Page 1513 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 51310131413146315031511151215131514151515231563161320132513 ... LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,260 of 67380
    I miss those chocolate cakes Costco used to carry - I think they weighed 7 pounds due to all the fudge on them. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Interesting. I identify more with the bootleggers than the revenuers.
    To each his/her own dear OPK. I just think the revenuers had cooler sunglasses.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    To each his/her own dear OPK. I just think the revenuers had cooler sunglasses.
    You have a valid point. I may need to reconsider my whole ideological paradigm vis-à-vis the historic cop/robber duality.

Outlaws in the West always had cooler hats than the Federales, so I'm still good there.

Touche. And better moustaches. Score even.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Just heard from T-Bone, he is in his dorm room. He has a sink in his room which is nice. He doesn't have to use the communal bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his hands regularly, not something you normally worry about in a dorm room but great for this year! Big room to himself.

To the community:

Ever just sit back and wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Just heard from T-Bone, he is in his dorm room. He has a sink in his room which is nice. He doesn't have to use the communal bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his hands regularly, not something you normally worry about in a dorm room but great for this year! Big room to himself.
    Very nice and lucky kid! I (not-so-fondly) remember the days of the "temporary triples" that Duke created in many dorms (on West Campus) in the 1970's, when, as the administration claimed, more admittees accepted Duke's admissions offers than in the past, and they had to put three kids in a room barely large enough for two. That was NOT a fun experience.

To the community:

Yes!

To the community:

Often. Always best accompanied with a nice glass of wine*.

*or beverage of your choice

greeted by amiable adolescent bear on our walk this morning, to the delight of our dog.

To the community:

I do, regularly.

Pro tip: don’t bring chili for lunch when you need to wear a mask right after eating.

Pro tip: don’t bring chili for lunch when you need to wear a mask right after eating.
    Don't recycle!

Is that along the same lines as "Don't burp into your mask after eating onions"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Is that along the same lines as "Don't burp into your mask after eating onions"?
    There is a strong correlation.

Jorts? Yea or nay?

Getting to launch for Turkapalooza at Holden Beach in a couple hours. Me and Mrs. Turk rolling solo; the Young Turks made their own arrangements; we'll be missing my oldest, Swee'Pea, who had school conflicts. Windsurfer, golfclubs, are locked and loaded. Got the official "all clear" email from the rental agency.

In other news; learned to dive stick in one of those old exploding Ford Pinto's on the hills of Pittsburgh - the emergency brake trick was nice to have in your back pocket, as is knowing how to roll-start 'em. Now they have some sort of "Sport Shift' option; I am unimpressed.

I would be sorely tempted in the hypothetical about retirement, if my employer might decide to offer some sort of buyout package, I would be tempted. We are academic empty nesters, so we get a couple more semesters under our belt, we can see if we need my income any more...

Would love love love a deeper dive into Scotland and the UK; have been twice for golf junkets; need to go back; managed roundabouts driving on the wrong side of the road.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Getting to launch for Turkapalooza at Holden Beach in a couple hours. Me and Mrs. Turk rolling solo; the Young Turks made their own arrangements; we'll be missing my oldest, Swee'Pea, who had school conflicts. Windsurfer, golfclubs, are locked and loaded. Got the official "all clear" email from the rental agency.

In other news; learned to dive stick in one of those old exploding Ford Pinto's on the hills of Pittsburgh - the emergency brake trick was nice to have in your back pocket, as is knowing how to roll-start 'em. Now they have some sort of "Sport Shift' option; I am unimpressed.

I would be sorely tempted in the hypothetical about retirement, if my employer might decide to offer some sort of buyout package, I would be tempted. We are academic empty nesters, so we get a couple more semesters under our belt, we can see if we need my income any more...

Would love love love a deeper dive into Scotland and the UK; have been twice for golf junkets; need to go back; managed roundabouts driving on the wrong side of the road.
    Almost got killed in Bermuda, riding a scooter on the “normal” side of the road and rounding a corner face-to-face with an oncoming bus.

I’ve enjoyed London and Ireland, would love to spend more time in both and to visit Scotland.

But hell — I’d like to go anywhere right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post

Almost got killed in Bermuda, riding a scooter on the “normal” side of the road and rounding a corner face-to-face with an oncoming bus.

I’ve enjoyed London and Ireland, would love to spend more time in both and to visit Scotland. Would love to do an EPL football junket around England.

But hell — I’d like to go anywhere right about now. Moving DaughterPK into her college apartment is the biggest vacation I am getting since all of this crap began!

Favorite quote from a local when I visited Edinburgh (as a chaperone with a bunch of middle schoolers), the adults gathered after curfew at the restaurant/bar next to our hotel. We were sampling whiskeys that night, including a bottle someone had purchased on a tour earlier in the day. We offered our waiter a taste (warning him that we may have made a mistake with our purchase) "Never say no to whiskey". But he agreed with us that it wasn't the best.

I will take the lazy way to the remote bar and will visit by boat.