Page 2658 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 16582158255826082648265626572658265926602668270827583158 ... LastLast
Results 53,141 to 53,160 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    But if I say the type of grass I have, a whole island may get pissed off at me.
    Killer weed?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wish y’all would stop having a serious conversation in the middle of our weird little thing about bee suits and grass.
    Thank you. Some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Thank you. Some people.
    Be the change you want to see in The world, you know? You just gotta put your foot down.

Lol, doing a little contextual analysis you've demonstrated my sizing point. If it changes out all the air 3 times an hour, how long for it to exchange all the air in the house once? 20 minutes. And if it changes out all the air 6 times an hour, how long to exchange all the air one time? 10 minutes...
    Well, yes. It's just a very odd way of saying it. It implies that if I ran the fan for six straight hours, it would exchange the air up to 36 times. Which is technically true, but a really weird way to put it. No one would operate it that way.

Like if I said "it took me twenty minutes to eat lunch. So in three hours I could eat nine lunches." Well, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, yes. It's just a very odd way of saying it. It implies that if I ran the fan for six straight hours, it would exchange the air up to 36 times. Which is technically true, but a really weird way to put it. No one would operate it that way.

Like if I said "it took me twenty minutes to eat lunch. So in three hours I could eat nine lunches." Well, maybe...

When you drive what unit of measure do you use? You don't tell the police you were doing a 2 minute mile in a 4 minute mile zone. Or do you? 30 MPH in a 15 MPH school zone.

In that light, given the size of your house is likely different than your neighbors, as an engineer or designer I would compensate for those differences in the system/design specs and still deliver a system that changed out the air in each house 3-6 times per hour or Air Changes per Hour. The hour is constant just like in MPH. I actually would also specify the pressure at which that volume flow was occuring.

When you drive what unit of measure do you use? You don't tell the police you were doing a 2 minute mile in a 4 minute mile zone. Or do you? 30 MPH in a 15 MPH school zone.

In that light, given the size of your house is likely different than your neighbors, as an engineer or designer I would compensate for those differences in the system/design specs and still deliver a system that changed out the air in each house 3-6 times per hour or Air Changes per Hour. The hour is constant just like in MPH. I actually would also specify the pressure at which that volume flow was occuring.
    Those are all fair points.

And yeah, the size of the house is actually a huge factor. My house is quite small, so would probably result in more lunches/hr than the box would read.

Y’all out here on the lord’s day solving SAT math problems.

Y’all out here on the lord’s day solving SAT math problems.

I had PopTarts today.

I had PopTarts today.
    Such a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Killer weed?
    It cooled off here, so I will be killing some weeds. Oxalis mainly.

Actually getting some pool time this weekend.

Actually getting some pool time this weekend.
    Such a liar.
    Ditto

Ditto
    Et tu, ditto?

Thunderstorm and a cool down.

Thunderstorm and a cool down.
    Same here. Feels amazing!

My mom decided that she wanted to be called “Oma” by my kids. So, as they learn to speak, I’m trying to teach them to shout “Oma’s Coming” like those kids on The Wire yell “Omar’s coming, y’all! Hide the stash!”

My mom decided that she wanted to be called “Oma” by my kids. So, as they learn to speak, I’m trying to teach them to shout “Oma’s Coming” like those kids on The Wire yell “Omar’s coming, y’all! Hide the stash!”
    I support this.

It cooled off here, so I will be killing some weeds. Oxalis mainly.
    Funny, but I actually try to leave most of my oxalis alone. The little pink flowers are beautiful. It's the "bamboo grass" that takes over my yard. I slowed it down a little in a few places, but it is going full force in others.

On a brighter note, I do have blooms on the cherry tomato plants!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't do yardwork. Or garden.

I don't do any more Mondays until August.