Page 1755 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 75512551655170517451753175417551756175717651805185522552755 ... LastLast
Results 35,081 to 35,100 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I'm in the VC phase - are you looking to invest?

Oh, you mean do I prefer a brand of pickle for these nuggets of goodness. No, not really. That's probably heresy to the pickle purists on the board - and you know who I'm looking at - but any solid dill chip will do.
    I'm not going overboard here to say that the two most intriguing things I have read on this board in the last year are the terms pickle purist t
    and turkey curious. They take my mind on a very wild ride. You just can't fight the pickle industrial complex.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm not going overboard here to say that the two most intriguing things I have read on this board in the last year are the terms pickle purist t
    and turkey curious. They take my mind on a very wild ride. You just can't fight the pickle industrial complex.
    On drives down to the NC coast, we often passed Mt. Olive Pickle industrial complex, and observed the mandatory moment of silence. Hallowed ground.

Extra points are given to geezers who remember WRAL's Ray Reeve discussing the annual Mt. Olive Pickle Classic, with a giant ceramic gherkin in front of him.

I have a friend who was very interested in starting a artisan pickle business (yeah, I know, very Ashevillian of her). But, it turns out that shipping heavy fragile jars is VERY expensive. Luckily, she learned this before investing too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have a friend who was very interested in starting a artisan pickle business (yeah, I know, very Ashevillian of her). But, it turns out that shipping heavy fragile jars is VERY expensive. Luckily, she learned this before investing too much money.
    Well, if she marketed them as “artisan” she could have marked them up 10X and probably done okay.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Did I forget to post that Arrow came home from the hospital Sunday evening? The surgery was a success. He's asleep right now, definitely on the mend but still needing pain management.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did I forget to post that Arrow came home from the hospital Sunday evening? The surgery was a success. He's asleep right now, definitely on the mend but still needing pain management.
    Good to hear!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Damn. Back to the drawing board.

Best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Great news! Hoping the pain lessens quickly.

In Texas, when bad weather hits, not only do we run out of milk, eggs, and bread, we also run out of tortillas. I'm down to my last couple and am wondering when they will be restocked.

#Tacosarelife

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In Texas, when bad weather hits, not only do we run out of milk, eggs, and bread, we also run out of tortillas. I'm down to my last couple and am wondering when they will be restocked.

#Tacosarelife
    I hate to brag, but I make THE most ok tacos. They're decent. Damn decent.

#Tacosarelife
    You know, this happened at the front end of the pandemic here. The taco shelves were cleaned completely out for a good month+.

It's work webinar night again so probably going to be mining the off-topic for old DBR gold.

#Tacosarelife
    You’re not from Texas if you don’t make your own. Just sayin’

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have a tortilla press but have yet to produce what I would consider a tortilla. Sometimes the simple things are the hardest to perfect.

Nosh on that bit of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm a proud Hawaiian! Well, at least that is what I claim. Since my stay was temporary, I would likely be viewed as a Haole since even my Asian lineage is Japanese rather than Polynesian.*

I generally claim AZ as my home state as that was where I lived before showing up in Durham, NC. Depends on the person and the conversation. When I was traveling to Brazil, Argentina and Mexico a lot I claimed North Carolina as I was living in Charlotte at the time and then later Nashville, TN.

*As opposed to a hapa Haole.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hate to brag, but I make THE most ok tacos. They're decent. Damn decent.
    That's a winning situation in some scenarios.

That's a winning situation in some scenarios.
    They're amazingly ok.

An okay taco is better than no taco at all.

I believe that was Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    An okay taco is better than no taco at all.

I believe that was Confucius.
    Sounds right.