Page 2627 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 16272127252725772617262526262627262826292637267727273127 ... LastLast
Results 52,521 to 52,540 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My mom said I’d go blind. I just did it enough to need glasses.
    My mom said to always close your bathroom blinds so the creepers and tuggers can’t watch you make your dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My mom said to always close your bathroom blinds so the creepers and tuggers can’t watch you make your dirt.
    Pretty sure that was Jodie Foster in "Nell".

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Pretty sure that was Jodie Foster in "Nell".
    That’s what “Tay in the wind” meant?!?!

Please don’t please please don’t I beg of you. That movie was simply awful. The movie gods rightfully punished Jody for that film by foisting a relationship with Matthew McConaughey upon her in Contact.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Please don’t please please don’t I beg of you. That movie was simply awful. The movie gods rightfully punished Jody for that film by foisting a relationship with Matthew McConaughey upon her in Contact.
    I grew up in Mt Airy. I understood her. Also I would have a relationship with Matthew McConaughey.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    That’s a real chickabee thing to say.

That’s a real chickabee thing to say.
    Wordalord.

Anniversary day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anniversary day!
    So glad to someone else celebrating Dagobert III succeeding his father King Childebert III as King of the Franks! Thought it was just me.

So glad to someone else celebrating Dagobert III succeeding his father King Childebert III as King of the Franks! Thought it was just me.
    Marovingians > Carolingians. Fight me.

Marovingians > Carolingians. Fight me.
    Marovingians. Pfft. Congratulations on liking the crunchy peanut butter of the 7th century

day two of mulching has been completed. The applause sign is now lit.

Muhahahahahahah.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Summer 2020 I told my youngest son that he had to do something besides play video games all day. I knew it would have to be online, but it couldn't just be video games. He agreed to meeting a tutor via Zoom once a week as long as he got to pick the topic. What he chose to study was French medieval history, from Clovis to Charlemagne. I will ask him his opinion on the Merovingian vs. Carolingian dynasties. I will consider his opinion the final word on the matter regardless of what is said in the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Summer 2020 I told my youngest son that he had to do something besides play video games all day. I knew it would have to be online, but it couldn't just be video games. He agreed to meeting a tutor via Zoom once a week as long as he got to pick the topic. What he chose to study was French medieval history, from Clovis to Charlemagne. I will ask him his opinion on the Merovingian vs. Carolingian dynasties. I will consider his opinion the final word on the matter regardless of what is said in the LTE.
    Clovis and Charlemagne were the tops. Although Charlemagne’s dad had the coolest name (Pepin the Short).

I happened to be in Aachen two weeks ago, and saw Charlemagne’s throne and last resting place in the cathedral there.

In the fourteen centuries or so between the fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of Napoleon, Clovis and Charlemagne came closest to creating a somewhat unified Western/Central European empire. A very cool topic for your son to study!

Charlemagne:
    C3E719ED-14D5-4F3D-A69F-392EC303641B.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Clovis and Charlemagne were the tops. Although Charlemagne’s dad had the coolest name (Pepin the Short).

I happened to be in Aachen two weeks ago, and saw Charlemagne’s throne and last resting place in the cathedral there.

In the fourteen centuries or so between the fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of Napoleon, Clovis and Charlemagne came closest to creating a somewhat unified Western/Central European empire. A very cool topic for your son to study!
    Agreed. I continue to be amazed at the stuff my kids decide to learn on their own. To be fair, some of their interest comes from video games. All of my sons know way more medieval history than they were ever taught in school because they got interested in it when they played Assassin's Creed.

Charlemagne:
    C3E719ED-14D5-4F3D-A69F-392EC303641B.jpg
    I recall the time that Charlemagne, as a kid, went to LA on a dare. Those were the daze.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I recall the time that Charlemagne, as a kid, went to LA on a dare. Those were the daze.
    Would he go it alone?

Clean squat press.

Clean squat press.
    What constitutes a dirty squat press? Maybe I really don’t want to know. Never mind.