Page 1656 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 65611561556160616461654165516561657165816661706175621562656 ... LastLast
Results 33,101 to 33,120 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Beans, onions, and chives - that's like 6 servings of vegetables right there.
    3AF79073-AD69-41A9-82CF-E0623BD9DB7D.jpg

Actually having leftovers from DaughterPK’s requested dinner last night. From top to bottom:

Chives (homegrown greens)
    Bacon (American staple)
    Sour Cream (dairy)
    Cheddar (better dairy)
    Ground Venison (protein)
    Onions (let’s go with veggie)
    Tomatoes (veggie)
    Dark Lima beans (legumes)
    Spices (what life is about)
    Potato skin (Irish Soul Food).

Gin and tonic (anti-malarial).

A healthy meal by any definition.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We don't know that, though, do we?
    SOMEBODY has to hold the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    SOMEBODY has to hold the camera.
    1. You raise a good point.

2. Ewwww.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We saw an impressively large crocodile while paddling in the Everglades today. Quite a thrill.
    How close?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    3AF79073-AD69-41A9-82CF-E0623BD9DB7D.jpg

Actually having leftovers from DaughterPK’s requested dinner last night. From top to bottom:

Chives (homegrown greens)
    Bacon (American staple)
    Sour Cream (dairy)
    Cheddar (better dairy)
    Ground Venison (protein)
    Onions (let’s go with veggie)
    Tomatoes (veggie)
    Dark Lima beans (legumes)
    Spices (what life is about)
    Potato skin (Irish Soul Food).

Gin and tonic (anti-malarial).

A healthy meal by any definition.
    I'm still available for adoption by the OPK family. Can we substitute the dark lima beans though? While I think those who eat lima beans are terribly brave, I myself am terrified of them.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm still available for adoption by the OPK family. Can we substitute the dark lima beans though? While I think those who eat lima beans are terribly brave, I myself am terrified of them.
    Adoptions are available, but you may want to try the 30 day test run first.

Not sure I’ve ever equated a legume with terror before. I’ll have to ponder that. But yeah, we can skip the beans and either go no filler, or maybe corn kernels.

Adoptions are available, but you may want to try the 30 day test run first.

Not sure I’ve ever equated a legume with terror before. I’ll have to ponder that. But yeah, we can skip the beans and either go no filler, or maybe corn kernels.
    Lima beans are terrifying. They are a vile, disgusting legume. I would have assumed we could all agree with this. Having said that, one of the best appetizers I have ever had in my life was in Hattiesburg, Mississippi at a really good restaurant called Cotton Blue. They had a lima bean dip that was presumably infused with rainbows, children's smiles and essence of unicorn. I don't know how they did it, but this lima bean dish was magical. Now, let's never discuss lima beans again.

I like lima beans. I will eat other's share if needed.

I like lima beans. I will eat other's share if needed.
    I reported this to JK and I hope you get a permanent ban and this thread gets locked. Congratulations.

I reported this to JK and I hope you get a permanent ban and this thread gets locked. Congratulations.
    My portion of liver is now on your plate...

My portion of liver is now on your plate...
    I overreacted. I deserved that.

What about butter beans? They are a form of Lima bean. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lima_bean

No butter beans, no Brunswick Stew.
    No Brunswick Stew, no proof that God exists.

Sorry, I’m not joining y’all’s heathen cult. Lima beans rock.

Anyone have recommendations for a free video editing software for your PC that works well with iPhone videos? Free and not fancy are the key, just doing a fun little project. No Michael Bay theatrics here.

What about butter beans? They are a form of Lima bean. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lima_bean

No butter beans, no Brunswick Stew.
    No Brunswick Stew, no proof that God exists.

Sorry, I’m not joining y’all’s heathen cult. Lima beans rock.
    I will allow that lima and butter beans in soups and stews can be delicious, but only because they soak up the liquid. They have no good qualities on their own.

I will allow that lima and butter beans in soups and stews can be delicious, but only because they soak up the liquid. They have no good qualities on their own.
    Health Benefits

Beans are packed with protein, fiber, and other nutrients, making them a superfood.

Lima beans are an especially good source of iron. One cup of lima beans contains roughly one quarter of your daily recommended iron.

Other health benefits of lima beans include:

Diabetes Control

Legumes such as lima beans are a low-glycemic index food, making them a great choice for people with diabetes. Beans are also rich in soluble fiber, which helps your body absorb carbohydrates more slowly and regulates your blood sugar levels. Foods that are high in fiber can also aid in weight control by making you feel full longer.

Digestive Health

In addition to containing soluble fiber that your body can digest, beans also contain insoluble fiber, sometimes known as roughage. While your body cannot digest this type of fiber, it helps aid digestion by helping stool pass through your gut more quickly. Maintaining a diet that’s high in fiber can help you avoid constipation, which can lead to hemorrhoids.

Heart Health

Lima beans have a creamy texture but are low in fat. Since they are a plant food, they don't contain cholesterol. And because they aren’t processed, they don’t contain trans fats. Most of the fat found in lima beans is healthier, polyunsaturated fat. When you regularly choose foods with polyunsaturated fats over saturated fats, you can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.

Prevent Anemia

Anemia is a blood disorder that can be caused by not getting enough iron in your diet. People with anemia lack the healthy red blood cells needed to carry oxygen throughout their body, which can lead to fatigue, shortness of breath, and even organ damage. Women who are menstruating have an increased risk of developing anemia. The iron found in lima beans can help prevent iron-deficiency anemia.
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-lima-beans#1

They are, in many ways, a magical fruit. Er, legume.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-lima-beans#1

They are, in many ways, a magical fruit. Er, legume.
    Great job QAbean.

Great job QAbean.
    Well, the fact that I am hoping to represent the Greater North American Lima Bean Growers Association (“GNALBGA”) in upcoming trade negotiations may have something to do with my enthusiasm tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a free video editing software for your PC that works well with iPhone videos? Free and not fancy are the key, just doing a fun little project. No Michael Bay theatrics here.

I go through periods where I need this capability as well as software with photo editing abilities. I end up googling and then downloading several before getting the tasks done. And then subsequently deleting them.

So, sorry, no good recs. I'm a drain on society today.

Well, the fact that I am hoping to represent the Greater North American Lima Bean Growers Association (“GNALBGA”) in upcoming trade negotiations may have something to do with my enthusiasm tbh.
    Otherwise known as sharing the love...

I go through periods where I need this capability as well as software with photo editing abilities. I end up googling and then downloading several before getting the tasks done. And then subsequently deleting them.

So, sorry, no good recs. I'm a drain on society today.
    Ok, thanks. Yeah, this isn't turning into an amateur hobby or anything, just short term use.