Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    JJ is having another nice night. He had a dud 3 or 4 games ago but was inserted into the starting lineup (in place of an injured Lonzo, I believe) and has been performing well. I'd hoped he'd be a regular starter in NO and produce another age-defying increase in PPG but seems unlikely...NO also needs to get things figured out if they keep JJ's career playoff appearance streak alive.
    JJ will be fine. He'll be in a trade dealine deal to some contender. It's clear that NO needs to focus on all of their youth and unless Zion comes back soon and is the second coming, the playoffs will be out of reach this year. Wait until January and trade JJ to some team that needs another shooter and grab another pick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    JJ will be fine. He'll be in a trade dealine deal to some contender. It's clear that NO needs to focus on all of their youth and unless Zion comes back soon and is the second coming, the playoffs will be out of reach this year. Wait until January and trade JJ to some team that needs another shooter and grab another pick or two.
    Yeah. I like this approach. Ironically, I could see JJ back with Milwaukee or the Clippers.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Did I read that Cam got ejected because of two flagrant fouls?

He has so much upside, but his season has been up and down. Between last year at Duke and this new NBA season -- I think most of his challenges (yes he's had some injuries) is figuring out where he fits in and settling down. Aka dialing in what's between the ears.

And then I remember he's only 20. And I still see him having the potential of being an impact player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post

He has so much upside, but his season has been up and down. Between last year at Duke and this new NBA season -- I think most of his challenges (yes he's had some injuries) is figuring out where he fits in and settling down. Aka dialing in what's between the ears.

And then I remember he's only 20. And I still see him having the potential of being an impact player in the NBA.
    Two flagrant 1's. One in the 2nd Q, one in the 4th Q.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    JJ is having another nice night. He had a dud 3 or 4 games ago but was inserted into the starting lineup (in place of an injured Lonzo, I believe) and has been performing well. I'd hoped he'd be a regular starter in NO and produce another age-defying increase in PPG but seems unlikely...NO also needs to get things figured out if they keep JJ's career playoff appearance streak alive.
    Well, since being re-inserted to the starting lineup, he's averaging over 20 ppg on around 50% three-point shooting, over which time NO is 2-1. Small sample size, but positive trend line.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Two flagrant 1's. One in the 2nd Q, one in the 4th Q.
    Haven't seen the video, but it probably wasn't as flagrant as Myles Garrett's offense last night against Steelers QB Mason Rudolph>
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Haven't seen the video, but it probably wasn't as flagrant as Myles Garrett's offense last night against Steelers QB Mason Rudolph>
    What's the basketball equivalent? Taking your shoe off and using it as a weapon? Hiring Gilbert Arenas to be your on court bodyguard?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Through 11 NBA games Cam is shooting 25% from the floor, 19% from three. These are unacceptable shooting numbers if you want to be even a bench player in the NBA. I was of the opinion while Cam was at Duke that his shooting form had serious flaws. While I’m FAR from an expert on the subject, it seemed to my amateur eye to be plainly obvious. I don’t know if he has made any changes to his stroke since leaving Duke, but if not, he might consider doing so.

Shooting guards need to be able to SHOOT, and well. I like Cam and watch his games whenever possible and always look for any highlights as well as his game-to-game stats. I hope the Hawks have a great shooting coach on staff. Maybe he can help Cam figure out what he needs to do to find a consistently-good stroke. If not, he won’t stick in this league regardless of where he was drafted or his other attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Through 11 NBA games Cam is shooting 25% from the floor, 19% from three. These are unacceptable shooting numbers if you want to be even a bench player in the NBA. I was of the opinion while Cam was at Duke that his shooting form had serious flaws. While I’m FAR from an expert on the subject, it seemed to my amateur eye to be plainly obvious. I don’t know if he has made any changes to his stroke since leaving Duke, but if not, he might consider doing so.

Shooting guards need to be able to SHOOT, and well. I like Cam and watch his games whenever possible and always look for any highlights as well as his game-to-game stats. I hope the Hawks have a great shooting coach on staff. Maybe he can help Cam figure out what he needs to do to find a consistently-good stroke. If not, he won’t stick in this league regardless of where he was drafted or his other attributes.
    Watching Cam shoot at Duke was infuriating, as he seemed to drift to the side while shooting. He seemed to have a form that was not repeatable. I chalked that up to the stories of him dealing with injuries while at Duke. Maybe he's just a terrible shooter who was able to mask that by being much taller and more athletic than his HS comp. Time will tell, but he won't have long to show or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What's the basketball equivalent? Taking your shoe off and using it as a weapon? Hiring Gilbert Arenas to be your on court bodyguard?
    Taking somebody else's shoe off and hitting them on the head with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Gilbert Arenas and shoes ... so many stories ... starting with number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Taking somebody else's shoe off and hitting them on the head with it.
    if the shoe was also double-heavy PVC plastic weighing a couple of pounds. Had the helmet struck the QB squarely in the head, it could have broken his skull and/or caused serious or permanent brain damage. Dude deserves to be suspended for the rest of the season. Maybe even next year too.
    As i'm learning from watching CSPAN since Wed., just b/c the suspect is unsuccessful in actually pulling off the crime does not mean that s/he is innocent in the attempt to commit the crime.
    Can football players be impeached from the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    if the shoe was also double-heavy PVC plastic weighing a couple of pounds. Had the helmet struck the QB squarely in the head, it could have broken his skull and/or caused serious or permanent brain damage. Dude deserves to be suspended for the rest of the season. Maybe even next year too.
    As i'm learning from watching CSPAN since Wed., just b/c the suspect is unsuccessful in actually pulling off the crime does not mean that s/he is innocent in the attempt to commit the crime.
    Can football players be impeached from the NFL?
    I think he deserves to be thrown out of football - permanently. That was an assault with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I think he deserves to be thrown out of football - permanently. That was an assault with a deadly weapon.
    It may have been criminal assault. He should face charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Man, that was crazy, wasn’t it?? I was watching a replay of the incident last night and when it came to the part where Garrett aggressively grabbed Rudolph’s facemask, jerked him around by it while twisting his neck, then ripped the helmet off his head, and THEN swung with great rage and forcibly hit him (Rudolph) on the head, well, my mouth was just hanging open in shocked disbelief. I don’t even know what else to say. I was, and still am, at a loss for words on this one.

JJ scored 26 as the Pels beat the Warriors 108-100. No other Duke players played since they were all injured. Great

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    JJ scored 26 as the Pels beat the Warriors 108-100. No other Duke players played since they were all injured. Great
    Must be foot injuries

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Must be foot injuries
    no, they spread it around this time with an ankle and a neck I believe..

Comedian Dave Chappelle visits a Lakers practic and gets a lesson in step-back jumpers from Quinn Cook
    https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28110514

Cam Gets Discussed in The Ringer