Page 2846 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 18462346274627962836284428452846284728482856289629463346 ... LastLast
Results 56,901 to 56,920 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    In the mountains.
    Rats. I'm in Charlotte.

In the mountains.
    Which mountains?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Which mountains?
    Just outside the north end of Shenandoah National Park.

More rain here...we need it. I would have enjoyed more in the spring and summer.

Waynesboro? (Grew up there) ... Doh! You said north end. <EmilyLitella>Never mind</EmilyLitella>

I like it up there. Spent some time in Winchester. Nice town.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Waynesboro? (Grew up there) ... Doh! You said north end. <EmilyLitella>Never mind</EmilyLitella>
    My paternal grandmother's family has been in the Bridgewater area since mid 1700s. I have ancestors buried all around those counties. It's beautiful there.

75Crazie - We could be cousins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My paternal grandmother's family has been in the Bridgewater area since mid 1700s. I have ancestors buried all around those counties. It's beautiful there.

75Crazie - We could be cousins!!!
    Wow. That was a shot at 75 Crazie from out of nowhere.

Wow. That was a shot at 75 Crazie from out of nowhere.
    Talk about a shot out of nowhere! I'm a good cousin. At least to the ones I like. Otherwise, they're my brothers' cousins.

Talk about a shot out of nowhere! I'm a good cousin. At least to the ones I like. Otherwise, they're my brothers' cousins.
    Hahaha! I'm just an ok cousin.

Hahaha! I'm just an ok cousin.
    I was actually a pretty lousy cousin ... but it wasn't my fault. My folks grew up in WA/ID and moved cross-country after graduation, so I grew up way away from the whole brood of cousins, who I never really got to know.

I will echo Aimo's observation: the Shenendoah valley is indeed beautiful. I grew up in Waynesboro lamenting the small-town atmosphere, and I have spent the rest of my life wondering what the heck I was thinking then. I would love to move back there, but The Boss has other priorities.

I was actually a pretty lousy cousin ... but it wasn't my fault. My folks grew up in WA/ID and moved cross-country after graduation, so I grew up way away from the whole brood of cousins, who I never really got to know.

I will echo Aimo's observation: the Shenendoah valley is indeed beautiful. I grew up in Waynesboro lamenting the small-town atmosphere, and I have spent the rest of my life wondering what the heck I was thinking then. I would love to move back there, but The Boss has other priorities.
    Why does Bruce Springsteen care where you live?

Why does Bruce Springsteen care where you live?
    I guess I should have said THE BOSS. Bruce may be "The Boss", but ...

I have a second cousin in that branch who grew up in different places b/c her dad was in the Air Force. She spent her high school years in Bridgewater and then went to James Madison in Harrisonburg. Actually, when she started, it was Madison College and all girls. Her ring says Madison but her diploma says JMU. Anyway, she then joined the Air Force and lived all over, finally retiring a few years back in San Antonio. Both of her parents died in the fall of 2014 in Bridgewater. She got the house, so she moved back, renovated the house, and is living the valley life now.

I have a second cousin in that branch who grew up in different places b/c her dad was in the Air Force. She spent her high school years in Bridgewater and then went to James Madison in Harrisonburg. Actually, when she started, it was Madison College and all girls. Her ring says Madison but her diploma says JMU. Anyway, she then joined the Air Force and lived all over, finally retiring a few years back in San Antonio. Both of her parents died in the fall of 2014 in Bridgewater. She got the house, so she moved back, renovated the house, and is living the valley life now.
    I'm guessing your second cousin was in Bridgewater within maybe a few years of the time I was at Waynesboro and the two high schools were both in the Valley District. I remember at least one football game, probably in 1970, that I traveled to Bridgewater to see. There were several smallish liberal arts oriented colleges within a short drive back then: Madison, Bridgewater, Mary Baldwin (in Staunton) ... all my faulty memory can dredge up at the moment. I was amazed when I was back there around 2010 at just how much JMU had grown.

Walla alert Aimo.

ever wander into the Roma restaurant in Stephens City? One of our favorite pit stops when heading southward...

Walla alert Aimo.
    Oh geez! Where?

I'm guessing your second cousin was in Bridgewater within maybe a few years of the time I was at Waynesboro and the two high schools were both in the Valley District. I remember at least one football game, probably in 1970, that I traveled to Bridgewater to see. There were several smallish liberal arts oriented colleges within a short drive back then: Madison, Bridgewater, Mary Baldwin (in Staunton) ... all my faulty memory can dredge up at the moment. I was amazed when I was back there around 2010 at just how much JMU had grown.
    She went to Turner Ashby. And, yes, JMU is insanely huge now.

She went to Turner Ashby. And, yes, JMU is insanely huge now.
    Hm, my memory is indeed faulty ... looks like TA was in fact the school I was referencing, since it is located in Bridgewater.