Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Carrawell is from St. Louis, and it sounds like the level of prospect that a relatively new Duke assistant coach might be responsible for. So I'd bet he was the assistant who went there.

Also, sounds like Weingarten is a 5* but is he elite? Best recruiting reporter prospect since, dare I say, the legendary Dave Telep?
    It was Carawell. Weingarten posted an article on his site with that info. Yeah, and I think Weingarten is 5-star recruiting prospect, lol.

R.J. Hampton Focuses on Final Five

As expected, Duke is in the final five schools for R.J. Hampton. The talented guard is focusing on Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, and - a bit of a surprise - TCU

Looks an awful lot like fellow Texan Rasheed Sulaimon in that #14 Duke uniform, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    As expected, Duke is in the final five schools for R.J. Hampton. The talented guard is focusing on Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, and - a bit of a surprise - TCU

Looks an awful lot like fellow Texan Rasheed Sulaimon in that #14 Duke uniform, don't you think?
    Very minor surprise. Obviously his family and friends could come watch every game of his at TCU if they wanted to. Probably an hour drive from Little Elm to Fort Worth. It's the home option.

Glad to see we made the top 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Very minor surprise. Obviously his family and friends could come watch every game of his at TCU if they wanted to. Probably an hour drive from Little Elm to Fort Worth. It's the home option.

Glad to see we made the top 5!
    Also, TCU has a pretty good coach now too (Jamie Dixon). Not that I think Hampton will choose them. But it's probably time to start thinking of TCU a little bit differently than the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Also, TCU has a pretty good coach now too (Jamie Dixon). Not that I think Hampton will choose them. But it's probably time to start thinking of TCU a little bit differently than the past.
    Perhaps I should not have been surprised by TCU. I was expecting to see Texas there instead. The Frogs lost Jaylen Fisher to injury and then a transfer. They certainly have a need at PG.

Perhaps I should not have been surprised by TCU. I was expecting to see Texas there instead. The Frogs lost Jaylen Fisher to injury and then a transfer. They certainly have a need at PG.
    Gotta say the Smart guy has been a bit disappointing at Texas given the support he has there.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Gotta say the Smart guy has been a bit disappointing at Texas given the support he has there.
    Hmmm "system" coach?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    what hurts even more to UT fans is the success Rick barnes is having at the other UT. Smart is 15-28 in the B12 dating back to the 16/17 season and it's not like he inherited a total mess from Barnes. 16 NCAA appearances in 17 years. won 69% of his games overall.. 66% in the b12.

the most concerning part about Smart is he is recruiting pretty well.. he's got talent.. and still can't win. some guys hit their ceiling at the mid major level. Texas doesn't pay $3.2 million a year to be a perennial bubble team.

Scottie Barnes Eyes an Elite Eight

Talented forward Scottie Barnes, high school and AAU teammate of incoming Duke freshman Vernon Carey, Jr., released a Top 8 via twitter this morning.

Cal, Duke, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Miami, Ohio State, and Oregon make the final cut.

A lot of people are pretty high on Barnes, a top 10 player in the mold of Scottie Pippen, a point-forward if you will. With Duke losing basically its entire frontcourt after 2019-20, there would be plenty of opportunity for Barnes as well as Jalen Johnson and other top priorities for Duke. Let's hope Duke gets an official visit lined up soon.

A name to keep an eye on is Jalen Suggs. He's a 6'5" compo guard from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    To give one out, click here:

Attachment 9017
    I don’t see that icon on most posts, only on the last page or so.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I don’t see that icon on most posts, only on the last page or so.
    There is a built in time limit on how long a spork may be given on any particular post. I don't know what that limit is.

There is a built in time limit on how long a spork may be given on any particular post. I don't know what that limit is.
    I found a couple (well, perhaps a lot of) posts on Ymm, Beer (where else do you think I'm going to look?) on 2/7/19. The one timed at 325 PM was not sporkable but the one timed at 505 PM was still available for sporking.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I found a couple (well, perhaps a lot of) posts on Ymm, Beer (where else do you think I'm going to look?) on 2/7/19. The one timed at 325 PM was not sporkable but the one timed at 505 PM was still available for sporking.
    so 6 days and 18 hours?

That's a bit random.

so 6 days and 18 hours?

That's a bit random.
    I'm getting 8 days and a buncha hours by my math.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

One of the top 2020 PG's, Jeremy Roach, will be in attendance at the UNC-Duke game tonight, per Evan Daniels and others.

Roach tore his ACL in November and is rehabbing. UNC is also on his short list of schools, along with Kentucky and Villanova.

One of the top 2020 PG's, Jeremy Roach, will be in attendance at the UNC-Duke game tonight, per Evan Daniels and others.

Roach tore his ACL in November and is rehabbing. UNC is also on his short list of schools, along with Kentucky and Villanova.
    Looks like Roach has offers from Duke, Unc, Kentucky, Nova and Maryland.

Bet he had some interesting nicknames growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Bet he had some interesting nicknames growing up.
    He's destined for the CLIPpers.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...bag-129991076/

Looks like we'll have to wait and see what R J does, which may be determined what Tre does.