Page 1930 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 93014301830188019201928192919301931193219401980203024302930 ... LastLast
Results 38,581 to 38,600 of 67373
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we have one who visits us with its owner for dinner...the first thing it does each time is jump over and deck railing and disappear for hours, inducing stress in its owner, and hence us. It can stay home next time. My wife even provided it with a perfectly lovely marrow bone, but it still had to bolt...I remember our Exalted Leader Julio telling me all about his Jack Russell Terrorist...now I get it.
    Bone marrow is one of those things that I never thought I would groove on and it is an absolute delicacy. If your wife gives me bone marrow I ain't leaving and I damn sure ain't jumping over no fence.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Reverend Jack Russell first bred them as hunting dogs in the 1800’s, I believe.
    A lot of dog breeds were originally bred for hunting, work or protection/aggression. Somewhere along the way we started breeding them for cuteness, cuddles and status.

Jack’s were bred to get after things in burrows.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Bone marrow is one of those things that I never thought I would groove on and it is an absolute delicacy. If your wife gives me bone marrow I ain't leaving and I damn sure ain't jumping over no fence.
    Suggest eating it, not grooving on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A lot of dog breeds were originally bred for hunting, work or protection/aggression. Somewhere along the way we started breeding them for cuteness, cuddles and status.

Jack’s were bred to get after things in burrows.
    Like Hobbits?

I had cow marrow in France — tastes like butter. They just spread it on bread there.

BD9D61D6-448D-42BE-A3CA-6678C7BB261D.jpg

Like Hobbits?
    Why do you think hobbits are so hard to find? Like everything else, man hunted them to the brink of extinction.

#whenwillwelearn

#jacksarepreeccccioouuussss

Suggest eating it, not grooving on it.
    Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know there were indecent liberties with bone marrow laws.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know there were indecent liberties with bone marrow laws.
    You can be indecent with anything if you set your mind to it.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    So to recap yesterday: Bostondevil is like LeBron and professionally she goes off weekly while I am Tony Delk and you see my name and go: "Tony Delk. He didn't suck. Nice little change of pace point guard. Wait? He had a 50 point game one time?
    I picked my own lower bar, so, I wouldn't exactly say I'm LeBron. My Tony Delk for 50 moment is the time I wrote one play and directed another, no acting. But, opening night, an actress who was in both shows called at 5pm to say she was at the hospital with her father and she wouldn't be able to go on that night. In a "show must go on" moment, I had someone else drive me to the theater, learned the lines on the way over in the car, and went on for her. Dad turned out to be OK and she was able to finish the run, whew. (To be fair, since I had written one of the plays, it made learning the lines a little easier. Still, for a couple of the lines, I was like, why did I write it this way?)

You can be indecent with anything if you set your mind to it.
    Wow! So many things I can disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I picked my own lower bar, so, I wouldn't exactly say I'm LeBron. My Tony Delk for 50 moment is the time I wrote one play and directed another, no acting. But, opening night, an actress who was in both shows called at 5pm to say she was at the hospital with her father and she wouldn't be able to go on that night. In a "show must go on" moment, I had someone else drive me to the theater, learned the lines on the way over in the car, and went on for her. Dad turned out to be OK and she was able to finish the run, whew. (To be fair, since I had written one of the plays, it made learning the lines a little easier. Still, for a couple of the lines, I was like, why did I write it this way?)
    What a fun story! And I love that you took a shot at yourself. Actors. You just can't make them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So, why do they say,"Break a leg"?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, why do they say,"Break a leg"?
    It's a mystery. There are multiple stories but nobody really knows.

I’m really tickled over the idea of a pack of Jack Russell’s laying waste to the Shire.

What a fun story! And I love that you took a shot at yourself. Actors. You just can't make them happy.
    I started acting because I thought it would make me a better playwright. I was right.

FWIW, I've never broken a leg. Or any other bone.

I guess the secret to clean windows is get someone else to do them?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    FWIW, I've never broken a leg. Or any other bone.
    I broke a kid's leg legging out a triple in baseball when I was about 12. I was safe so it was worth it.

I’m really tickled over the idea of a pack of Jack Russell’s laying waste to the Shire.

You don't like mead?

I broke a kid's leg legging out a triple in baseball when I was about 12. I was safe so it was worth it.
    Ouch!