Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DFife90 View Post
    Go back and look at the huddle before the last play. Coach K is not talking to Cam at all . . . until right at the end. He looks at Cam and says, “You’ll make it.” That’s Coach K! That’s Duke basketball!
    I did go back. That's exactly what happened. Cam got only one remark directed to him. K is as good a psychologist as he is coach.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. Yet, their last 3 FT shoulda been 2 FT as the foot sure looked to be on the line. But no replay/review there.

Water under the dam(n) now. Or, is that water over the bridge?
    Water-hammer pulse? Passing water?
    What a game...what a day for triangle basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    I actually said in the game thread they should run a play for Cam. Good thing Coach K is as smart as me, lol kidding of course. But Cam is a much better catch and shoot guy than RJ. Or at least today he was. RJ needs to catch and take a dribble or two usually to get a rhythm. No time for that with 2.8 seconds left.
    Unless your name is Laettner...

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    I actually said in the game thread they should run a play for Cam. Good thing Coach K is as smart as me, lol kidding of course. But Cam is a much better catch and shoot guy than RJ. Or at least today he was. RJ needs to catch and take a dribble or two usually to get a rhythm. No time for that with 2.8 seconds left.
    One C. Laettner might disagree (2.1 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    I'm just so, so happy for Cam Reddish. No more funk. At least for the present.
    Cam needed this to happen. He is a winner and the team needs him playing at this level. Cam needs to build on this game and keep it going. Zion will be back I am sure,but this has to be team building game. Great sports psychology from Coach K.
    Jones was great, but missed his mid range shots he usually hits. White was off on his shots. Barrett was fantastic.Bolden was battling, but both he and DeLaurier need to anticipate missed shots of the backboard better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I swear he was eyeing that replay in the last timeout seeing if he could switch the call back. Sheesh.
    I thought the same thing. A couple of FSU guys were pointing to something. This after the overhead shot of the play shown by ESPN. I believe Coach would have went ballistic if they had changed the call. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Big deal!

I changed seats on the couch with my husband at the half.
    My son ran back to put his Kennard Jersey for the last play!!!!!!!!! Max gets partial credit.

Cam critics...Shhhhhh! He is bigtime.

This is a mentally tough TEAM. Everyone has a role to play, and they play hard together and look like they love each other. They are more than Zion. They don’t care who gets the credit or the attention. They are happy for each other’s success. They get the job done. Very proud of all of them tonight.

Why it is okay to LOATHE ESPN...and their pander to Duke hate

They are featuring a video now that is titled "Controversial Call that Set Up Duke's Win." What a bunch of total horsesheeeeeeoooottttt

Clearly that ball was Duke ball....did NOT hit Jack White, period.

Lost all sorts of bets in ACC wager challenge...but who cares? Great frickin win. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    One C. Laettner might disagree (2.1 seconds)
    lol definitely true but RJ is more of a facing the basket guy. Florida State defenders were good taking away his space and are long and athletic. Would've been a much tougher time trying to get to a spot where he's comfortable.

Best play of the game was Jack using his Flash superpowers to move ever so slightly to miss hitting the ball at 2.8 seconds. Brilliant!
    ~rthomas

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking I don’t post much usually just “Lurk”.But after watching this game on my watch screen TV with stop action I just have to note how deceptive it is to watch on television. On the screen it clearly looks like our guys were getting called for touch fouls and at the same time we’re getting physically beaten up with no calls. Just goes to show you how my sight ihas gone south over the years.

Anyway a lot of the players had excellent games to make this happen. Won’r try to name them all they know who they are and know how well they played. But a special shout out to Cam for getting back to form and then sealing the deal.

DDoc74
    (Also El Gallo ‘70, shout out to hoof n horn )

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    That win required a special team. Not good, not great, but special. Just think of what we were up against:
    • A second half without arguably the best player in the country
    • A hostile road environment where it felt llike were playing 5 on 7 (an extra player for the crowd, and another for the refs *cough cough* TV Ted *cough cough*)
    • A team that arguably matches up as well against us as any in the country athletically, but with experience
    • The worst game of the year, arguably, from both our captains and primary role players
    • As Dickie V had to mention over and over and over, bad history against FSU when it comes to upsets
    • A hell of a lot of bounces (FTs, 50-50 calls, FSU making tough shots) not going our way

And still, we pulled it off. I can't think of a Duke team in the past 5 years that could've done what this team just did in those circumstances.

This game could/should get Cam's confidence back in droves. It came pretty darn close to redeeming R.J.'s struggles down the stretch against Gonzaga (the missed FT was all that stood in the way of full redemption). It showed that Marques Bolden can stand up to punishment from some of the best bigs in the country. And, finally, it showed we can beat a Top-15 team on the road without the presumptive Wooden Award leader.

Special.
    I agree it was special but it was pretty similar to the win last season against Michigan State when Bagley got poked in the eye and we needed a team effort with a hot hand from Grayson to win. The biggest difference is we were on the road with TV Ted. Go Duke.

A photo on ESPN's site shows the moment Zion suffered the eye injury.
    Someone less charitable than me might wonder whether that claw to the eyes was deliberate.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ent-eye-injury

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post
    Someone less charitable than me might wonder whether that claw to the eyes was deliberate.

The FSU players are was extended outward after Zion went down...and he was slamming Zion's off arm with his other arm too...it was a total double hack...no call.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Brilliant play call. I thought Cam might be the number two option on the play, but it really looked like he was number one and RJ was a decoy.

This really bodes well for the rest of the season. Cam got out of his own way and just played ball. I really happy for the him.
    Jones threaded the ball perfectly to Cam in a great position to shoot it. The pass was almost as good as the shot

Zion's injury

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatians98 View Post

Glad you said that. I was thinking it when I saw this picture. And, why was there no stoppage of play?

Was not able to see the game. Now that I know from DBR that TV Teddy was officiating, I may not watch it. I thought he was no longer calling ACC games?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDevil View Post
    My son ran back to put his Kennard Jersey for the last play!!!!!!!!! Max gets partial credit.
    There ya go! Have to start them when they're young. Good son Max!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The FSU players are was extended outward after Zion went down...and he was slamming Zion's off arm with his other arm too...it was a total double hack...no call.
    It might just be me, but it seemed Coach K did not seem to cordial to Hamilton in the walk through post game. He got to see the physical play close up. GoDuke!