Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "Avengers Age of Ultron made $459mil... if Endgame only matches that total, picking it won't work" Evans
    If A4 does not pass Ultron I will change my username on DBR to HeelMan97.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The first movie that I know I won't be voting for.

Will Smith's Genie looks awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Wow! That's hideous. The kiddos will be having nightmares, heck maybe the adults too
    I'm curious...y'all just think it's weird because he's blue? Looks fine to me.
    Admittedly, I am an easy target for this film and will undoubtedly spend my money.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Admittedly, I am an easy target for this film and will undoubtedly spend my money.
    Not because he is blue. He's supposed to blue. This is a live action remake of the animated version.
    I think he looks awful because it looks like awful animation for his character. His head looks wayyyy too disembodied. And if that is a glimpse of some of his best dialogue, bleah.
    When you watch the animated version, Genie is Genie! Not Robin Williams. This Genie? Ginormous smurfy Will Smith, and for the most part, only Will Smith.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm with you. Not exactly sure what people expected him to look like, but I thought he was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I'm with you. Not exactly sure what people expected him to look like, but I thought he was fine.
    I think it's the uncanny valley. He like Will Smith but not Will Smith. He also sounds exactly like Will Smith. It's just wrong. I think if they hadn't used his likeness or works be better.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    HA!! The internet agrees in the badness...

For fans of the original concerned that Aladdin might not be able to pull off the translation to live-action, the new trailer did not inspire any hope. Smith is not the only problem the new footage features, but it remains the most prominent and the sheer strangeness of it highlights a problem the movie and Disney cannot ignore: The genie looks bad.
    https://screenrant.com/aladdin-will-...-blue-bad-why/

Some of the Twitter responses I've read are hilarious.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

There is no no no no no way this film makes our top 5. None, not gonna happen, forget about it.

But what a fun concept and I will watch anything Danny Boyle makes. Man gets hit by bus, wakes up in a world where no one has heard of The Beatles so the man becomes a global superstar by playing Beatles songs.

-Jason "Yesterday hits theaters in June" Evans
    I'm gonna see it. (Maybe at home, a bit later...)

-jk

There is no no no no no way this film makes our top 5. None, not gonna happen, forget about it.

But what a fun concept and I will watch anything Danny Boyle makes. Man gets hit by bus, wakes up in a world where no one has heard of The Beatles so the man becomes a global superstar by playing Beatles songs.

-Jason "Yesterday hits theaters in June" Evans
    I wish they had gone with "Hey Dude" for the title!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    If A4 does not pass Ultron I will change my username on DBR to HeelMan97.
    In the event something extremely unlikely occurs. I appeal to the mods to not allow this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    In the event something extremely unlikely occurs. I appeal to the mods to not allow this to happen.
    I have already been contacted by a mod. Don't worry...it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I have already been contacted by a mod. Don't worry...it's happening.
    We attend about 1 movie a year. We may have to see this several hundred times to prevent the name change.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

No one... NO ONE... is more committed to marketing their films than Ryan Reynolds. He is a true hero!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

No one... NO ONE... is more committed to marketing their films than Ryan Reynolds. He is a true hero!
    It's almost as if he's trying to atone for The Green Lantern. Still a long way to go Ryan, a long long way.

In 2014 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes passed Amazing Spiderman 2 in late August to reach 5th place.
    In 2012 Ted barely got 5ht place past Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, also in late August

But 2010 is the year I think you recall. Despicable Me was just a few hundred thousand short of Shrek Forever After on labor day. A week or two later and DM had taken 5th place. But, it was too late as we had closed the contest down.
    In 2015, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation handily passed Pitch Perfect 2, but it was after the contest's cutoff, so Pitch Perfect 2 was credited as #5. In winter 2010, Little Fockers squeaked by Megamind, but it was after a cutoff date that was imposed well into the contest (after voting had occurred and the movies had come out), so Megamind was controversially credited as #5. I recall these because I came up on the short end of both cutoffs, losing out on a 5-for-5 finish in 2015. #NeverForget

Do I detect some nervousness?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Do I detect some nervousness?
    Not even remotely.

For folks who do not recall, Wander and I have a bet. Toy Story 4 must beat Detective Pikachu by $200 mil in total boxoffice. If Pikachu is within $200 mil, I have to change my avatar to a Pikchu for a week and will post many messages praising Wander's brilliance. If TS4 makes $200+ mil more, then Wander will have a Toy Story logo for a week and will spend his time professing to my genius.

I'm thinking this guy would make a fine avatar:

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Interesting: Rotten Tomatoes has disabled the "want to see" section of its site. This comes in the wake of a lot of negative comments left about Captain Marvel as well as a number of articles about said comments. In light of Solo's flop last year, I'm now curious to see how Captain Marvel does at the box office to see if there's anything to this or if it was just a bunch of trolls/bots/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Interesting: Rotten Tomatoes has disabled the "want to see" section of its site. This comes in the wake of a lot of negative comments left about Captain Marvel as well as a number of articles about said comments. In light of Solo's flop last year, I'm now curious to see how Captain Marvel does at the box office to see if there's anything to this or if it was just a bunch of trolls/bots/etc.
    Interesting development.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Are there really that many insecure men that are threatened by the success of a movie about an extremely powerful female superhero? SMH.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Are there really that many insecure men that are threatened by the success of a movie about an extremely powerful female superhero? SMH.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just sad.
    Of course not. But there are always, out of a field of hundreds of millions, some people with a lot of time on their hands and a willingness to troll.