Page 1141 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1416411041109111311139114011411142114311511191124116412141 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,820 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    take care of his business
    Tell him Takin' Care of Business is a decade to twelve years too early and well just doesn't have what it takes to be in this contest.

Apparently I got a bit too much sun yesterday.

Finally! The one perfect spring day here in the mid-Atlantic.
    Divine.
    Next up 89 degrees, humid, storms, July.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Finally! The one perfect spring day here in the mid-Atlantic.
    Divine.
    Next up 89 degrees, humid, storms, July.
    We have four seasons in Georgia:

Rainy Season
    Pollen Season
    Hotter Than Hades Season
    Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We have four seasons in Georgia:

Rainy Season
    Pollen Season
    Hotter Than Hades Season
    Football Season
    Everything's bigger in Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tell him Takin' Care of Business is a decade to twelve years too early and well just doesn't have what it takes to be in this contest.
    More for my benefit; it's around the same timeframe, but I had a different theme in mind. "You're taking this very personal. Turk, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal..."

We will get to see both of the "masculine children" this weekend, I think. Plan is to give them hugs and kisses, fill them full of multi-generational Easter cooking, send them off with a good haul of sweets (except of course the various York and Reese's products that I skim off the top - just enough to "wet my beak" if you will), and let them handle their end-of-semester business as they see fit without taking it "personal".
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    More for my benefit; it's around the same timeframe, but I had a different theme in mind. "You're taking this very personal. Turk, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal..."

We will get to see both of the "masculine children" this weekend, I think. Plan is to give them hugs and kisses, fill them full of multi-generational Easter cooking, send them off with a good haul of sweets (except of course the various York and Reese's products that I skim off the top - just enough to "wet my beak" if you will), and let them handle their end-of-semester business as they see fit without taking it "personal".
    The House is entitled to a rake.

The House is entitled to a rake.
    “Women are the rake of life”

— Rounders

(Note that I do not subscribe to this theory.)

In a Piano Man kinda mood tonight.

In a Piano Man kinda mood tonight.
    In a New York state of mind.

Some jerk backed into my car in a parking lot and mooshed the rear passenger fender thing. Nearly 3k worth of damage.
    And I say some jerk because I discovered it as I unloaded groceries at home. Hit and run.
    Off to the underwriter nice and early this am to have them confirm the damage.
    Phoooooooey.

Some jerk backed into my car in a parking lot and mooshed the rear passenger fender thing. Nearly 3k worth of damage.
    And I say some jerk because I discovered it as I unloaded groceries at home. Hit and run.
    Phoooooooey.
    People are lame.

Planting my herbs and veggies today. All new soil, new drainage rocks, all new plants. One more trip to Lowe’s and everything should be done in an hour. I am pooped.

Phoooooooey.
    Ouch, sorry to hear this. Unfun.

Phoooooooey.
    X2 X2 Unfun and people are lame. Similar thing happened to me 16 years ago in April while I was in grad school.

Planting my herbs and veggies today. All new soil, new drainage rocks, all new plants. One more trip to Lowe’s and everything should be done in an hour. I am pooped.
    Sounds like time for a hailstorm...

(Such is my luck with gardening!)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Sounds like time for a hailstorm...

(Such is my luck with gardening!)

-jk
    Good gravy, what a crappy day here. I was out in the cold wind rain and wind every time I tried to get this project done.

But it’s done. No hail expected (fingers crossed).

Herbs: dill, chives, Italian parsley, rosemary, oregano, sage, lemon thyme, mint, sweet basil.

Veggies/fruit: heirloom zucchini (2), four types of tomatoes (Roma, red cherry, yellow cherry, beefsteak), three types of bell peppers (red, sweet yellow/orange hybrids, mildly hot bells), squash, okra.

Flowers/color tomorrow. Big fan of Scarlet Begonias for some reason.

Good gravy, what a crappy day here. I was out in the cold wind rain and wind every time I tried to get this project done.

But it’s done. No hail expected (fingers crossed).

Herbs: dill, chives, Italian parsley, rosemary, oregano, sage, lemon thyme, mint, sweet basil.

Veggies/fruit: heirloom zucchini (2), four types of tomatoes (Roma, red cherry, yellow cherry, beefsteak), three types of bell peppers (red, sweet yellow/orange hybrids, mildly hot bells), squash, okra.

Flowers/color tomorrow. Big fan of Scarlet Begonias for some reason.
    Congrats!

My wife tells me how her father was sneaking/leaving bags of zucchini on neighbors porches when she was a kid. They found some on their porch, too. Apparently, you have to be careful with that crop or it'll take over the neighborhood!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Congrats!

My wife tells me how her father was sneaking/leaving bags of zucchini on neighbors porches when she was a kid. They found some on their porch, too. Apparently, you have to be careful with that crop or it'll take over the neighborhood!

-jk
    That’s why you have to play hide the zucchini.

Um, that didn’t come out quite right . . . .

Our family did a cooking class in Rome last year, and one of the spring delicacies there is stuffed zucchini blossoms. So last year I planed zucchini but used most of the flowering buds for that. There is a difference between the male and female buds, and which you should use — will be Googling such things in about 45 days and hoping it does not put me on a weird NSA list.

The last time I planted, I was overrun with zucchini.