Page 1532 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 53210321432148215221530153115321533153415421582163220322532 ... LastLast
Results 30,621 to 30,640 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Poker night tonight...feeling lucky.
    Dealer’s choice? NLH?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Kayaks are calling — actually cool today. Low 70’s right now, may only get up to mid-80’s in the afternoon.
    Just came back in. Saw Heron, Osprey, Kingfishers, and an otter that was pretty darn surprised to surface and see me!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Just came back in. Saw Heron, Osprey, Kingfishers, and an otter that was pretty darn surprised to surface and see me!
    Now I want to kayak with both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I had perfect timing. Now the thunderstorms are rolling back in.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Light on the wildlife today — a few hawks, an otter, a ton of sizable turtles.

I can never tell the difference between cranes, herons, and egrets. I really need to just spend the time and learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Autumn starts making appearances in about a month, leaves change in about two. Nice time to do it.

Going with SonPK tomorrow, this time a one-way float down the canal. A wonderful paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We've got two potential hurricanes headed to the Gulf at the same time.
    Marco is now headed to New Orleans...Laura won't catch up.

Paddle with your son....brings back memories of when my Dad paddled me 😋😋😋😋

Guess I deserved it...however I’ll never forget the time he made me go across the street and pick out my own switch 😈😈😈😈

I couldn’t decide...a skinny short one...or a thick one...took me too long to decide....pissed him off

Next thing I knew ...here he came across the street and picked out this skinny slick little branch and proceeded to show me the way home....

I’ll never forget that day...even myMomma cried....was 1948 I recollect...anyway...
    I think the whole thing was over me paying the ice cream man on our street 10 cents for me and Milton a pop cycle
    I don’t think it was because I became a Duke fan....ahhhh childhood memories
    Yes...oh yes...I do enjoy an occasional cold beer 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😋😋

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    I’ll never forget that day...even myMomma cried...was 1948 I recollect...anyway...
    I think the whole thing was over me paying the ice cream man on our street 10 cents for me and Milton a pop cycle
    I don’t think it was because I became a Duke fan...ahhhh childhood memories
    Yes...oh yes...I do enjoy an occasional cold beer 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😋😋
    We have a thread for that...

I can never tell the difference between cranes, herons, and egrets. I really need to just spend the time and learn it.

Autumn starts making appearances in about a month, leaves change in about two. Nice time to do it.

Going with SonPK tomorrow, this time a one-way float down the canal. A wonderful paddle.
    "Cranes" are the things they use to lift steel.
    "Heron" is what kept the Stones going in the 70's.
    "No Egrets" is a tattoo fail.

See, I can be helpful.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

I used to be a birder. Stopped when I had kids. Wouldn't mind picking it up again and I can still tell the difference between cranes, herons, and egrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I used to be a birder. Stopped when I had kids. Wouldn't mind picking it up again and I can still tell the difference between cranes, herons, and egrets.
    You’ll need to come down kayaking when dinK does and point out the difference.

Are cranes more coastal?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You’ll need to come down kayaking when dinK does and point out the difference.

Are cranes more coastal?
    There are only 2 kinds of crane native to North America, sandhill (summers in Canada, winters in Texas and Florida and coastal southern Georgia) and whooping - an endangered species. You don't see whooping cranes in Georgia. Sandhill cranes are big with mostly brown feathers, grey necks, and a red patch near the eye. Quick guide to the others - the all white ones are egrets, the bigger of the all white ones are great egrets, the medium sized all white ones are snowy egrets, you might see some lesser egrets too. The blue and grey big ones are great blue herons. The ones that look like they are stalking you at dusk, ready to steal something, are night herons. You might also be seeing some ibises.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    There are only 2 kinds of crane native to North America, sandhill (summers in Canada, winters in Texas and Florida and coastal southern Georgia) and whooping - an endangered species. You don't see whooping cranes in Georgia. Sandhill cranes are big with mostly brown feathers, grey necks, and a red patch near the eye. Quick guide to the others - the all white ones are egrets, the bigger of the all white ones are great egrets, the medium sized all white ones are snowy egrets, you might see some lesser egrets too. The blue and grey big ones are great blue herons. The ones that look like they are stalking you at dusk, ready to steal something, are night herons. You might also be seeing some ibises.
    Thanks! I will put this knowledge to use in about an hour when I get on the water!

Stopping by this state park later today. But not to do any bird watching this time.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/old-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Stopping by this state park later today. But not to do any bird watching this time.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/old-tunnel
    Going to see the bats?If