Page 1742 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 74212421642169217321740174117421743174417521792184222422742 ... LastLast
Results 34,821 to 34,840 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The stew thickens?
    Too much corn starch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Arrow's back surgery is tomorrow, btw.
    Good luck, we’ll be thinking about y’all!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    y’all!
    I would argue that the things the South has gotten unquestionably correct are cooking, sweet tea and the term "y'all". It is easily our best term and everyone else's plural term for a group is awkward and unwieldy. You’uns, Yinz, Youse are just embarrassing. Y'all won. Just stop it the reat of America. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would argue that the things the South has gotten unquestionably correct are cooking, sweet tea and the term "y'all". It is easily our best term and everyone else's plural term for a group is awkward and unwieldy. You’uns, Yinz, Youse are just embarrassing. Y'all won. Just stop it the reat of America. Stop it.
    Agree 100%. You’uns and Yinz are abominations. They belong on the Island of Dr Moreau for word contractions along with mightn’t and cuppa.

Yes. I remember the first time I heard Yinz and just being mortified for the speaker. And I know I sound like a country bumpkin, which is strange for someone who speaks at conferences for a living...but thank God I don't say THAT.

And I find cuppa to be endearing. I'm a closet Anglophile, while still thinking the monarchy is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Arrow's back surgery is tomorrow, btw.
    Thinking of you today, BD.

Southern cooking has many many fine attributes, but the tradition of boiling vegetables to death should be stopped. A meat and three blobs (sides)...

Yes. I remember the first time I heard Yinz and just being mortified for the speaker. And I know I sound like a country bumpkin, which is strange for someone who speaks at conferences for a living...but thank God I don't say THAT.

And I find cuppa to be endearing. I'm a closet Anglophile, while still thinking the monarchy is silly.
    Yinz comes from a tradition of people in the upper mid-Atlantic saying words like they hate them. Very specific accent. They chew on words and mutter them through the side of their mouths. For example, Cheryl isn’t “share-all” to them, it’s chewed up and spit out quickly as “SURE-el”. All the sure is up front and is spit out in a rush the “el” a skin tag on the back end.

This is what I’m having for breakfast.
    A011C9BF-2E9D-463E-84BD-B4D053812861.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Is muppet considered a meat or grain?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Southern cooking has many many fine attributes, but the tradition of boiling vegetables to death should be stopped. A meat and three blobs (sides)...
    This is true of everything except green beans. Green beans should be cooked into Oblivion and taste like whatever meat you put in the pot 14 hours ago to make them palatable.

I have a friend who uses Sam the eagle for my profile picture in his contacts. So. Yeah. And he's not wrong to say I look like that, minus the cyanosis.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is muppet considered a meat or grain?
    Fiber.

I forget, what does Rita sing in this episode? I can only think of her singing the punctuation song from Electric Company.

I have a friend who uses Sam the eagle for my profile picture in his contacts. So. Yeah. And he's not wrong to say I look like that, minus the cyanosis.
    My wife's aunt looks uncannily like Mokey Fraggle. This was literally my first thought upon meeting her. I mean this in loving and complimentary fashion, but weirdly, most other people don’t see it that way.
    D096717B-EE34-46E3-BCD2-353766100249.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I forget, what does Rita sing in this episode? I can only think of her singing the punctuation song from Electric Company.
    It’s a jazzy, lounge-style rendition of ‘Fever’, but Animal’s capabilities for subtlety on the drums are...limited.

I don't look like a Picasso painting or anything but I also don't look like Matthew McConaughey. I am imitation vanilla and not Tahitian vanilla.

My wife's aunt looks uncannily like Mokey Fraggle. This was literally my first thought upon meeting her. I mean this in loving and complimentary fashion, but weirdly, most other people don’t see it that way.
    D096717B-EE34-46E3-BCD2-353766100249.jpg
    This is my godmother.
    Character.zeldarose.jpg

It’s a jazzy, lounge-style rendition of ‘Fever’, but Animal’s capabilities for subtlety on the drums are...limited.
    Yes! Now I remember! Great act!

I don't look like a Picasso painting or anything but I also don't look like Matthew McConaughey. I am imitation vanilla and not Tahitian vanilla.
    Well, as another poster pointed out recently, you should Google where imitation vanilla flavoring comes from. I wish I hadn't.