Page 93 of 204 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4071
    There are many reasons why I don’t follow recruiting that closely. This thread is one example. I just would like to know what our recruiting situation looks like. Who do we have in the bag? Who else is on the radar. Just names and positions will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    There are many reasons why I don’t follow recruiting that closely. This thread is one example. I just would like to know what our recruiting situation looks like. Who do we have in the bag? Who else is on the radar. Just names and positions will suffice.
    If de evolution and topic drift are not your cup of tea, you may be in the wrong place.

Entertaining yes, informative not so much.

Nature of the beast.

I can help:

- Jeff Capel was a very good player at Duke
    - Capel was a very average player at Duke
    - Capel was a great recruiter at Duke
    - Capel’s recruiting at Duke was over-rated
    - Penny Hardaway is a unicorn
    - Chris Mullen is also a unicorn
    - by definition there can only be one unicorn
    - We don’t need another OAD big
    - We definitely need another OAD big
    - Barret played good D against TT
    - Barret did not play Great D against TT

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I can help:

Hope that helps.
    You forgot to handicap the chances of former K assistants to land his job when he retires.

A free message board is not the place to get high quality insider information on recruiting. But since you asked, Duke has made offers to two remaining players in the Class of 2019:

Isaiah Stewart, a 6'9" forward/center from Rochester, NY playing at LaLumiere Academy in La Porte, IN
    Matthew Hurt, a 6'9" forward/stretch-4 from Rochester, MN

Stewart visited Duke after Thanksgiving, when the team returned from Maui. He seems to have completed his official visits and is mulling his future. Most people believe that he is down to Duke and Michigan State with Washington as a dark horse. His announcement could come at any moment or in several months. He's a bit of a mystery.

Hurt is scheduled to visit Duke in January for the matchup with Virginia on the 19th. The slender sharp-shooter has completed official visits to Kentucky and North Carolina and will also visit Duke before finishing up at Kansas in early February. Most have thought that Hurt is a Jayhawk lean with Kentucky as strong contender for his services.

Besides these two, Anthony Edwards, a strong and talented guard from Atlanta has recently listed Duke among his final schools. The Georgia guard reclassified from the Class of 2020 back to 2019 and plans to attend college next year. Many think that Florida State is the most likely landing place for the young man's services.

All three of Stewart, Hurt, and Edwards are among the top 10 players in the class. Duke has not extended an offer or expressed much interest in others as far as I know.

One of the "features" of this forum is that it is a good training ground to practice filtering out irrelevant information. After a while you will learn to skim and discard the information you don't need. Practice here will help you in real life.

If you continued reading past the first sentence then you need more training.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A free message board is not the place to get high quality insider information on recruiting. But since you asked, Duke has made offers to two remaining players in the Class of 2019:
    Great recap. I will add that K recently watched both Stewart and Hurt play in some sort of high school exhibition, so it appears that he is still very much going after both. The consensus does seem to be that Hurt is a long shot, even though fans see him as a better fit for us given his ability to shoot from long range. But Carey and Stewart have mentioned the idea of playing together, and some recent social media activity suggests that Carey is trying to recruit Stewart pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    One of the "features" of this forum is that it is a good training ground to practice filtering out irrelevant information. After a while you will learn to skim and discard the information you don't need. Practice here will help you in real life.

If you continued reading past the first sentence then you need more training.
    tl;dr

(funny stuff, really )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    You forgot to handicap the chances of former K assistants to land his job when he retires.
    Good catch.

- Capel May or may not be strong candidate for K’s replacement with his brother as an either welcome or unwelcome addition.

- Other former Duke players and/or coaches may or may not also be strong contenders to be K’s successor employing either welcome or unwelcome forms of nepotism.

My apologies.

Good catch.

- Capel May or may not be strong candidate for K’s replacement with his brother as an either welcome or unwelcome addition.

- Other former Duke players and/or coaches may or may not also be strong contenders to be K’s successor employing either welcome or unwelcome forms of nepotism.

My apologies.
    If you would like to discuss the future of the thread, you may also want to discuss minutes and then compare Duke’s lineup to Carolina’s.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Good catch.

My apologies.
    He ain't heavy. He's my brother.

I can help:

Hope that helps.
    Excellent synopsis!

Sir, or Madam - we on these threads need to embelish this information. By practicing now - it prepares us for the real season April to November. Keep practicing and you'll be fine.

I'm told that Anthony Edwards is highly, highly unlikely. Think FSU. Or some would say, F$U

What you are looking for can be found here: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    What you are looking for can be found here: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

But drop in here from time to time for other news

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm told that Anthony Edwards is highly, highly unlikely. Think FSU. Or some would say, F$U
    You'd think with all that ER money he'd be set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    You'd think with all that ER money he'd be set for life.
    Earlier in the thread we went with Top Gun and Revenge of the Nerd jokes.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Great recap. I will add that K recently watched both Stewart and Hurt play in some sort of high school exhibition, so it appears that he is still very much going after both. The consensus does seem to be that Hurt is a long shot, even though fans see him as a better fit for us given his ability to shoot from long range. But Carey and Stewart have mentioned the idea of playing together, and some recent social media activity suggests that Carey is trying to recruit Stewart pretty hard.

Can you elaborate on "consensus does seem to be that Hurt is a long shot"? From what I've read, that was the perception four or five months ago but now he's very much in play.

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Can you elaborate on "consensus does seem to be that Hurt is a long shot"? From what I've read, that was the perception four or five months ago but now he's very much in play.

Just curious.
    Bill Self coached Hurt over the summer and both had nice things to say about each other. Hence, the perception that Hurt was anything from a Kansas lean to a Kansas lock.

But a lot has happened since last summer that could negatively impact the Kansas narrative. Will they even be eligible for the NCAAT next season?

And Duke has had a fair amount of success with players of a similar size and skill set.

The Hurt family has been pretty quite and I suspect this is a lot more wide-open than we thought a few months ago.