Page 2515 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15152015241524652505251325142515251625172525256526153015 ... LastLast
Results 50,281 to 50,300 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There was a massive shift (double checks his spelling) on the board several years ago when we suddenly had a much bigger platform. Something to do with Bleacher Report. At the time, our posters and readers increased dramatically.

With that added attention came some new posters with, um, different values and ideas about what was appropriate for DBR. I don't envy the job the mods had at that time, but there was some particular element that I don't think we ever recovered.
    I probably had fewer than 10 posts until the presidential thread, which I really enjoyed a couple of years ago. Then BD turned me on to this thread. So y'all can blame her. This thread very much fits with my stream-of-consciousness thought process and the love of not discussing anything...and discussing it at great depth. And I find that the people on here are exceptionally kind and I need that in my life. So consider this your yearly affirmation LTE: I think of you like family and you have helped me through some dark times recently. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I probably had fewer than 10 posts until the presidential thread, which I really enjoyed a couple of years ago. Then BD turned me on to this thread. So y'all can blame her. This thread very much fits with my stream-of-consciousness thought process and the love of not discussing anything...and discussing it at great depth. And I find that the people on here are exceptionally kind and I need that in my life. So consider this your yearly affirmation LTE: I think of you like family and you have helped me through some dark times recently. Thank you.
    This thread might not be the Optimist Thread of 2015, but I wholeheartedly agree that I've taken refuge/solace here in difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This thread might not be the Optimist Thread of 2015, but I wholeheartedly agree that I've taken refuge/solace here in difficult times.
    Yep. Nice place. Good folks.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Poor Jon.

-jk
    I think/hope that the core alumni fan base will give Jon a lot of room to succeed (and at times fail). He’s young and will need time to figure himself out. He’s very poised though and I think K will be lurking in the background telling any vocal critics, should they emerge, to kindly STFU.

It’s hard to imagine there not being some sort of drop off but we’ve got a nice pipeline the next few years so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think/hope that the core alumni fan base will give Jon a lot of room to succeed (and at times fail). He’s young and will need time to figure himself out. He’s very poised though and I think K will be lurking in the background telling any vocal critics, should they emerge, to kindly STFU.

It’s hard to imagine there not being some sort of drop off but we’ve got a nice pipeline the next few years so who knows.
    Poor Jon. I have all the diffidence (incorrect usage alert) in the world in our fanbase.

Why do I even bother posting on the EK Board? It's not like I have a crying need for aggravation, the Real World give me more than enough of that. But trying to be a Nice Guy over there just doesn't pay.

I probably come across as a clueless newbie on this LTE thread, but at least you guys don't try to rub my nose in it. It's just plain fun to hang out here.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Why do I even bother posting on the EK Board? It's not like I have a crying need for aggravation, the Real World give me more than enough of that. But trying to be a Nice Guy over there just doesn't pay.

I probably come across as a clueless newbie on this LTE thread, but at least you guys don't try to rub my nose in it. It's just plain fun to hang out here.
    Yeah. I shared that lament quite a bit last year in this thread. I think there are really about a handful of people who REALLY understand basketball at the granular level over there. And an infinite supply of people who are sure they do. This thread is much better. So...turkey kind of sucks as a meat. Please discuss. (You missed it, but I did a meat power ranking last year).

When I was at UNC there was a cool Franklin Street pizzeria named Peppers Pizza. It billed itself as a sunny place for shady people. That is how I view the LTE.

My wife is trying her hand at a. Ethiopian dish this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My wife is trying her hand at a. Ethiopian dish this evening.
    is that directly in response to a post about pizza? Backup plan?

So...turkey kind of sucks as a meat. Please discuss. (You missed it, but I did a meat power ranking last year).
    I'll bite. Turkey and chicken both go towards the bottom of the list in my book. I always go light on the turkey at Thanksgiving and all in on the accompaniments. The best thing about a turkey is the giblets that go into my wife's gravy recipe, which makes a dynamite combination with her cornbread stuffing. And we have a couple of go-to chicken recipes that are notable for the ingredients that completely disguise the blandness of the meat.

Game meats feature at the top of my list. One of the things that I miss about Colorado is the variety of restaurants that make use of elk, venison, duck, etc. Them's good eatin'.

I put the majestic chicken quite a bit ahead of turkey...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    is that directly in response to a post about pizza? Backup plan?
    No, I just wanted to formally register my surprise.

I rarely post on the main board anymore. If I want to talk hoops I tend to go over to Deeber where no one talks down to you if your opinion differs.

When I was at UNC there was a cool Franklin Street pizzeria named Peppers Pizza. It billed itself as a sunny place for shady people. That is how I view the LTE.
    I remember Pepper's. Great pizza, weird people. I think extra dark eyeliner was a requirement for working there, at least for the guys. That was where I saw that fight break out and watched a guy scoop a pizza (facedown) up off the floor and run out the door with it.

I agree with Weezie on the Wisconsin/Michigan thread. I never liked Juwan Howard when he played for Michigan, and I REALLY don't like him now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I rarely post on the main board anymore. If I want to talk hoops I tend to go over to Deeber where no one talks down to you if your opinion differs.
    Big part is knowing what kind of fan you are and how knowledgeable you actually are.

I’m pretty comfortable with both. This is fun for me and the games bring back fun memories. Very fortunate to have been at a school during a division 1 national championship. Heck of an experience in my best year of college.

thought process
    Ditching this would likely lead to more posts...just sayin'.

Each new day is a fresh start for all of us here.

And for those keeping track, today was the first mow of the year. Really just getting ready to cut it super short in a few weeks. Will probably cut it again next weekend so as not to overwhelm my trash bin.