Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Auburn takes the worst shots but makes enough of them to justify it. Florida finally looks like the team it was projected to be at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy samoleans, did anybody catch any of the Marquette-Seton Hall game?
    I saw the ending on ESPN. What happened? It looked like Wojo refused to shake hands with some player, and the player took offense. It looked like Wojo was going after him.

One of the worst no calls I have ever seen at end of the Auburn Florida game.
    Are you kidding me?
    That's not a foul?

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    That's not a foul?
    Horrible officiating at the end of that game.

The 10 second call against Auburn was clearly wrong and the ref “called it” a second after the ball left the passer’s hands in the backcourt.

Pearl even said that his player was trying to foul at the end, he was just late. He wanted a foul before the shot so they couldn’t get a 3 off.

Horrible!

Durham team wins conference tournament.

Congrats to NCCU.

The Eagles are going dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Congrats to NCCU.

The Eagles are going dancing!
    Will they be our 16 seed?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Will they be our 16 seed?
    If they win their First Four game, probably.

Tenn-UK is a really good game and I love the way the refs are letting them play. Feels like Tenn has been a bit better and it leads by 2 but Im not sure the shooting is sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1949 View Post
    I saw the ending on ESPN. What happened? It looked like Wojo refused to shake hands with some player, and the player took offense. It looked like Wojo was going after him.

Utter chaos during that game. Only going on reports and youtube stuff. Fights were multiple, many many personal fouls. One player ejected in error when refs wrongly thought it was his second tech, they actually had to go get him from the locker room!
    Post game lines scuffled, both locker rooms closed, no postgame interviews after Big East approval was given to shut it all down.

Refs completely lost control of the game and apparently never felt the need to try and get it back. These two teams are not chummy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Great game between Tenn & UK. Who will score last?

Tn wins

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Great game between Tenn & UK. Who will score last?
    UT scored 15 points on 6 straight possessions from the point they were down 8, IIRC. That's a pretty high rate, I think.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    UT scored 15 points on 6 straight possessions from the point they were down 8, IIRC. That's a pretty high rate, I think.
    Big disappointment for Big Blue Nation. What a shame.

UNC gets a 1 seed now that UK loses.

Incredible 🏃..

This game started great, then from about 12-4 minutes to go it was awful due to over officiating, then it was great again. Tennessee is tough. Like anyone, they can have bad games, but they are grown arsed men!

Herro was a no show for Kentucky. He and Johnson are a little too hyped-up for my liking but I am prone to dislike anything Kentucky related. PJ Washington is really good though, and Johnson is also a gamer. I feel like they have depth but can’t count on it producing game to game.

I watched a chunk of Michigan State for the first time in a while - god the Big 10 is brutal to watch. Just ugly and slow and blech.

I was also checking out Houston. Ala Butler in 2010, I fear any mid major who has won that many games in a decent league.

This is such a great day to watch college hoops. Of course, had We lost last night, I’d be avoiding all of it.

It seemed to turn Tenn’s way once Travis Reid fouled out. Refs were letting a lot go, but I thought Reid was pretty aggressive and could/should have fouled out earlier. Tenn also had a player foul out. It was a physical game.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    That's not a foul?
    100% a muggin foul that has to be called. But foul was clearly before the shot despite what announcers said (I backed up DVR to confirm). Should have been Florida down 3 and shooting 2 fts with 2.5 secs left. They would have had a chance to tie with a made ft and then deliberate ft miss and rebound. So no call probably didn’t change outcome but still horrible officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    UNC gets a 1 seed now that UK loses.
    And we get UK as a 2, now? (After Marquette as an 8 and the Twerps as a 5...)

-jk

Won't happen, but it would be fun to see the committee leave Pac-12 regular season champion Washington out of the field. They have no wins over at-large teams.