Page 455 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3554054454534544554564574655055559551455 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 67382
    TGIF! Woo - Who!

And a 3 day weekend. Life is good.

We have snow. The predicted 1 inch is past - we have at least 2 now.

Thumbs down Another $1000 down the pipe

But of course it wasn't the cold weather that did it. It was the house settling on the pipe.

Yes, we had the main water pipe coming into the house crack. It was a clear straight crack along half the circumference. It had probably been like that for 3 weeks or so. Not much damage inside the house.

Now comes time to discuss things with the water company. YCCH!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    TGIF! Woo - Who!

And a 3 day weekend. Life is good.
    -2 degree temperature (beats me what the wind chill is) outside while walking the dog.

Happiness is a warm puppy. Georgia just wants to play.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Similar temperatures up here, -4 degrees.

We put a sweater on my beagle. The lab loves the cold, runs around in her fur. I skipped my run this morning, which was very disappointing to the lab.

Question Tilly's day of work

So, is it a better day at work for Tilly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    So, is it a better day at work for Tilly?
    So far so good, thank you for asking.

I'm craving a krispy kreme donut. They are available in the cafeteria, but am hoping the craving will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

I'm craving a krispy kreme donut. They are available in the cafeteria, but am hoping the craving will pass.
    Skip the KK donut - start craving on the furry snuggles awaiting you at home tonight. Those are much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Skip the KK donut - start craving on the furry snuggles awaiting you at home tonight. Those are much more satisfying.
    They will be all over me tonight, courtesy of the freezing cold temps we'll be having.

I'm also craving the steak I'm going to have at Angus Barn tonight. Thank you Sue71 for coming to the Triangle giving us an excuse to all go out for dinner at the AB.

Hello, all!

I don't really have anything to say, but just wanted to post in the LTE since I've been out of the game for so long. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Hello, all!

I don't really have anything to say, but just wanted to post in the LTE since I've been out of the game for so long. Cheers!
    Welcome back. I hope all is well.

I'm going to see Notorious today!!! Woo hoo!

And if you don't know now ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I'm going to see Notorious today!!! Woo hoo!

And if you don't know now ya know!
    Notorious B.I.G.? I thought he was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

When I have food cravings that I want to resist, I eat a spoonful of peanut butter. That seems to shut down the hunger impulse for a few hours.

That being said, every once in a while, treat yourself to a donut.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    When I have food cravings that I want to resist, I eat a spoonful of peanut butter. That seems to shut down the hunger impulse for a few hours.

That being said, every once in a while, treat yourself to a donut.
    I try very hard to resist cravings. One of the good things about having a job that is pretty demanding is that I don't have time to honor the cravings. It's the darn cravings I get when I'm not working that drive me crazy the most. Will try the PB trick. I <3 PB.

But of course it wasn't the cold weather that did it. It was the house settling on the pipe.

Yes, we had the main water pipe coming into the house crack. It was a clear straight crack along half the circumference. It had probably been like that for 3 weeks or so. Not much damage inside the house.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Ugh sorry to hear that Lavabe. Vibes to you!

If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell you a story. I grew up on the coast in NC. One hurricane season, a big ol oak tree fell in the middle of the street, which caused a main city sewer line to crack. When water service was restored, and everyone started flushing their toilets, the sewage had no where to go cuz the pipe was cinched. There was some sort of air pressure release valve in our front yard which broke, releasing a geyser or sewage. We had the greenest stripe of grass for years after that.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I was ignoring this post as I'm getting ready to buy a house and really don't want to read about bad things happening to home owners. Yes, yes, I know I'm in denial. At least it's not a lonely place.

Good luck Lavabe. Hope everything works out well for you, ILJ, LL, and MG (Miss Georgia).

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Ugh sorry to hear that Lavabe. Vibes to you!

If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell you a story. I grew up on the coast in NC. One hurricane season, a big ol oak tree fell in the middle of the street, which caused a main city sewer line to crack. When water service was restored, and everyone started flushing their toilets, the sewage had no where to go cuz the pipe was cinched. There was some sort of air pressure release valve in our front yard which broke, releasing a geyser or sewage. We had the greenest stripe of grass for years after that.
    This is why I have no problem with dogs doing their business on the lawns. I just need to watch where I step. heh heh heh

Talking 5 0 0 0 -- next up... Bali? Rhode Island?

Will hover here a bit so Bing (devildeac) and I can share another road trip adventure. In the meantime, thanks Bing.

Here's a youtube blurb about The Road picture song (this is from the AFI special of the top 100 movie songs... it's #95):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsQKmnqYhs

The 4,000's were a lot of fun.

5,000 Cheers,
    Lavabe

Will hover here a bit so Bing (devildeac) and I can share another road trip adventure. In the meantime, thanks Bing.

Here's a youtube blurb about The Road picture song (this is from the AFI special of the top 100 movie songs... it's #95):

5,000 Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Congratulations on reaching 5,000. Here is to 5,000 more fun, entertaining, informative posts from the great Lemure Lover himself, Lavabe.

5,000 Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Congratulations on 5,000. I bow down before greatness.