew. The one on the right is the older picture.

We had great storms every night in 2018.
    Utah? Or NM?

As long as we are doing slide shows.

Attachment 12908Attachment 12909

Same rock - 4 years and 2 weeks apart. Mission Trips with a view.
    Shiprock is stunning.

Is anyone on here either CEO or manager of a company who might be willing to talk to me about a work conundrum? I have written up a job proposal at work and they are creating a position for me that fills a need but that is going to inspire some petty jealousies at work and I would love an outsider's input on how I should approach this.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Utah? Or NM?
    Shiprock, NM

Kind of bummed I can't find my pictures from on top of Half Dome. Just this one of my boots after the hike. I have them from on top, I swear...!

HD Boots.jpg

This was the same trip I was "charged" by a bear. How I started the hike at 4 AM, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Is anyone on here either CEO or manager of a company who might be willing to talk to me about a work conundrum? I have written up a job proposal at work and they are creating a position for me that fills a need but that is going to inspire some petty jealousies at work and I would love an outsider's input on how I should approach this.
    Besides "nanny, nanny, boo-boo"?

Anyone have experience selecting and installing camshafts?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Besides "nanny, nanny, boo-boo"?
    Ha! I am in this camp. My coworkers are going to emote. Like gnashing of teeth, rending of raiments, blood flowing from eyeballs level stuff.

Anyone have experience selecting and installing camshafts?
    I think we assumed you did?

I think we assumed you did?
    I know enough to be dangerous.

Interesting. I know a bunch of people who are dangerous because they don't know enough.

But do you know the difference between brake and gas pedals? That's the question in another thread.

In fairness, while it has never happened to me, I've had momentary anxiety at times in stop-and-go traffic that I would hit the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    But do you know the difference between brake and gas pedals? That's the question in another thread.

In fairness, while it has never happened to me, I've had momentary anxiety at times in stop-and-go traffic that I would hit the wrong one.
    Never have had an issue. They do have cars with features that would address that issue for you. Volvo's CitySafe or Audi's Traffic Jam assist come to mind.

Never have had an issue. They do have cars with features that would address that issue for you. Volvo's CitySafe or Audi's Traffic Jam assist come to mind.
    Interesting. Didn't know that existed but if they're building self-driving cars, not surprising.

You've never been in traffic and thought, "What if I hit the gas instead of the brake on accident?" I've also had the occasional, "What if jerked the wheel an inch and sent the car into the ditch?"

I actually think of these somewhat akin to what I experience at great heights. Hyper-active thoughts about all the things that could go wrong from said heights, even if they're pretty unlikely or irrational.

I'm pretty good with bugs, snakes, rats, etc though unless they come at me in the middle of the night.

Ha! I am in this camp. My coworkers are going to emote. Like gnashing of teeth, rending of raiments, blood flowing from eyeballs level stuff.
    Sounds like a bunch of fun co-workers!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of fun co-workers!
    There are always a few it seems. I tend to think the bulk of job-related stress is interpersonal and not necessarily connected to the difficulty of the actual job. Take that with a grain of salt because I've worked in offices most of my life and not at an operating table or sick child's bedside.

Hyper-active thoughts about all the things that could go wrong from said heights, even if they're pretty unlikely or irrational.
    I can't say it has never happened but to say it is an uncommon occurrence understated how uncommon.

I made a statement in that thread that I fact-checked myself on. Listen to the Revisionist History podcast about the brake vs. accelerator issue. Years ago there was a famous case settled by a vehicle manufacturer where they paid millions in damages, in what was perceived to be the accelerator getting stuck because of the floor mats. And it turns out there is compelling evidence that in either all or almost all of those cases the accelerator may have been stuck, but that the operator never pressed the break. And when you think about brakes, they are over powered in comparison to the accelerator. The brakes always win. There is a reason there is a brake pedal on the passenger side in a driver's ed car. The brakes will always win. This gets into how people respond in a crisis and that is something I ignored in my own post on that thread and I had to backpedal.