Page 1955 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 95514551855190519451953195419551956195719652005205524552955 ... LastLast
Results 39,081 to 39,100 of 67391
    Who turned off the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They spent half the movie googling all the Scottish and English people (based on real events) and asking one another whether they remembered them. One of them is hard of hearing -and the movie was on - so the exchanges were loud and Scottish. There was a sex scene and father in law yelled, “You’re missing the tits and bums, dear!” to his wife who was in the kitchen. He also burps with his mouth open and every time he does, his wife says “more tea vicker?” They ruined the climax of the movie by asking each other if they remembered x, y and z before x, y, and zed had happened.

My wife is about to lose her mind. Speaking of stereotypes, I think they share a few qualities with the So I Married an Axe Murderer parents.
    That sounds highly entertaining. From the outside and at a safe distance.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Who turned off the heat?
    You live in Texas. Could be a long list.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You live in Texas. Could be a long list.
    Lol, yeah, fallout from the February mess is going to take a while to work it's way through. But the local utility did send a note that they were going to refund the electricity availability fee of $8.75 for the month of February.

I’ve got a triceratops sized pile of mulch to shovel today.

torosaurus-size.jpg

Yikes!
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I guarantee it! It would probably involve Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo, but still . . .
    a friend of mine bought Captain Kangaroo's house.

I am meeting another DBR poster for lunch and a beer exchange today. He is in for a real treat, obviously. Aimo, I will let you know if he punches me in the nose so you can send him a gift basket.

I just got delivery of seven cubic yards...not prepared to deal with it until at least Monday, my excuse is that it's too wet now...i've got a love/hate relationship with mulch...hemlock!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...hemlock!
    Sherlock Hemlock is on the case!

SherlockHemlock.jpg

I just got delivery of seven cubic yards...not prepared to deal with it until at least Monday, my excuse is that it's too wet now...i've got a love/hate relationship with mulch...hemlock!
    That’s about what I have. Shoveled out about 1.5 so far. Stopping for a homemade bacon egg cheese biscuit, which should get me through a few more.

That’s about what I have. Shoveled out about 1.5 so far. Stopping for a homemade bacon egg cheese biscuit, which should get me through a few more.
    I am at the age where I limit myself to 1-1.5 hours/day of mulching, since it follows a five mile walk...want to keep my back happy...bacon egg cheese biscuit sounds like perfect fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Maybe not quite that size but definitely Jurassic Park, "that is one big pile of s***" triceratops stuff!

I am at the age where I limit myself to 1-1.5 hours/day of mulching, since it follows a five mile walk...want to keep my back happy...bacon egg cheese biscuit sounds like perfect fuel.
    Probably got slightly more than half out, all the front yard is taken care of. Think I'm going to save the backyard for tomorrow and do a few other things today. It is satisfying to see the pile slowly get smaller but boy, it's manual. Usually my wife spreads while I cart but I'm on double duty this year.

Probably got slightly more than half out, all the front yard is taken care of. Think I'm going to save the backyard for tomorrow and do a few other things today. It is satisfying to see the pile slowly get smaller but boy, it's manual. Usually my wife spreads while I cart but I'm on double duty this year.
    Are you saying she is lazy?

I shovel my mulch into a wheel barrow, then spread it by hand, which is time consuming but allows me to be pretty precise...I'm glad I only have to do this once a year, but it looks great when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Are you saying she is lazy?
    When I tell her that, she starts yammering on about gestating a baby and I'm all, "yeah, I gest-ate a sandwich and I'm still working!"

I shovel my mulch into a wheel barrow, then spread it by hand, which is time consuming but allows me to be pretty precise...I'm glad I only have to do this once a year, but it looks great when it's done.
    Yep. I shovel into a wheel barrow and then spread by rake in the big spots and by hands in the tight ones. Front yard looks nice. Back yard looms but tomorrow. Now I'm going to go fill a hole in the gap filler in my shed that a mouse burrowed through. Turd.

We do pine needles but I like mulch much more.

a friend of mine bought Captain Kangaroo's house.
    Bob Keeshan was a US Marine

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Bob Keeshan was a US Marine
    Did he make it to Captain?