Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    When Van Pelt did the highlights tonight, he pointed out that VT couldn’t afford to lose to the cheaters b/c it would now be considered a bad loss. Oh how the mighty [cheating bastards] have fallen.
    no jinxess. be careful here with 'woofing' - UNC lost to VT without Brandon Robinson and Anthony by in 2OT and shoulda beaten Clemson too. Clemson who we lost to. ANYONE can beat ANYONE in ACC - not having Cole A and then Brandon Robinson was a big help to VT tonight. I am a HUUGE Duke fan but no jinxes. I will be interested to see them w Robinson back.. I hope they don't get ANthony

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    no jinxess. be careful here with 'woofing' - UNC lost to VT without Brandon Robinson and Anthony by in 2OT and shoulda beaten Clemson too. Clemson who we lost to. ANYONE can beat ANYONE in ACC - not having Cole A and then Brandon Robinson was a big help to VT tonight. I am a HUUGE Duke fan but no jinxes. I will be interested to see them w Robinson back.. I hope they don't get ANthony
    Easy now. They are 1-6.

Due to the ACC network, I just saw the end of the game again. ZHeels still looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    True, they weren’t earth shattering before Anthony was injured. It may give them a mental lift/jolt more than stats can predict when he returns but who can be sure.

5-8 in their final 13 would put them at 13-18, 6-14 heading to Greensboro. Would likely need to win 5 games in 5 days to dance. Not sure if the Kenpom 5-8 prediction has Anthony’s return built into the algorithm but if they do indeed go 5-8 the rest of the way, they won’t even play in the NIT this season. Honestly, I think after the ACC Tournament if they don’t win it they may voluntarily end their season even if by some wild chance they’re invited to an invitational.
    Kenpom does not take into account injuries.

I just took a look at the league standings and a little tear formed in the corner of my eye and warm feeling came over me.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup. But the two games against State are probably wins. Because, State.

(Packman, we’re looking at you)
    Unfortunately, Roy owns the Pack (obscene 35-4 all time) and they lay down like good little puppies on his command. Hope this year is different but wont surprise me if they fold up in both games, costing them the tourney bid.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    yes, unfortunately, reports of the heels demise are greatly exaggerated. I fully expect them to go 17-12 9-9, steal a game in the ACC tournament and get like a seventh seed in the NCAAs over several much more deserving teams.

Some games last night in the ACC though! 10 points to decide 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Unfortunately, Roy owns the Pack (obscene 35-4 all time) and they lay down like good little puppies on his command. Hope this year is different but wont surprise me if they fold up in both games, costing them the tourney bid.
    We are afraid Roy will shoot us if we win... He's made threats us know.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    A Louisville fan came on IC to tell them it was their payback season for all the cheating they'd done. They actually went back and forth with him, and someone suggested that he go to an Italian restaurant and perform a sexual act on himself. The mods must have been too depressed to do anything.
    The floor is the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    yes, unfortunately, reports of the heels demise are greatly exaggerated. I fully expect them to go 17-12 9-9, steal a game in the ACC tournament and get like a seventh seed in the NCAAs over several much more deserving teams.

Some games last night in the ACC though! 10 points to decide 4 games.
    absolutely. The league is so mediocre they could easily win a bunch in a row when Anthony comes back...get them to 11 league losses and I'll feel better...that's why last night's loss was so gratifying.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    cheats looked good
    I went to bed with UNC up 9 & VT couldn't make a wide open jumper. I woke about an hour later, (my normal insomnia) went to the couch & turned on SC..I am thinking well no way UNC didn't win but with a sliver of hope I pull up DBR on my phone and see posts like the one from devildeac. My heart so filled with joy, I went to my computer to watch the last 10 minutes and OT.

Dadgum, that is hard way to lose. Is there just a small part of me buried deep inside that feels just a speck of sadness for the CHEATS?

NO!

Come on Miami. Make it 7.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    This is about right. I would bet the farm that the pack lays an egg and rolls over and plays dead and drops both games to the holes.I really hope I,m wrong but Roy does seem to own them.I despise anything to do with the cheats,but it would not surprise me if they don't go on some kind of run when Anthony comes back,steal a game in the acc tourney, and sneak in to the big dance and make all of the ESPN clowns giddy!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    absolutely. The league is so mediocre they could easily win a bunch in a row when Anthony comes back...get them to 11 league losses and I'll feel better...that's why last night's loss was so gratifying.
    Last night's loss, ALL of unc's losses, are so gratifying for SO many reasons.

