Page 198 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 981481881961971981992002082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 67685
    Covering the 9-10PM EST hour --

There's no such thing as too much caffeine!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Definitely not, but I have been trying to cut back. I have gone from drinking 60+ ounces of soda a day to around 32 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Covering the 9-10PM EST hour --

I have a medical condition that the doctors told me if I cut back on caffeine the condition would probably go away. I told them (there were two in the room, I think one was a resident) I only drink one cup of coffee a day. How in the heck does one cut back on caffeine when one is only drinking one freekin' cup a day! Needless to say, I'm taking my chances. Will try another method of treatment that isn't so drastic. Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the condition is not life threatening. And, I don't drink tea or soda.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I have a medical condition that the doctors told me if I cut back on caffeine the condition would probably go away. I told them (there were two in the room, I think one was a resident) I only drink one cup of coffee a day. How in the heck does one cut back on caffeine when one is only drinking one freekin' cup a day! Needless to say, I'm taking my chances. Will try another method of treatment that isn't so drastic. Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the condition is not life threatening. And, I don't drink tea or soda.
    Tilly my dear, if those bastards make you quit drinking coffee I promise, every day, to pour a cup for you and all my fallen homies. How do you take your coffee?

Me? Extra cream.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Tilly my dear, if those bastards make you quit drinking coffee I promise, every day, to pour a cup for you and all my fallen homies. How do you take your coffee?

Me? Extra cream.
    Awww, you would drink extra coffee for me? I take it with milk. Happy drinking!! Can I have the upper effects that comes from extra coffee? I wouldn't want you to be climbing the ceilings, thus not getting any work done.

lte

Thankfully, there is no caffeine in beer (unless you drink a coffee or espresso stout).

10-11 PM covered just in case...but I am headed to bed shortly

Awww, you would drink extra coffee for me? I take it with milk. Happy drinking!! Can I have the upper effects that comes from extra coffee? I wouldn't want you to be climbing the ceilings, thus not getting any work done.
    Heavens no I wouldn't drink it. It shall sit there in your honor. And anyone who touches said cup or asks, we have their knuckles rapped.

We did this for my good buddy Rob who suffered a transient ischemic attack. Each night when we went to the pub, we ordered a pint of Guinness and sat it at the stool next to us. A couple of people tried to sit down because they noticed no one was drinking the pint. They complained to the bar tender when I explained that the seat was taken and he politely reminded them whose bar they were in, and whose rules they could follow.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thankfully, there is no caffeine in beer (unless you drink a coffee or espresso stout).
    Not sure drinking a beer is the best way for me to start the day off.

Not sure drinking a beer is the best way for me to start the day off.
    Yeah, but it does beat several other alternatives...

Heavens no I wouldn't drink it. It shall sit there in your honor. And anyone who touches said cup or asks, we have their knuckles rapped.

We did this for my good buddy Rob who suffered a transient ischemic attack. Each night when we went to the pub, we ordered a pint of Guinness and sat it at the stool next to us. A couple of people tried to sit down because they noticed no one was drinking the pint. They complained to the bar tender when I explained that the seat was taken and he politely reminded them whose bar they were in, and whose rules they could follow.
    Oh. Here I thought you were taking one for the team.

Cool story. I like that bar.

In that case, I request that my coffee be poured into a Duke mug.

Smile Just attend one course in drugs, brain, and behavior

I had a medical condition which gave me heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, and horrific sleep issues (horrible dream and overall sleep issues). Having attended a drugs, brain, and behavior course near my office, I recalled how caffeine could be affecting me.

I quit caffeine cold turkey (and I mean I LOVE coffee), including iced teas, sodas, etc... In the last two years, I have had a non-decaf pepsi maybe twice. I haven't looked back. My morning coffee is now gone, and I drink herbal teas (teasanes, sp?) instead. I usually go with rooibos (either a chai or tropical herb blend) or chamomile. It's actually helped calm me down, and gone are the attacks. Combined with job change, my sleep is getting better, and I no longer have those freaky dreams.

It's not the easiest thing to do, but I am glad I did it.

Now, as for giving up Bison Chocolate Stout, and perhaps Tilly's chocolate chip cookies ...

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Oh. Here I thought you were taking one for the team.
    I am taking one for the team. There's a lovely cup of steaming fresh coffee next to me and I can't drink it. That's because it's your cup.

Cool story. I like that bar.
    In that case, I request that my coffee be poured into a Duke mug.
    Your wish shall be granted if need be. I also have Redskins Mug in case the Duke mug is dirty.

Shhhh...keep this on the down low

but we are almost there. The late hours, EDT, are critical (2535miles and DA) to our success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I had a medical condition which gave me heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, and horrific sleep issues (horrible dream and overall sleep issues). Having attended a drugs, brain, and behavior course near my office, I recalled how caffeine could be affecting me.

I quit caffeine cold turkey (and I mean I LOVE coffee), including iced teas, sodas, etc... In the last two years, I have had a non-decaf pepsi maybe twice. I haven't looked back. My morning coffee is now gone, and I drink herbal teas (teasanes, sp?) instead. I usually go with rooibos (either a chai or tropical herb blend) or chamomile. It's actually helped calm me down, and gone are the attacks. Combined with job change, my sleep is getting better, and I no longer have those freaky dreams.

It's not the easiest thing to do, but I am glad I did it.

Now, as for giving up Bison Chocolate Stout, and perhaps Tilly's chocolate chip cookies ...

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I've tried giving up coffee, obviously it didn't work. Honestly, I drink the one cup, sometimes two for that pick me up in the morning. How did you survive your insomnia without having that cup of coffee in the morning? That is a serious question, what did you do to survive?

I am taking one for the team. There's a lovely cup of steaming fresh coffee next to me and I can't drink it. That's because it's your cup.

Your wish shall be granted if need be. I also have Redskins Mug in case the Duke mug is dirty.
    Now I get it!!! Back to, awww, you'd do that for me??

Redskins, or Orioles mug can be used in place of Duke mug.

Am going to the kitchen now to prepare the coffee for brewing tomorrow morning. I will not go down without a fight!!!!

I'm PW'ing like my friends devildeac, YmoBeThere, and Lavabe (I don't make the same mistake twice). Love you guys!!!

lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    but we are almost there. The late hours, EDT, are critical (2535miles and DA) to our success.
    Earlier today, Fish80 promised to PW his way through the night sometime, just to stay ahead of me in the post count on this thread. Talk about possessed.

I'm PW'ing like my friends devildeac, YmoBeThere, and Lavabe (I don't make the same mistake twice). Love you guys!!!

Back at you...once a PW, always a well you get the idea.