Page 1725 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 72512251625167517151723172417251726172717351775182522252725 ... LastLast
Results 34,481 to 34,500 of 67749
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do they even make good musicals these days?
    Did they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did they ever?
    She comes out swinging!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I thought Hamilton had the highest degree of difficulty of any musical I have ever seen and that they hit every single mark perfectly. I would like to know Boston Devil's thoughts on this. I am by no means someone who knows anything other than what I enjoy.
    Hoo boy, how to unpack Hamilton. I'm not sure that I can, not all of it anyway, but I'll give you something that I noticed. I didn't see it live, only the recording on Disney+ (which I signed up for purely to watch Hamilton) and I have yet to finish it. Do I think it is an excellent musical? Yes. Do I like musicals in general? No. Is there something about Hamilton that bugs the crap out of me? Absolutely. There are 3 female actors in Hamilton. They all play Schuyler sisters with one also double cast as Maria Reynolds. Each one of them gets a song about how much they love (or want to "do it") with our main character, Alexander Hamilton, who just so happens to be played by the man who wrote the songs. From a female character point of view, the title of the show should be Everybody Wants Hamilton.

It’s all been downhill since Westside Story.

{ducks]

Hoo boy, how to unpack Hamilton. I'm not sure that I can, not all of it anyway, but I'll give you something that I noticed. I didn't see it live, only the recording on Disney+ (which I signed up for purely to watch Hamilton) and I have yet to finish it. Do I think it is an excellent musical? Yes. Do I like musicals in general? No. Is there something about Hamilton that bugs the crap out of me? Absolutely. There are 3 female actors in Hamilton. They all play Schuyler sisters with one also double cast as Maria Reynolds. Each one of them gets a song about how much they love (or want to "do it") with our main character, Alexander Hamilton, who just so happens to be played by the man who wrote the songs. From a female character point of view, the title of the show should be Everybody Wants Hamilton.
    I was super nervous when I started reading the reply. I feel like you were very gentle and I appreciate your restraint.

I feel like this is a continuation of our Porky's and American Pie discussion. I did not expect that.

I will say that the King George character and how he's played in Hamilton absolutely slays me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I feel like this is a continuation of our Porky's and American Pie discussion. I did not expect that.

I will say that the King George character and how he's played in Hamilton absolutely slays me every time.
    He's bloody brilliant. (I watched almost all of Hamilton, I've only got about 15 minutes left to watch.) And I adore Daveed Diggs, I'll go see him in anything, including musicals.

There is a play written by a friend of mine that has been performed in Boston a couple of times now. It's called Blood on the Snow. It was written for a site specific performance (the meeting room in the Old State House.) It takes place in the immediate aftermath of the Boston Massacre. The characters are based on real people. The play centers on the British governor and his advisors discussing how to react/handle/move forward given the recent event. The specific site where this play takes place is the actual room where it happened.

To continue with the combative nature of this thread . . .

Life is too short to knit with acrylic yarn.

Fight me. (Christmas stockings are the only exception.)

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    “There was this one time, at Valley Forge, . . .”

What kind of monster would argue against this point?

Not when you have knitting needles at the ready!

What is to fight? That is only logical.

I don't knit - wish I did - but going into a yarn store is so much fun. I love the colors and textures. Maybe when I retire, I'll take up knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What is to fight? That is only logical.

I don't knit - wish I did - but going into a yarn store is so much fun. I love the colors and textures. Maybe when I retire, I'll take up knitting.
    Never forget to squeeze the cashmere.

everybody be calm, stop by here for cocktails tonight, we're doing some sub-zero grilling of ahi tuna on the Weber, so bring your hats!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    everybody be calm, stop by here for cocktails tonight, we're doing some sub-zero grilling of ahi tuna on the Weber, so bring your hats!
    32 and freezing rain in the triad this morning. I may have a beer or two to toast you in the great white north as you grill.

Since people are aching for fights these days:

No rational human being should eat Pop Tarts. They taste like flavored children’s cough medicine.

I bought a few packages, based on recommendations from some misguided DBR posters, thinking that I was in for a treat. After sampling one from each package, I unwrapped the remainder and threw them into the back yard for the critters to “enjoy”. I went outside the next morning with my cup of coffee, and a family of raccoons were standing on their hind legs giving me the bird. They have since moved out of the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post

No rational human being should eat Pop Tarts. They taste like flavored children’s cough medicine.

I bought a few packages, based on recommendations from some misguided DBR posters, thinking that I was in for a treat. After sampling one from each package, I unwrapped the remainder and threw them into the back yard for the critters to “enjoy”. I went outside the next morning with my cup of coffee, and a family of raccoons were standing on their hind legs giving me the bird. They have since moved out of the neighborhood.

Some people even like granola! Can you believe that?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post

you got that right, they are doughy, tasteless diabetes delivery systems...they come in several flavors, red, orange and blue.

I do believe we went a day or two without anyone throwing down the gauntlet. At least the one expressed in your last line. We may have existed on the more passive aggressive approach...