There is not room on the internet for me to list all the reasons unc losses are gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I don’t wish bad things for the kids. But, the program? Yes. The coach? Yes. The fans? God yes.
    This is how I feel toward uncheat. There have been far more players at cheatville that I like than those I despise. This is how I rank the things I despise: 1) 99% of their stupid fans. 2) the entire athletic program and what they stand for. Wins at all costs, in other words cheat in every way possible. 3) Those stupid banners they won by cheating.
    4) ESPN for hardly mentioning the cheating/fraud. 5) Dean Smith, he started the cheating. 6) Frank McGuire. He probably drew up the blue print for cheating. 7)That ugly ram. 8) Any announcer that excuses said fraud(you Jay). 9) ole roy, yes you knew. 10) Bubba for lying through it all.
    Whew, glad I got that off my chest.

GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 01-23-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    This is how I feel toward uncheat. There have far more players at cheatville that I like than those I despise. This how I rank the things I despise: 1) 99% of their stupid fans. 2) the entire athletic program and what they stand for. Wins at all costs, in other words cheat in every way possible. 3) Those stupid banners they won by cheating.
    4) ESPN for hardly mentioning the cheating/fraud. 5) Dean Smith, he started the cheating. 6) Frank McGuire. He probably drew up the blue print for cheating. 7)That ugly ram. 8) Any announcer that excuses said fraud(you Jay). 9) ole roy, yes you knew. 10) Bubba for lying through it all.
    Whew, glad I got that off my chest.

GoDuke!
    Way to go jv001.That sums up my feelings entirely of those cheating bags of horse dung at the dump on the hump!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Agreed. And I know this is my pessimism getting the better of me, but it just feels like the universe is setting us up. My fear is UNC keeps losing... until we play them. Duke’s margin for error is not that great and if Anthony comes back he is capable of going nuts against us. Before the season my expectations were relatively low but then we were playing amazing defense. Now it feels like we are playing more to the level I expected, which makes every game a possible loss. Luckily the ACC is terrible, but that only hides our deficiencies.

I’ll just expect the worst and be happy if it doesn’t happen...

Obviously the ghost of Dean Smith is making it impossible for Ol' Roy to break his wins record.

I never thought I'd say this, but "Go Dean!"

Now I gotta go wash my mouth out with soap.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Agreed. And I know this is my pessimism getting the better of me, but it just feels like the universe is setting us up. My fear is UNC keeps losing... until we play them. Duke’s margin for error is not that great and if Anthony comes back he is capable of going nuts against us. Before the season my expectations were relatively low but then we were playing amazing defense. Now it feels like we are playing more to the level I expected, which makes every game a possible loss. Luckily the ACC is terrible, but that only hides our deficiencies.

I’ll just expect the worst and be happy if it doesn’t happen...
    Yeh, if we lose to those cheats, it would probably give us the worst loss this season. That would hurt our NCAAT seeding.

GoDuke!

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yeh, if we lose to those cheats, it would probably give us the worst loss this season. That would hurt our NCAAT seeding.

GoDuke!
    In fact, in T-Rank, Stephen F. Austin is #109; UNCheat is #110, one spot behind. So, yes, losing to UNC would be Duke's worst loss (putting aside home court advantage).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    True, they weren’t earth shattering before Anthony was injured. It may give them a mental lift/jolt more than stats can predict when he returns but who can be sure.

5-8 in their final 13 would put them at 13-18, 6-14 heading to Greensboro. Would likely need to win 5 games in 5 days to dance. Not sure if the Kenpom 5-8 prediction has Anthony’s return built into the algorithm but if they do indeed go 5-8 the rest of the way, they won’t even play in the NIT this season. Honestly, I think after the ACC Tournament if they don’t win it they may voluntarily end their season even if by some wild chance they’re invited to an invitational.
    It might.

Or he might try to do too much.

Or he might ruin some of whatever juju the team has created in his absence, however small that might be.

Who can be sure, is right.

- Chillin